Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #7,171 of 18,757
Please tell me what MPD client you're using that catalogues mp3s, reading tags etc? Neither M.A.L.P or MPD Remote recognises them, though then can be played by navigating the files themselves.

@Matt Bartlett @Gr8h8m It's less likely to be the client. There may however be some difference with the files themselves or some other factor on the server side. e.g. maybe we need a specific mp3 tag type. Just for the record my mp3's are also not indexed by genre, artist, album, etc. Navigating by folder is the only option....

My files ONLY have ID3V2 tags...

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #7,172 of 18,757
FWIW. I ended up curating hundreds of FLAC files that were downloaded from various merchants in several resolutions. There were lots of errors and missing data in the tags and metadata. There is no reason to use an AIFF file since an FLAC (or ALAC) can be converted to a bit perfect AIFF. It’s a waste of space. I would batch convert files to FLAC whick will work fine. Should takeno more than a frw minutes and some space on a hardrive.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #7,173 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett @Gr8h8m It's less likely to be the client. There may however be some difference with the files themselves or some other factor on the server side. e.g. maybe we need a specific mp3 tag type. Just for the record my mp3's are also not indexed by genre, artist, album, etc. Navigating by folder is the only option....

My files ONLY have ID3V2 tags...
Same for me - only ID3v2 tags. I thought if Matt could tell us which client he's using that works fine I could check my files using that.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #7,174 of 18,757
Same for me - only ID3v2 tags. I thought if Matt could tell us which client he's using that works fine I could check my files using that.
I'm reasonably sure it's the server. I've been writing an mpd client myself and can see the raw response from the server is missing these files...

Happy to be proven wrong. If I get a few mins later I'll try an id3v1 tag though and attack from that angle.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #7,175 of 18,757
Has anyone been successful connecting to Poly via iPhone hotspot? I have added my hotspot in Poly setup and have seen it connect, buit as soon as the iPhone goes to sleep, the connection is dropped. Is the only solution to connect and turn off sleep and burn through the phone battery?

Second question is has anyi\one been successful connecting to a Fire tablet? I was unable to hear any audio on my flight today. Poly was in hot spot mode and connected to the tablet.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #7,176 of 18,757
I'm reasonably sure it's the server. I've been writing an mpd client myself and can see the raw response from the server is missing these files...

Happy to be proven wrong. If I get a few mins later I'll try an id3v1 tag though and attack from that angle.
Interesting. Still, Matt claimed mp3s were working ok? Yes please do update when you get the chance.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #7,177 of 18,757
Has anyone been successful connecting to Poly via iPhone hotspot? I have added my hotspot in Poly setup and have seen it connect, buit as soon as the iPhone goes to sleep, the connection is dropped. Is the only solution to connect and turn off sleep and burn through the phone battery?

Second question is has anyi\one been successful connecting to a Fire tablet? I was unable to hear any audio on my flight today. Poly was in hot spot mode and connected to the tablet.
Make sure your not using low battery mode on your phone

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #7,179 of 18,757
Had my exchange Poly today. I must say thank you to Tom at Chord for a swift and trouble free exchange at my local dealer.

Long time since my first Poly I can't remember. When charging Poly for the first time is there any led indication on Poly when charging off Mojo? Nothing showing this Poly, no led lit? . ... It says 6 hrs in manual but it's recommended 10hrs is that correct? ...... That's what I did with the first..

Hoping this one will power up and connect to WiFi quicker than the first. No dropouts and longer battery life too I hope.

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #7,180 of 18,757
FWIW. I ended up curating hundreds of FLAC files that were downloaded from various merchants in several resolutions. There were lots of errors and missing data in the tags and metadata. There is no reason to use an AIFF file since an FLAC (or ALAC) can be converted to a bit perfect AIFF. It’s a waste of space. I would batch convert files to FLAC whick will work fine. Should takeno more than a frw minutes and some space on a hardrive.

went through the same a few years ago... converted all my .aiff and .wav files into FLAC with XLD. I even use XLD to amend and correct wrong metadata. XLD even supports DSD if you want to take it up a notch and it's totally free.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #7,181 of 18,757
Does anyone know a UK retailer that stocks the Van Nuys ‘Mojo Poly Premium Leather Case’?

The only online stockists I’ve found appear to be in the Netherlands and Norway...

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #7,182 of 18,757
I was debating getting the Poly and checked a few US vendors and noticed the Chord Poly at moon audio was $749, did they decide to jack up the price for some reason?

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #7,183 of 18,757
Had my exchange unit but all is not well, unless I'm doing something very wrong.

I can't get the p status light to come on at all now!

I charged the Poly alone 10hrs ... conneted to Mojo and switched on, no p status light after 10min wait.
Then I charged Poly and Mojo connected together, 10hrs ...... Switched on, no p status light after 10mins wait
Put charge cable in, switched on while charging, the same no p status light.
Ok, tried using config pin, held in but of course it would not go into access point, just thought I'd try it.
Disconnected poly from mojo reconnected, still no p status light.
Formatted SD card just in case, no change.
Worried about "hot" disconnect/reconnect so not tried that.

It's been sitting here now for an hour, no p status light.

Help please guys

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #7,184 of 18,757
Does anyone know a UK retailer that stocks the Van Nuys ‘Mojo Poly Premium Leather Case’?

The only online stockists I’ve found appear to be in the Netherlands and Norway...
Hi Keith,

Where are you located? I can put you in contact with a local dealer that stocks the cases.

Thanks

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #7,185 of 18,757
Hi Keith,

Where are you located? I can put you in contact with a local dealer that stocks the cases.

Thanks

I’m interested too- based in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back