Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #6,317 of 18,970
Yesterday my Poly was working fine using Bluetooth.
I full charge my Poly and yesterday I listened to music around at most 2 hours only. Just only I listened to a good 15mins and my Poly suddenly failed to work and refused to switch on (battery drain?!). Until I plug it to recharge it a white led light come out.
I'm very disappointed with Poly, usually I have great faith in productz made by Chord. I owned the Hugo and Mojo and they never failed me. But this Poly is just awful!

Jan 28, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #6,318 of 18,970
Sounds like another one of Chord’s “complex wifi issues” to me....

It's not really too complex. Poly is a headless device and as such does not communicate back and forth directly with us thorough a GUI as do our phones, pads and computers. This is not so unusual. We are surrounded daily by embedded processors. When designing Poly, Chord avoided the cost, complexity, size and weight of a screen and everything else that would have turned it into a DAP or a phone without the phone. While this has advantages, it does make things difficult when things aren't working as planned. Hopefully by the end of next week we will have the promised firmware update and GoFigure (I know six more weeks for Android). That should help a lot. In the meanwhile, the MAC address is unique to each device so once you have it, you can store it and use it any time you need Poly's MAC address. I have always used the iPhone hybrid Hotspot mode when in hotels. It works fine for me. Well, as well as Poly works given that it can be quite temperamental about even turning on.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #6,319 of 18,970
I believe this was fixed a couple of updates ago. The problem is more likely what @JeremyLaurenson said. You need to agree to the hotel's user policies and Poly can't display that webpage.

There are doubtless many ways to get Poly's mac address. I happened to get it using a software app on my MBP called iNet Network Scanner that I downloaded from the Apple App Store. What you would need to do is scan your home network when Poly is attached and it will give you the IP address and MAC address of Poly -- you can also see the ping value and if Poly is responding and you can see what services are available from Poly as for example whether it is logged on with MPD and DLNA available or is just sitting there attached and waiting for that download of firmware from Chord. I am sure other programs are available that do similar and even more complex network analysis, I just happen to have this one and it works fine for my purposes. There is also an iOS version so that if you attach Poly to your iPhone hotspot and scan, you can tell if Poly is attached and you can get the MAC address. There are countless other ways to get a MAC address.

Great point
As additional info.

Having a Mac address and spoofing for a public network wont work. As for poly to enter the network you need the ssid/pass which isidifferent then logging in to xfinity/cox/att/ect

Jan 28, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #6,320 of 18,970
After being warned more than once by admins, it seems that this thread continues to be inundated with snark and personal attacks. If you don't like the questions posted by a member, just ignore it and go on to the next post.

Sorry, I'll get off my high horse now. (apologies to aayler, this is not in reference to you!!)
No worries! I can understand why people--consumers who've invested time and commitment into a product--are a bit frustrated with the user experience, and subsequently, with this kind of open forum, see an opportunity to air out some of that frustration ... and the nature of the internet is to say crazy stuff that you probably wouldn't in person, but I definitely appreciate good manners and consideration--we're all music lovers after all ...

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #6,321 of 18,970
Update :- My fully charged Chord Poly failed me yesterday, Bluetooth streaming via my iPhone 8 gives me less than a hour of listening time, the damn thing just powered off by itself and refused to power up even I powered down and turn on again and again.

Disappointed with yesterday ordeal, I gave it a full charge overnight using my 2A charger and prayed before going to bed that my Poly will be all good next morning.

Morning wake up, first thing I do is to try again wow it's working! So happy I listen to Gun & Rose's "Knocking on heavens door", before the song could complete, Poly shut off by itself again! That's 5mins playtime?!

I'm deeply regretted spending my money buying a brand new Poly which keep failing me. This Poly that I bought is only less than a week and already given me so many headaches.

I'm now having a expensive thing that only works as a paperweight! :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #6,322 of 18,970
I have completely given up trying to get my Poly to work. This is without a doubt the most disappointing purchase I have made. I have thought advertising my Poly for sale on the forum, however would feel too guilty lumping someone else with it...

I bought it from overseas too, so cannot even return it to the place I purchased it for a refund. damn

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #6,323 of 18,970
I too gave up on my Poly, setting my Hugo for Bluetooth streaming is so much simple with no issues.
Usually I rate Chord products highly and gladly recommend to anyone that enjoy music, not so with Chord Poly which is a nightmare to even begin with.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #6,324 of 18,970
Screenshot_20180129-092646.png
Do you know of a different way ? For example one for Android?

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #6,325 of 18,970
I again charge it for more than 5 hours try to play a song via Bluetooth, it does not last me even a song and poly auto shut off and refused to turned on.
I'm sure I'm getting a defective unit or it is supposed to be like this?!

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #6,326 of 18,970
I go back to my Hugo, I just want my lemon Poly refunded.

PrMR0MP.jpg

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #6,327 of 18,970
I again charge it for more than 5 hours try to play a song via Bluetooth, it does not last me even a song and poly auto shut off and refused to turned on.
I'm sure I'm getting a defective unit or it is supposed to be like this?!

It’s clearly a faulty unit.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #6,328 of 18,970

PrMR0MP.jpg
Guessing from your ID. Are you from sg ?
You can go back to the retail shop and have them to arrange to send your Poly to local authorized dealer to check.

I did this when my SD card got stuck in Poly. They got it rectified and returned to the shop for my collection.

You may wanna give the shop a call before heading down cos my problem occurred within 1 week from date of purchase.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #6,329 of 18,970
Sounds like another one of Chord’s “complex wifi issues” to me....

PrMR0MP.jpg
It sounds to me like the Mojo/Poly combination is still not charging. It seems some 2 Ampere chargers don’t put out what’s on their labels please try an other high output charger. If your not prepared to try this would you be prepared to contact info @ chordelectronics.co.uk so that we can arrange a swap out after which we will thoroughly check the unit and advise you of our findings.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #6,330 of 18,970
It sounds to me like the Mojo/Poly combination is still not charging. It seems some 2 Ampere chargers don’t put out what’s on their labels please try an other high output charger. If your not prepared to try this would you be prepared to contact info @ chordelectronics.co.uk so that we can arrange a swap out after which we will thoroughly check the unit and advise you of our findings.

Thanks for the reply.
Will charge with my iPad charger to see how it goes.
If fully charged for both Mojo and Poly, are there supposed to have the white LED lights on or the lights will goes off? Please advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back