Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 23, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #5,161 of 18,774
Dec 23, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #5,163 of 18,774
I am new for this forum and I have played Mojo since 2016. The sound performance is excellent but however the connection with iPhone has some interfence (current sound) even I had used the original Apple kits or other tailor made cables. The problem could be eliminated by switching to Airplane mode but it is not accepted as iPhone solution.

Now I have bought Poly to connect Mojo with wireless connection from iPhone X, however I still have some problems and would like the forum members to help, maybe these problems already discussed but please regret as I am new for here:

Firstly, I have updated all firmwares of iPhone X and Poly to latest one (11.2.5 and 1.0.10):

1. When I connected Bluetooth between iPgone X and Poly, the connection will be lost (see the iPhone Bluetooth connection which will change to Connected to “finding” when I played the music from iPhone (streaming app only) but the music will continue around 50 seconds then lost. After I toggle the iPhone music output from Mojo to iPhone then Mojo again, the Bluetooth connection will resume perfectly, no more music drop again.

2. When I played Poly by Wi-Fi mode, air played the music from iPhone X to Poly via home Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth, the sensitive is a little bit slow but acceptable. But it has a very big problem that when sometimes I pause the music at iPhone and then replay, the volume sound will suddenly increase to MAXIMUM, then re-pause and re-ply several times, the situation will resume. Note that all indications including volume control in iPhone and Mojo/Poly are normal.

Anyone can help me as I really love the Mojo sound performance but these two problems are very annoying to me, thanks.

Dec 24, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #5,164 of 18,774
I am new for this forum and I have played Mojo since 2016. The sound performance is excellent but however the connection with iPhone has some interfence (current sound) even I had used the original Apple kits or other tailor made cables. The problem could be eliminated by switching to Airplane mode but it is not accepted as iPhone solution.

Now I have bought Poly to connect Mojo with wireless connection from iPhone X, however I still have some problems and would like the forum members to help, maybe these problems already discussed but please regret as I am new for here:

Firstly, I have updated all firmwares of iPhone X and Poly to latest one (11.2.5 and 1.0.10):

1. When I connected Bluetooth between iPgone X and Poly, the connection will be lost (see the iPhone Bluetooth connection which will change to Connected to “finding” when I played the music from iPhone (streaming app only) but the music will continue around 50 seconds then lost. After I toggle the iPhone music output from Mojo to iPhone then Mojo again, the Bluetooth connection will resume perfectly, no more music drop again.

2. When I played Poly by Wi-Fi mode, air played the music from iPhone X to Poly via home Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth, the sensitive is a little bit slow but acceptable. But it has a very big problem that when sometimes I pause the music at iPhone and then replay, the volume sound will suddenly increase to MAXIMUM, then re-pause and re-ply several times, the situation will resume. Note that all indications including volume control in iPhone and Mojo/Poly are normal.

Anyone can help me as I really love the Mojo sound performance but these two problems are very annoying to me, thanks.

Hi @zeisschan, I'm assuming you want the best solution for mobile on the go use.
I find the best way to operate the MojoPoly is with the hybrid hotspot mode... which is putting the Poly in access point / hotspot mode and use iPhone to connect to the Poly with a manual IP instead of automatic IP.
There is a video tutorial from Jeremy here:

Then use the Glider app to stream from the Poly's SD card to the iPhone in DLNA mode. It's more stable than using bluetooth or airplay mode.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #5,165 of 18,774
Just got back home from a business trip. After upgrading my Poly to the latest firmware BubbleUPnP no longer sees the Poly on my home network. I guess I´m experiencing the issue Jeremy has been so kind as to dig into. And as previously posted my unit is still suffering from the powering on issue. So to conclude the latest update didn´t solve the only problem I had with Poly but added a new one. This is starting to get a little frustrating now.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #5,166 of 18,774

I have reported this issue months ago already and nothing is being done with it. So I guess it's a "feature" which we will have to live with. I was able to replicate this with both replacement units that I got.

So the "solution" would be to keep as much distance between the Poly+Mojo and the iPhone.

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #5,167 of 18,774
I have reported this issue months ago already and nothing is being done with it. So I guess it's a "feature" which we will have to live with. I was able to replicate this with both replacement units that I got.

So the "solution" would be to keep as much distance between the Poly+Mojo and the iPhone.

My eardrums almost burst due to the same issue once. There is a very easy solution- I never listen, let alone put my earphones/headphones on without having a sound limit set through Mojo.

This way, volume can not go over a predefined bearable threshold!!

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #5,168 of 18,774

Thanks and I have just reset all connections and then reconnected but both problems are still there. And I am not alone.

Anyway, it may be the interface issues between AirPlay/Bluetooth and Poly, and we hope Chord to think about how to resolve it or anyone knows the solution.

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #5,169 of 18,774
My eardrums almost burst due to the same issue once. There is a very easy solution- I never listen, let alone put my earphones/headphones on without having a sound limit set through Mojo.

This way, volume can not go over a predefined bearable threshold!!

If this is the solution, I think it is not required to play mojo/poly with iPhone more.

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #5,170 of 18,774
You don't appear to be connected to Poly's internal WiFi - at least I can't see the WiFi icon showing at the top of your iPod page.
The page your are seeing is a old cached version of the Poly config page because it isn't connected to Poly to get the correct page.
Check your WiFi connection to make sure you are connected to the Poly WiFi.
Thank you Matt, I checked but it is connected, I also changed to my Samsung S8, and after making sure it is connected, I opened the browser, and got the same page, is there a way of resetting the Poly, to clean the page?

Regards

Patricio

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #5,172 of 18,774
All, a few questions on things I am seeing Id like verification on:

1... For those whose Polys don't boot up with mojo, is your Mojo power light red when this happens and then turns off when you disconnect/reconnect the two and poly powers on?
2... Anyone reset their Glider app after successfully connecting with Poly firmware 1.0.10 and see no album art? (I deleted the database files on the SD card and its fixed, but not sure if it'll go away again)

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #5,173 of 18,774
All, a few questions on things I am seeing Id like verification on:

1... For those whose Polys don't boot up with mojo, is your Mojo power light red when this happens and then turns off when you disconnect/reconnect the two and poly powers on?
2... Anyone reset their Glider app after successfully connecting with Poly firmware 1.0.10 and see no album art? (I deleted the database files on the SD card and its fixed, but not sure if it'll go away again)

Re #1, I already started listening this morning, and started with the jump start. But, IIRC, the power light was purple and stayed on when it wouldn’t start. Will check next time.

Also, FWIW, I tried starting Mojo with lights full power and reduced output, where I usually keep them. I thought that might cause a difference, but apparently not.

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #5,174 of 18,774
Yes it all works. Check you don't have another DLNA app playing or Airplay running before trying to play through MPDluxe. From your description it seems that something else is using Poly so MPD can't connect. If in doubt switch off Poly and then switch back on
to clear any existing connections and then try using MPDluxe again.

Thanks, I got it working! Enjoy your time off I hope you are taking from this forum and work.

Dec 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #5,175 of 18,774
Christmas Eve day/night (depending where you are) is upon us! Visions of sugar plums and GoFigure apps* will be dancing in my head tonight.

(*) - Christmas Wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back