Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 6, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #8,326 of 18,889
So true! There was a Next week(TM) for the goGigure App and what we get is another firmware update nearly half a year after the last!? Why not tell us upfront that there is/must be another firmware update before the app? There may be alot of problems along the way i guess, al understandable. But not communicating in a timely manner to your customers which have waitet month for poly to come out and now waiting for nearly another half year to throw away the damn configTool(TM).

No we are back in the guessing game. „Imminent(TM)“ is the new „Next Week(TM)“ and may change along the way to another firmware update, who knows...

It‘s really hard to stay friendly, CHORD. Sorry. Thanks @JeremyLaurenson
Somewhere burred in this loooong thread is a post informing us that a SW update is required prior to the GoFigure implementation. I get we are all upset, Chord is trying to make the best of a situation. Together we will work through this. You can't beat them up for something they did tell us.

My first Poly didn't work at all. I misunderstood the dealer and thought there was a app, but it just sucked. Between no app and faulty Poly I was close to tossing the whole concept and going with a DAP, but Chord made it right and I love the sound. Not a Chord fanboy. Certainly will wait for proven solutions in the future.

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #8,327 of 18,889
Update went fine. Changing modes is even more of a hassle now though- hopefully not for long!!!!

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #8,329 of 18,889
Your right our marketing guy decided to rewrite a paragraph when he just should have stuck to the original. It’s being sorted!

No problem, John. We appreciate the complexities and you sharing details point by point, step by step.
Heather hit the treadmill this morning with updated Poly, checked the bluetooth connection (purple!) and all is well.

I look forward to 2Go!

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #8,330 of 18,889
Option B
Poly is a hotspot and my phone will then connect to that network.
Ok, this worked, so FYI, it updated the firmware while using IPHONE hotspots mode, and I had to check that it was updated while in POLY hotspot mode. Then went back to IPHONE hotspot mode which you connect to by being in what Poly calls "Network Mode" flashing blue light. Took just a few minutes. I guess once GoFigure comes out, I won't need to do this to check firmware. Thanks so much Jeremy, you really have made the use of Poly much clearer.

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #8,332 of 18,889
Successfully updated to 1.0.26.
So what we have to do now is wait for GoFigure app, which would be released only after Chord have confirmed its compatibility with iOS 12.0. Am I getting it right?:)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #8,333 of 18,889
My Poly internal organization:

9937527_l.jpg

9937528_l.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #8,335 of 18,889
As an Android user, with no firm timescales for GoFigure, I am going to steer clear of this firmware as it will make Poly too frustrating with the further complicated mode changing.
I too have android but I'm afraid it auto updates in network mode

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #8,336 of 18,889
As an Android user, with no firm timescales for GoFigure, I am going to steer clear of this firmware as it will make Poly too frustrating with the further complicated mode changing.
i think its simplified it. Theres no longer "access point mode" and "hotspot mode", just hotspot mode. and its quicker to cycle through the modes too.

there is nothing to fear, but fear itself ! (hopefully - unless i'm unaware of things).

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #8,337 of 18,889
Hi guys what do you Android users use to control media on the poly? Glider is only for iOS but looks good would foobar or USB player pro work or are there better alternatives? Thanks I wish they would fix these issues soon.

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #8,339 of 18,889
Hi guys what do you Android users use to control media on the poly? Glider is only for iOS but looks good would foobar or USB player pro work or are there better alternatives? Thanks I wish they would fix these issues soon.

I've found Hi-Fi Cast+ quite good.

No problem, John. We appreciate the complexities and you sharing details point by point, step by step.

But the catch is they don't. Weeks(tm) can go by without a peep from Chord until grumblings from Poly users with bonafide questions/concerns stirs the pot again.

According to Chord's website and Facebook posts everything's rainbows & unicorns in Polyland. I believe in Poly but this whole GoFigure fiasco has me ticked now. I was patient until December 2017, now it's gotten comical really.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #8,340 of 18,889
I find BubbleUPnP works well but it transcodes DSD to FLAC.

Do you only use BubbleUPnP when your phone is connected to Poly through hotspot mode? I also use BubbleUPnP but still after the last firmware today my Poly disappears from my home wifi just seconds after it´s powered on. I have to have the BubbleUPnP app open when turning on Poly in order to "catch" it both as a renderer and a SD card library. I had high hopes for this being fixed by now. I find M.A.L.P works fine for SD card playback but lacks the ability to stream Tidal, which is a big loss at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back