Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 24, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #5,176 of 18,752
Try deleting and re-adding the wifi config on your phone and try again - this usually clears it up.
Thank you Matt, I checked but it is connected, I also changed to my Samsung S8, and after making sure it is connected, I opened the browser, and got the same page, is there a way of resetting the Poly, to clean the page?

Regards

Patricio

Ok. Perhaps your Poly hadn't finished updating. Switch off and then turn Poly back on. It should reconnect to your existing network so the P Status light goes a solid colour ( blue if fully charged ).
Leave it like this so it can connect back to the internet to finish the update. About 20 minutes should be ok. The switch off and switch back on and try again.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #5,178 of 18,752
FYI, the January 2018 Hi-Fi Choice magazine is out and contains a review of the Poly. While the overall review is very positive (it's worth the full read) I found one statement that hits home: "...Chord's belief that Mojo and Poly can be used as a credible alternative to a dedicated digital audio player via a wi-fi hotspot generated by Poly isn't entirely realistic."

I sincerely hope Chord can get the current issues sorted out, get the GoFigure app released SOON, and prove that review statement wrong.

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #5,179 of 18,752
@Mojo ideas , @Rob Watts , @Matt Bartlett Thanks for all you have achieved during 2017, under what were difficult circumstances.
To everyone on the Chord related threads, Bonnes Fetes.
Hugo 2 works magic on this track (I know that it is a sanitised cover, which upsets some purists), so please enjoy it in the spirit of friendship at the end of 2017.

Dec 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #5,180 of 18,752
Nice!!
B904F757-8A00-4892-AB3F-1E6CC5E47C07.jpeg

Dec 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #5,181 of 18,752
FYI, the January 2018 Hi-Fi Choice magazine is out and contains a review of the Poly. While the overall review is very positive (it's worth the full read) I found one statement that hits home: "...Chord's belief that Mojo and Poly can be used as a credible alternative to a dedicated digital audio player via a wi-fi hotspot generated by Poly isn't entirely realistic."

I sincerely hope Chord can get the current issues sorted out, get the GoFigure app released SOON, and prove that review statement wrong.

Truth is I would be happy if the thing just turned [Mod Edited] on properly!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #5,182 of 18,752
I've got a paid version of Glider and am also a beta 'tester'. I think I remember seeing a way to get around the restriction / 10-minute pause thing, but can't find it using search. Anyone?
The paid version appears to connect and do everything correctly, but I get no sound out of Moly when I'm playing a song. Weird.

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #5,184 of 18,752
Dec 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #5,186 of 18,752
All, a few questions on things I am seeing Id like verification on:

1... For those whose Polys don't boot up with mojo, is your Mojo power light red when this happens and then turns off when you disconnect/reconnect the two and poly powers on?

I did a little experimenting today without taking Poly and Mojo apart. When I power on the Mojo and the Poly fails to boot up, the Mojo power light stays on (I have seen both red and purple). The light stays on for a few minutes and then extinguishes without any indication on the Poly. Other times the Mojo powers on like normal (like it would without being connected to the Poly) where the power light cycles through the different colors and then goes out. After about 30secs/one minute the Poly powers on.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #5,187 of 18,752
I did a little experimenting today without taking Poly and Mojo apart. When I power on the Mojo and the Poly fails to boot up, the Mojo power light stays on (I have seen both red and purple). The light stays on for a few minutes and then extinguishes without any indication on the Poly. Other times the Mojo powers on like normal (like it would without being connected to the Poly) where the power light cycles through the different colors and then goes out. After about 30secs/one minute the Poly powers on.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I thought the same and watched the Mojo power light go out holding my breath Poly would turn on but no dice.

I have just gone to the break apart the two which seems to be the most consistent way of turning it on. I’m still flabbergasted we are having a discussion about how to get it to turn on.

Now the positive. Haven’t had a drop with red book and Roon in two days and SQ is excellent with my iLCD4 and if the bugs get ironed out could be very happy with this as my go to can system.

I’m not going to knock myself out with playing from SD card until goFigure and/or others get it working without issue. I’m done with the pin thing and knocking myself out

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #5,188 of 18,752
Poly config is a nightmare for me. On both iPhone and iPad.

Bluetooth: it is recognized, but won’t pair. The name that comes up in the device list is not “Poly,” but rather “VFxxxxxx.” The popup to enter “0000” never pops up. I get the “Pairing unsuccessful” popup on the phone. Have tried a couple of dozen times. No joy. Same result every time.

Wi-if: it shows up in the “choose a network” list under Settings -> WiFi. Sometimes. When you click on, a settings screen comes up, but it doesn’t stay on screen long enough to enter all the required information, before you are thrown back to the list of available networks. Sometimes the settings screen stays up for a minute, sometimes for as little as 15-20 seconds.

And no, I haven’t installed the firmware update, because you can’t get it without a Wi-Fi connection, which I can’t create.

Any suggestions?

Dec 24, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #5,190 of 18,752
I have mentioned before that Chord should at least temporarily suspend sales until the product is more reliable. In its current state, it is in beta testing and unsuitable for general distribution.

Couldn’t agree more. After posting that 2 days without a dropout with Roon listening to Messiah and nothing but dropouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back