Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 20, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #2,297 of 18,757
I trust Chord a lot more than crowd funding

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #2,298 of 18,757
I was one of the lucky beta testers and enjoy my Mojo/Poly for almost two month now. I guess it's time to come out and share impressions :)
Exiting news, can't wait to try the new features.
I will try to upload some pics of Bubbleupnp as App on my Android phone.
It works great in my home network and on the go. Streaming Tidal is as easy as it gets.
My review will still take a while since I was bound to a hospital bed the last weeks, but as a little sneak peak I can tell you that the convinience of using this 'Headless DAP` can not be valued enough.
I can understand that John was a little irritated by the one reviewer who would prefer a screen. Not only would it make Poly more expansive, I guess it would have made it a lot harder to achieve the impeccable EMI/RFI protection that Poly has to offer. I have not had one issue with EMI/RFI whatsoever. You can already tell I'm sold and I think most of you will be after testing this little marvel :wink:

Cheers

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #2,299 of 18,757
I was one of the lucky beta testers and enjoy my Mojo/Poly for almost two month now. I guess it's time to come out and share impressions :)
It works great in my home network and on the go. Streaming Tidal is as easy as it gets.
My review will still take a while since I was bound to a hospital bed the last weeks, but as a little sneak peak I can tell you that the convinience of using this 'Headless DAP` can not be valued enough.
I can understand that John was a little irritated by the one reviewer who would prefer a screen. Not only would it make Poly more expansive, I guess it would have made it a lot harder to achieve the impeccable EMI/RFI protection that Poly has to offer. I have not had one issue with EMI/RFI whatsoever. You can already tell I'm sold and I think most of you will be after testing this little marvel :wink:

Cheers

Mine is charging as we speak!

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #2,300 of 18,757
Mine is charging as we speak!

Same!!!

EDIT: interestingly enough, the light is no longer white but green+blue- it seems to be in access point mode as I can see a Poly wifi??? Poly has only been on the charger for 3:30
EDIT 2: upon unplugging and plugging again, charging light returns to white (already had to do this 1 hour ago)

@Mojo ideas any clue what's going on?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #2,301 of 18,757

Cheers

I assume that's live streaming, not offline files via the Tidal App itself. Does it send to Poly over wifi effectively bitperfect?

May still get a Poly but just splashed out on a Sony ZX300 (and 4.4mm Balanced Kimber cable) this month.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,302 of 18,757
Yes I've been live streaming Tidal and controlled SD playback via Bubbleupnp on Android. As long as you pump up the volume to max on the App you're using it should be bit perfect.

@NYanakiev
It's spelled out in the manual. You need to connect to the Poly wifi choose playback mode and assign it to your network.

Cheers

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #2,303 of 18,757
@NYanakiev
Is there one light illuminated or both?
If it's just the one saying M.status it means Mojo is loading, but not Poly

Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #2,304 of 18,757
Yes I've been live streaming Tidal and controlled SD playback via Bubbleupnp on Android. As long as you pump up the volume to max on the App you're using it should be bit perfect.

@NYanakiev
It's spelled out in the manual. You need to connect to the Poly wifi choose playback mode and assign it to your network.

Cheers

SO to clarify, not via the Tidal App, only via Bubble so therefore not offline stored files within Tidal.

If out & about with Mojopoly & phone and listening to Tidal it would constantly be pulling Tidal tracks over 4G using phones data allowance.

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #2,305 of 18,757
SO to clarify, not via the Tidal App, only via Bubble so therefore not offline stored files within Tidal.

If out & about with Mojopoly & phone and listening to Tidal it would constantly be pulling Tidal tracks over 4G using phones data allowance.

This is due to Tidal policy to controle the place where you can save the offline files.
On Apple Airplay should be a workaround. On Android it may be a little more difficult, especially if you don't want to root your phone. I can't advise on an app to do this on Android. The endpoint feature for Tidal and Spotify is quite new. I will try to find a workaround for Android, this weekend

John explained this also, a few pages back.

Cheers

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #2,306 of 18,757
@NYanakiev
Is there one light illuminated or both?
If it's just the one saying M.status it means Mojo is loading, but not Poly

Cheers

Only P- the light is blue for a few seconds followed by green.

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #2,307 of 18,757
Downloaded the Chord Electronics android app. Couldn't find one called Gofigure - well, not for electronics purposes anyway.
Nice to get 4 month free trial with Roon too - haven't used it before so will be interested to see how good it is. $119 per annum not cheap.
Still unsure if micro-sd cards need formatting.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,308 of 18,757
Only P- the light is blue for a few seconds followed by green.

Its not the green blinking (I guess 3 times) right after you power it up? This indicates Poly checking the micro SD.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #2,309 of 18,757
i cant get mine to connect to my network, odd I def have the correct networking, it doesn't always save either, it reboots, but flashes blue/green again, also if i put in a different network that does not exist it has saved it!!, bit not one that exists

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #2,310 of 18,757
Its not the green blinking (I guess 3 times) right after you power it up? This indicates Poly checking the micro SD.

No...green once followed by blue once and green and blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back