Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 11, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #5,746 of 18,780
this is not not my experience on iPhone X. i pull down Control Center, hold down the wireless connection square, then press "Personal Hotspot" once (bottom right corner in the picture below). and then i can close Control Center and it connects fine once discoverable.
Success. This worked. Keeping my fingers crossed it will stay this way.

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #5,748 of 18,780
I have just got my poly module and so far it works as expected, but I was wondering, the poly case promo roughly how long does the free case take to arrive ?

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #5,749 of 18,780
Well, it is still a little wonky, when I turned it off for a little while, and then turned it back on, it took a little while to get it into access point mode, then it wouldn’t connect via the hotspot but only by connecting tot eh poly wifi network. Still don’t know why. For hotspot, should I change it out of access point mode? Also, Try as I can, I can’t seem to find what firmware version it is, when I open safari on the iPhone the config page comes up but I can’t see where the version number would be. It seems that I should be able to pull that up, but I can’t. Thanks for all the help.

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #5,750 of 18,780
When the Gofigure app is released shortly every one can loose their configuration pins as they won’t be needed. I always hated that damned pin!
The time line for the App is We expect the release to us at Chord is later this coming week along with a further operating system up date We will select a few of you people and a few others for final sign off beta if nothing untoward shows will will release very shortly after. Further information will be forth coming.

What's the status on this please?

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #5,751 of 18,780
764C3CFD-F35B-40EB-9C50-2E20A37160C8.jpeg
Need help pls guys

Just received the cipher cable for my i4
Is this correct firmware?

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #5,752 of 18,780
^
No. Poly firmware is 1.0.10.

(Pro-tip: this thread is for Poly related stuff)

Jan 12, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #5,754 of 18,780
First of all, good day to you all. Long time lurker, first time poster.
My experience with MojoPoly is very similar to #5719.
I bought Poly for strictly mobile use (office, outdors), mainly for streaming from Tidal/Spotify and to avoid GSM interference with Mojo when sandwiched with my mobile. I didn't really plan to use it at home, since I prefer my stationary setup there. I don't and I don't plan to use Roon, since my main reason to buy Poly was to use it on the go.
MojoPoly works just fine on BT, however SQ on BT is so bad, that if I am to go outside, frankly speaking I prefer Bose soundsport wireless, as their flaws in reproduction mask somehow the distortion BT causes on highs, and overall experience is less annoying. Funny thing is, that when I connect my mobile to Mojo directly and play some compressed tracks from Spotify, they sound a whole lot better, than if I play the same tracks from Tidal over Poly in BT mode. Which seems to be obvious, but still...
At home it works very well, as long as I use my mobile phone's hotspot. Which is ridiculous. In spite of many approaches, I was not able to make it connect to my home wifi, except for one single time when it worked - just outside of the box. Software update comes to my mind as the reason, but I cannot verify this. I entered my home wifi details more than 20 times, with no success. But I know it worked and it works for many people, so I cannot exclude the possibility that my router does not like Poly for some reason (in spite of it being totally capable of connecting witch 12 other devices in my home network, including wireless printer, couple of iPods, iphone, bunch of android devices and couple of laptops). Just don't know what to do with it. And I'm not that motivated to find out, because I want to use MojpPoly elsewhere, and I don't have appropriate wifi at work. Maybe if I bought a mobile GSM hotspot dedicated for MojoPoly only, or decided to switch to offline music only, my life would be easier, but I prefer to adjust my hardware to my ideas rather than being forced to do what I don't like for the sake of following the fashion (or whatever).
Anyway I don't like BubbleUPnP as a player, as its approach to tracks and playlists is far from what I 'm used to in Tidal/Spotify, or USB Audio Player Pro. That being said, when I'm at home I prefer to stream from my home wifi, not from GSM, since it's a bit faster and more stable, so the truth is, that if I ever use Mojo at home, I use it wired and I put Poly in the drawer.
As for DSD and AIFF playback, it is doable, and I used MPD app for this. Still, configuration is a pain in the neck (I needed to enter Poly's IP manually every time I started MPDroid), and for some reason battery life drops dramatically when I do so ( I suspect the reason might be that DSD files are just sent back and forward, from Poly's SD card as media server to my mobile phone, and then back to Poly as a renderer), so I just let it go. Please mind, that Mojo easily plays both DSD and AIFF when wired, and I can use the same app for all possible sources and formats.
I wrote a short review of Poly on Chord's site, mentioning all the inconveniences I encountered. Guess whether it was published :>
I am very happy with Mojo's SQ, but it is useless for me on the go when streaming, as GSM glitches destroy the pleasure. I had hoped that Poly would sort it out for me, but it seems I was too optimistic. My expectations for GoFigure are so high now, but I fear I will be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong.

