Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 29, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #6,332 of 18,970
Jan 29, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #6,333 of 18,970
You can go back to the retail shop and have them to arrange to send your Poly to local authorized dealer to check.

I did this when my SD card got stuck in Poly. They got it rectified and returned to the shop for my collection.

My SD card got stuck and wouldn’t come out of the Poly. For anyone else who may encounter this, it is very easy to resolve and there is no need to return the unit - you just need to very slightly loosen the screws on the base of the Poly - only a fraction of a turn to loosen is required - and it should pop in and out easily. One of my screws was just slightly over tight and this suggestion by Matt Bartlett worked a treat.

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #6,334 of 18,970
I don think that’s entirely fair. @SteveOliver has contributed to the thread, in a balanced manner, and even built his own “Poly” and shared what it took and how he thought Poly would be better (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-100#post-13380021). Not sure why he doesn’t think he will own a Poly, but that’s his decision to make.

Well, on reflection, I do think that my post was unnecessary and not particularly helpful - it was just an expression of frustration at the way this thread was headed. It was not my intention to offend @SteveOliver and I apologise if any offence was taken. I shall now take my own advice and only post if I have anything positive or helpful to add.

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #6,335 of 18,970
My SD card got stuck and wouldn’t come out of the Poly. For anyone else who may encounter this, it is very easy to resolve and there is no need to return the unit - you just need to very slightly loosen the screws on the base of the Poly - only a fraction of a turn to loosen is required - and it should pop in and out easily. One of my screws was just slightly over tight and this suggestion by Matt Bartlett worked a treat.

My concern was violating the warranty.

We lost 250g card but the SD card works now, once powering on is successful 15-30 min).

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #6,339 of 18,970
I was able to get poly to connect to private network .

Only thing I can't do now is find control of the sd card in any mode

It's xfat format idk what I'm doing work

Other than that, this thing is awesome and quick

Eduardo

Was this a newer produced poly? Or for others who have purchased recently: does connection issues appear remedied in recent purchases?

Thanks

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #6,340 of 18,970
I was able to get poly to connect to private network .

Only thing I can't do now is find control of the sd card in any mode

It's xfat format idk what I'm doing work

Other than that, this thing is awesome and quick
Can you expand on what sd card control you are looking for?

Can you play music from the card (assuming it has music on it) using an Android app such as HiFi Cast? Or are you referring to the localised control of the sdcard that the GoFigure app will bring (which currently no other app can do)?

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #6,341 of 18,970
Can you expand on what sd card control you are looking for?

Can you play music from the card (assuming it has music on it) using an Android app such as HiFi Cast? Or are you referring to the localised control of the sdcard that the GoFigure app will bring (which currently no other app can do)?

I was hoping to control sd cars via bubleupnpb in Hotspot mode. (polys sd card that is)

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #6,342 of 18,970
Eduardo

Was this a newer produced poly? Or for others who have purchased recently: does connection issues appear remedied in recent purchases?

Thanks
Peter

I don't know if this unit was built newer than my last unit. (last unit was flawless)

However here is what may help. This new unit, when I got it it never was updated, Bluetooth didn't work, nothing but Hotspot worked. And yes, eventually (10 mins after turning poly on) it would shut off and just display mojo bat life. (pressing the configuration button did nothing at this point) only remedy was to plug poly in, regardless of its battery state at that point.

CONNECT POLY TO A PRIVATE WIFI AND LET IT STAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR WIFI ABOUT AN Hr

Will update its firmware.

As soon as it connected to private wifi, I shut it off and on and it's perfect device, works awsosme and is very quick to emit Hotspot to switch modes all of that.

Just like my old unit, this one is fine now. I can't seem to figure out how to control sd card but that may be my fault.

On a side note, I did notice poly is a little off on Thr fit with mojo, it has maybe 2mm of gap, (I personally don't care about this) the attachment is solid and good, just slightly twisted. Check out the pics.

But this is no problem

20180128_144209.jpg is 20180128_144214.jpg 20180128_144209.jpg

Jan 29, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #6,343 of 18,970
They should go off when fully charged
Greetings John,
What does it mean when the Poly status light is solid blue following a complete charge (the Mojo light is extinguished)? This has been happening lately, but prior to this, I've seen both lights extinguish following a full charge.

During charge, I have the Mojo/Poly units attached and charging through Poly's connection via an Anker power hub.

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #6,344 of 18,970
I was hoping to control sd cars via bubleupnpb in Hotspot mode. (polys sd card that is)
Thas is normally possible. If bubbleupnp can find the Poly as media server and renderer you should get a listing of the music. If not it's either a sdcard that needs to be reformatted or the music files are not in a valid format, though I think you'd see the pictures for the tracks.

When you put the sdcard in with Poly switched on you should see the leds flash green/blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back