Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 4, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #6,571 of 19,125
Hoovering the house streaming from qobuz to Poly. Give the girl some love. She sounds wonderful. Waiting for the GoHoover app so I can sit down while she gets on with it.

I'm already guessing the GoHoover app will suck. :wink:

Feb 4, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #6,572 of 19,125
New to the forum, but wanted to provide my experience with Mojo/Poly so far.
It took a bit to understand the configuration process and the need to set up WiFi on the poly, but after that all is going well.
I have run with Roon, and with sd card. Some of the small issues I experience are getting glider to recognize the poly. Sometimes I get two poly options to pick from in glider, once I hade 4 of them. I keep trying and one of them normally works.
Firmware updates have been no issue. I have not had any issues with drop outs.
Glider sometimes does not reflect the song I am listening to in an album, it stays at the song I started at.
I have not yet tried the hotspot option for sd card for use on a plane, that is next.
Battery life is something that I am just now paying attention to, no opinion yet.
I do have issues trying to use my iPad Pro for glider, seems to only work with the iPhone (6 in my case).
The wiki has been a huge help.
Over all very please, I can roam around the house with my Sennhauser 800Ds!

We're happy to look into any issues you may be having with Glider. Just send me a direct message and we'll try to get them sorted out.

Feb 4, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #6,573 of 19,125
Hello, new to this forum and new mojo/poly user,

Experience with poly so far:

Not the most straightforward of setups but the videos helped. I am looking to use the m/p combination for streaming from tidal. I was hoping that I could stream higher bitrates to poly but I have been unsuccessful so far. Another thing I encountered is the poly "disappears" when I pause a song and try to resume and have to switch off and on again. I am on the latest FW version. So far, I've concluded from the posts, and I would like somebody to correct me if I am wrong:

a) From iOS it is not possible to stream from tidal with resolutions higher than 44.1/16 due to Airplay protocol limitation.
b) This "disappearance" of mojo/poly is a bug even with the latest fw version 1.0.17
c) Trying to stream from Windows 10 using tidat is a no-go.
d) Trying to stream from Windows 10 using the "Cast to device" works for a few seconds or so and the I loose the mojo.

iPhone is 8plus latest iOS

Feb 4, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #6,574 of 19,125
I must admit, poly playing via roon is excellent.

I cant believe that in the space of one week i have went from uber pissed off with poly to really liking her, the update has transformed poly for me.

However, its been a solely indoor experience, no drops at all. Will try tomorrow as a test on the go with tidal, sd card and playing from jriver server, will try several different apps aswell, fingers crossed it will be as nice an experience outdoors as it has been this weekend with roon indoors.

Feb 5, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #6,575 of 19,125
Hello, new to this forum and new mojo/poly user,

Not the most straightforward of setups but the videos helped. I am looking to use the m/p combination for streaming from tidal. I was hoping that I could stream higher bitrates to poly but I have been unsuccessful so far. Another thing I encountered is the poly "disappears" when I pause a song and try to resume and have to switch off and on again. I am on the latest FW version. So far, I've concluded from the posts, and I would like somebody to correct me if I am wrong:

a) From iOS it is not possible to stream from tidal with resolutions higher than 44.1/16 due to Airplay protocol limitation.
b) This "disappearance" of mojo/poly is a bug even with the latest fw version 1.0.17
c) Trying to stream from Windows 10 using tidat is a no-go.
d) Trying to stream from Windows 10 using the "Cast to device" works for a few seconds or so and the I loose the mojo.

iPhone is 8plus latest iOS
I have been using the AK connect app for Tidal with my 6S plus works really well

Feb 5, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #6,576 of 19,125
Unless something has changed very recently, the iOS Tidal app does not provide the facility for MQA; only the desktop app does this. The Qobuz Sublime+ iOS app, on the other hand, does support hi-res streaming but is throttled by that AirPlay 16/44.1 restriction.

Feb 5, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #6,577 of 19,125
I have been using the AK connect app for Tidal with my 6S plus works really well
Yes it does! (AK v2.0) Thank you very much. This is what I was looking for. On top of that it appears that it plays 48/?? from Tidal but I haven't figured out why/how.
@tonyl59 Yes, with a bit of further research I've realized that. Perhaps a future AK app version will include Qobuz in its streaming offerings.

Feb 5, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #6,578 of 19,125
MConnect also offers Tidal and Qobuz... but it's having trouble to detect the Poly renderer ... airplay and bluetooth works but then again limited to low res...
I'm hoping Glider can offer these integrated streaming services in future versions.

Feb 5, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #6,579 of 19,125
I must admit, poly playing via roon is excellent.

I cant believe that in the space of one week i have went from uber pissed off with poly to really liking her, the update has transformed poly for me.

That’s great - it is very good when you get it working isn’t it? It has just worked since day 1 for me - it must be frustrating for those for whom it hasn’t. Hopefully, we’ll all be in the happy camp soon enough. I do look forward to not having to poke around with the config pin though! I’m currently trying Roon in Airplay mode so that I can keep Poly in ‘Other’ mode all the while and forget about the pin. Airplay won’t play hires files, but it seems ok otherwise.

I do think that the Crossfeed and EQ in Roon work very well with MojoPoly - I wonder whether It is possible to achieve similar for SD card playback. I presume probably not as Poly reads directly from the card?

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #6,580 of 19,125
@Matt Bartlett or any kind soul - share the settings for MPDluxe please? i am using my iPhone X's hot spot to connect with MojoPoly. I'm on the latest firmware and latest iOS version as well. currently i am getting the msg "disconnected from server"....

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #6,581 of 19,125
@Matt Bartlett or any kind soul - share the settings for MPDluxe please? i am using my iPhone X's hot spot to connect with MojoPoly. I'm on the latest firmware and latest iOS version as well. currently i am getting the msg "disconnected from server"....
I've given up on MPDluxe long time ago, try Glider which also supports MPD.

Feb 5, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #6,583 of 19,125

Try a hard quit on MPDluxe, open Glider and see if it connects. If it does, hard quit Glider and launch MPDluxe. If this doesn’t work reboot the iPhone and/or reload another copy of MPDluxe. One of these usually gets it to work. Early on MpDluxe worked when Glider didn’t on my Poly but Joe has Glider working well now. I prefer it to MPDluxe.

Feb 5, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #6,584 of 19,125

Are you using your Poly name as the server name? Here are my settings which work on every network I connect to.

IMG_5805.PNG

Feb 5, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #6,585 of 19,125
Both my wife's and my Polys finally got their updates yesterday and they finally worked. Note the past tense, worked. That's right they worked flawlessly last night.
Was so happy and was enjoying myself thoroughly before finally succumbing to sleep bug. Anxiously turned on my unit this morning and to my surprise, or rather, dismay, none of the apps (8Player Pro, Glider, MPDluxe, whatever) recognized it!
Guess I'm going to have to re-use it as a paperweight again till the next firmware update announcement then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back