Jan 12, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #5,755 of 18,780
This is such a active thread that i havent been able to follow much. Any official news on the Poly boot up problem with older Mojos? Is it firmware fixable, or is there going to be a hardware fix on Poly? and how long when the new Polys will be available? I hope i don't have to buy a now Mojo :/

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #5,756 of 18,780
This is such a active thread that i havent been able to follow much. Any official news on the Poly boot up problem with older Mojos? Is it firmware fixable, or is there going to be a hardware fix on Poly? and how long when the new Polys will be available? I hope i don't have to buy a now Mojo :/

Looks like it will be a hardware fix involving swapping out Poly for a newer unit designed to detect the older Mojos in a slightly different way (detecting a presence of current from the Mojo rather than a minimun voltage).

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #5,757 of 18,780
A happy camper here... No problems with my 2 use cases...
1. On the go connected in hybrid hotspot (access point) mode to my iPhone 6 plus (iOS 11.2.5 4th beta) streaming Flac and DSD files off the Poly's mSD card with the latest Glider beta, controlling the music on my Apple Watch.

2. At home on the home network, streaming Flac and DSD files off my home Synology NAS and Poly's mSD card, in MPD (network mode)
Last night I left my phone in the bedroom to charge with Glider open. Walked around the house doing chores with the MojoPoly roaming between wireless routers and controlling the music and levels with my Apple Watch.
The only time I hear a tiny click in the music is when the MojoPoly switches connection to the routers... one in the living room and one in the master bedroom...
Poly starts ups within 15 seconds after powering up Mojo... ^_^

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #5,758 of 18,780
Question: using pin to go to Access Point, the Chord page no longer shows up on iPhone after clicking on Poly network.

At the same time, it does show up on MacBook Pro.

This may be immaterial once Chord app is finished but does anyone have idea why?

It used to and there’s no update or change to iPhone since.

OT: Glider continues to work nicely. Updates are working as advertised.

Jan 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #5,759 of 18,780
Question: using pin to go to Access Point, the Chord page no longer shows up on iPhone after clicking on Poly network.

At the same time, it does show up on MacBook Pro.

This may be immaterial once Chord app is finished but does anyone have idea why?

It used to and there’s no update or change to iPhone since.

OT: Glider continues to work nicely. Updates are working as advertised.

When choosing wi-fi, instead of click the Poly SSID, click the "i" icon on the right side, then in the page, make sure the "auto logging" is checked.

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #5,760 of 18,780
This is where Poly stands for me right now, I turn it on, occasionally Poly turns on too, but sometimes I ahem to cycle it on off or just pull it off the Mojo and put it back on a couple times. After that, the blue flashing light happens, (searching for wifi signal). At that point I can not connect it to my iPhone via Wifi or iPhone hotspot, but can reliably connect it to the iPhone via BT. That works well, but I can not access the SD card which has all my hi res music (a major reason I bought this). If I use the SIM pin to go to Access Point mode, that works also occasionally and other times it just shuts right off and no P status lights occur, then I have to do all the cycling on and off etc. When I do get it successfully into access point mode, (green then blue lights flashing) I can connect via the poly wifi signal, but of course I can no longer get internet access. I have tried to get the iPhone hotspot to work (yes I have gone tot eh wifi settings of Poly and put in my SSID and password for the hotspot but still no luck).

So, I wanted something convenient and easy to use portably that would give me great sound. The latter is true but easy it is not. Whether it is due to some compatibility issues, bugs in the machine or other, OI am not sure, but boy is it frustrating. I don't want to return this but if it takes me 15 minuted to get it working each time, it is just not worth it. People talk about the Go-Figure app as it would be a savior and I hope they re right. One very big mistake Chord made was to not have this ready when Poly was released as this is not a very user friendly device and anything art would have alleviated the myriad of issues people have been documenting in the thread would have been appreciated and welcome.

I hope we can figure out a way to make this work. Maybe it's just that I have figured out the magic touch to get it all in working order. I ahem read most of this thread and other sites and I have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back