Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 11, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #5,731 of 18,755
On Use Case 2: Way more hassle than Use Case 1. I suffer from the 'won't turn on' problem. Opening the case, breaking apart MojoPoly, and reconnecting usually does the trick, but not always. I don't really want to have to open the case each time, to be honest – don't want to wear out the lock mechanism. Having to remember the SIM pin (I'm not calling it a 'Configuration Tool', sorry!) has bitten me on the backside on more than one occasion. I have problems getting the MojoPoly to recognise my iPhone hotspot. I have problems with MojoPoly staying connected to it (typified by 8Player not moving to the next track until I've jumped back into my phone; very much looking forward to making the switch to Glider, btw – 8Player is horrible). I know I can connect to MojoPoly's own hotspot, but that means I can't use my phone, and that's not an option for me. Plus: it's a workaround, and a flawed one at that, and I shouldn't have to.

So yeah, patiently waiting. Not pro-Poly (although I'd like to be), not anti-Poly. Just waiting.

I am having the same exact issue and it is driving me nuts. It works for a while the can't be recognized at all either by bluetooth or wifi, The sound is great but if I can't use this reliably I may just return it. I am not sure what to do to get the P mode light to come on. Every once in a while I get it to flash blue (after multiple cycling of on/off,). At that point it can be recognized by bluetooth but not WIFI, I have to put it into access point mode, but lately it just doesn't want to go there and after I try using the SIM tool, it is unrecognizable again. There has to be something make sure this is more stable and usable or this is all just a bust.

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #5,732 of 18,755
That must be it. I'll try with a different browser

Yes try with a different browser or clear your browser cache. Poly can't revert back to an old version of firmware.
If you had 1.0.10 then you will still have it now. If you want to try a different check then insert a new SD card with some music
and then you should see the P status light cycle through the colours as Poly builds the music database.
This only happens on the latest firmware.

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #5,733 of 18,755
I am having the same exact issue and it is driving me nuts. It works for a while the can't be recognized at all either by bluetooth or wifi, The sound is great but if I can't use this reliably I may just return it. I am not sure what to do to get the P mode light to come on. Every once in a while I get it to flash blue (after multiple cycling of on/off,). At that point it can be recognized by bluetooth but not WIFI, I have to put it into access point mode, but lately it just doesn't want to go there and after I try using the SIM tool, it is unrecognizable again. There has to be something make sure this is more stable and usable or this is all just a bust.

There is definitely a learning curve. If it's flashing blue, then it is looking for a network. If you are trying to connect to a hotspot, I've found I need to toggle the iphone hotspot on and off, sometimes a couple times, before Poly will connect. Also verify that you are in the right mode (Roon vs Other). I just had a frustrating 5 minutes not being able to connect Glider and rebooting the phone and Poly. Finally, discovered that I was in Roon mode. GoFigure can't come soon enough!

you should reliably be able to enter access point mode by pressing in with the pin for 5 seconds. If you have headphones connected, you should hear a voice to that effect.

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #5,734 of 18,755
Yes try with a different browser or clear your browser cache. Poly can't revert back to an old version of firmware.
If you had 1.0.10 then you will still have it now. If you want to try a different check then insert a new SD card with some music
and then you should see the P status light cycle through the colours as Poly builds the music database.
This only happens on the latest firmware.

It must have been the browser as all showing at 1.0.10 on my work laptop.

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #5,735 of 18,755

Hi. Your P status light should always be on when Poly is switched on. Flashing blue sounds like Poly cannot connect to your WiFi network. Are you close to your local dealer so you can get them to give your Poly/Mojo a check over to find out what is going on.

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #5,736 of 18,755

Hi. Your P status light should always be on when Poly is switched on. Flashing blue sounds like Poly cannot connect to your WiFi network. Are you close to your local dealer so you can get them to give your Poly/Mojo a check over to find out what is going on.

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #5,737 of 18,755
I bought it from Moon Audio, so it was mail order. The P status light doesn't come on reliably even when fully charged, which it is.. When I get it to work again, I can try turning on and off the hotspot on the phone. And to answer another question, when I have tried to enter Access point mode, I have headphones on and it says "Entering access point mode" then nothing. Double frustration.

Jan 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #5,738 of 18,755
I bought it from Moon Audio, so it was mail order. The P status light doesn't come on reliably even when fully charged, which it is.. When I get it to work again, I can try turning on and off the hotspot on the phone. And to answer another question, when I have tried to enter Access point mode, I have headphones on and it says "Entering access point mode" then nothing. Double frustration.

Just checking have your tried charging Poly separately from Mojo until the white charge light goes blue? At this point plug it into Mojo and switch it on.

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #5,742 of 18,755
I have found going to iOS settings and staying on the hotspot page helps a lot

Yes as far as I was aware you can only initiate the iPhone hotspot connection when the hotspot page is open - at least that is the only way I have ever been able to tether anything to
my iPhone. I guess it is for security reasons so new devices can't connect directly to your phone without you knowing.

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #5,743 of 18,755
I have found going to iOS settings and staying on the hotspot page helps a lot
I have this issue too. I only seem to be able to connect via WiFi and then can’t use the phone at all. How do I know or see that it is connecting via the iphone’s hotspot?

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #5,744 of 18,755
Yes as far as I was aware you can only initiate the iPhone hotspot connection when the hotspot page is open - at least that is the only way I have ever been able to tether anything to
my iPhone. I guess it is for security reasons so new devices can't connect directly to your phone without you knowing.

Not entirely, as an ipad will start a iphone's hotspot from the wifi connection screen in the ipad, without ever having to open the iphone. The ipad has to have connected to the phone at least once before, though. But, this is still a good tip for connecting Poly.

I have this issue too. I only seem to be able to connect via WiFi and then can’t use the phone at all. How do I know or see that it is connecting via the iphone’s hotspot?

On the iphone, there is a blue banner that will appear at the top of the lock screen and show you that the hot spot is on and how many devices are connected.

Jan 11, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #5,745 of 18,755
this is not my experience on iPhone X. i pull down Control Center, hold down the wireless connection square, then press "Personal Hotspot" once (bottom right corner in the picture below). and then i can close Control Center and it connects fine once discoverable.
IMG_E0A39671FB58-1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back