Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 6, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #8,283 of 18,782
+1 on the keeping us informed however I can see why they don’t.

There are a very small handful of users here who continue to abuse and mock every time they do update.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #8,284 of 18,782
f3rnsh.png

New Firmware Announcement for Poly

At 12pm BST today a new firmware update for Poly will be released to the public. Version 1.0.26 brings improvements, a security update, and the necessary features for the imminent launch of GoFigure for iOS.

For update instructions please visit the link below:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/updating-poly-to-enable-gofigure-app-control/
Well Jeremy it’s a such shame that you always seem to prefer to keep your rants to public forums rather than talking privately to us where we can keep you fully informed and acurately up to speed with everything that has been happening behind the scenes. Which has been rather more that any one of you might assume Also the denegrating comments from some about our software engineering are grossly unfounded and had you enquired privately you would perhaps begin to understand rather more than you apparently do. In around fifty minutes or so perhaps you’ll be a little happier rant over

On what planet is a post questioning the capability of a software developer of (a) a product which doesn’t function as advertised (Poly), and (b) an app which was promised to be released about 6 months ago (GoFigure), anywhere near being “grossly unfounded”?

Poly’s release has been a disaster in everyone’s eyes, other than your own. The sooner you accept it and stop attacking those who share their disappointment/frustrations, the better. There’s no company that gets everything right, every time. Mistakes happen. I honestly believe that your response to everything has made everything worse than it needed to be, and has fuelled a lot of the angst on here

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #8,285 of 18,782
So how do you think our telling of every twist and turn and every new operating system update from Apple and our having to adapt and update both our own operation system to accommodate it also the GoFigure Ap and resubmit to them for re approval. Why do you feel that everyone needed to know all the many complex in and outs in all their fine detail when few of the readers would have your wonderful insight and profound product vision Mr Laurensen

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #8,286 of 18,782
+1 and spot on

So true! There was a Next week(TM) for the goGigure App and what we get is another firmware update nearly half a year after the last!? Why not tell us upfront that there is/must be another firmware update before the app? There may be alot of problems along the way i guess, al understandable. But not communicating in a timely manner to your customers which have waitet month for poly to come out and now waiting for nearly another half year to throw away the damn configTool(TM).

No we are back in the guessing game. „Imminent(TM)“ is the new „Next Week(TM)“ and may change along the way to another firmware update, who knows...

It‘s really hard to stay friendly, CHORD. Sorry. Thanks @JeremyLaurenson

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #8,287 of 18,782
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #8,288 of 18,782
To change the subject.

Eric Bristow died today.

But Jocky Wilson beat him to it.

9C0A13DE-9C2F-4239-9D39-2964ABCC7A40.jpeg

9D535243-8C51-4B73-AD0F-BA209688C82F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #8,289 of 18,782
I hear Harvard Business School is commissioning a case study on the Poly launch - to teach its students the danger of brand-stretch, poor product launch planning and then how not to communicate as a CEO

I used to think that Chord products were made by erudite artisans. Chord's replies really create a different image of what goes on at The Pumphouse

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #8,290 of 18,782
@Mojo ideas

John I'd get someone to check your firmware instructions page, it seems to involve switching the unit off 3 times with no intermediate switches on. And 2 switches on with no intermediate off.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #8,291 of 18,782
To change the subject.

Eric Bristow died today.

But Jocky Wilson beat him to it.

If there is a heaven then there will be an epic game of darts going on a la 80’s style between Eric and Jocky

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #8,292 of 18,782
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #8,293 of 18,782
@Mojo ideas

John I'd get someone to check your firmware instructions page, it seems to involve switching the unit off 3 times with no intermediate switches on. And 2 switches on with no intermediate off.

This will be fixed NEXT WEEK

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #8,294 of 18,782
Who needs GoFigure if you can have a firmware update...

I am getting a bit concerned with regards to the 2Go. Loving the Hugo2 and (still) have high hopes for the module but this is a tad discouraging.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #8,295 of 18,782
Has anyone completed the firmware update yet? I can't seem to get into hotspot mode to open the splash screen and check the firmware or change playback settings. The "voice" provides a bunch of different instructions but no change to hotspot mode. I'm guessing this is in preparation for go figure but I'm not currently able to change form Roon mode to Other to take Poly out with me this morning....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back