Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 20, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #2,282 of 18,757
I’ve heard nothing from Peter Tyson about shipping etc.

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #2,283 of 18,757
3 comments:
- Some of the consumers on this thread possess an unfounded sense of entitlement and seem somewhat petty.
- John as a proprietor and businessman would likely benefit from taking the high road. I am not sure engaging and sometimes belittling reviewers and/or consumers in public is good for the Chord brand. I don't think it's about who is right or wrong and winning arguments because ultimately risking the brand image (which John is intrinsically tied to) is just bad business. Perhaps try not to take these attacks personally (I know tough because as an entrepreneur, one's heart and soul are invested with the company and products).
- Chord Mojo is the best portable audio gear I own and so excited about the Poly with or without apps/cases

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #2,284 of 18,757
arrived :)

upload_2017-10-20_11-15-9.png

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #2,285 of 18,757
[/QUOTE]
I’m sorry I’m not to good at loading images I hope I haven’t messed up too badly
These are the cases we’ve commissioned from Van Nuys they are not available yet and the will be more expensive that the hard case types we’ve been selling for months we hope to have these in about Ten weeks depending on the guys in Tokyo of course.
Reconcerning the two additional features not mentioned they were that poly can now act as an end point for Tidal and Spotify that means poly can connect directly the additional feature that I had mentioned are control via blue tooth through the new chord Gofigure application as well as having WiFi and Poly now having its own WiFi hot spot mode so you can now use either your phone hot spot or Poly’s own. I’d hoped that that would have been made clear yesterday at the event but with so much other information going out some stuff just slipped by. You may also have seen the Poly /Mojo gift case which also contains a part loaded with Done Chesky music Files 100 gigabyte SD card and a leather hard case too. My idea is that this can be a turn Key selection Box Set for our event and going forward for the Christmas and Chinese New Year markets we are currently advising our distributors of availability but it’s down to there decision if they want to take them. They will be available for many markets though I’m sure. As a general comment to those particular guys on this thread. I have always tried to give you all clear and honest information at the time I receive it myself. I have never attempted to withold anything. I believe firmly in honesty as a designer and product supplier and I believe also in being prompt giving out info. I would ask that some of you that seem to wish just to antagonise just for the sake of it to try to avoid doing this. as it just annoys me to the point of giving up on the thread. These comments are not for all here though.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #2,288 of 18,757
I have the new Note 8 with Apple music on it. How can I stream the music on it to Poly? Don't really want to use Bluetooth if I can avoid it.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #2,289 of 18,757
John Franks, how secure is the connection between Mojo and Poly without a case? Is the case only for cosmetic protection or is it necessary if the combo were to be used as a standalone mobile DAP might be, e.g. stuffed in a bag or pocket.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #2,290 of 18,757
Yes it does! But there is one caviat that tidal music is of course encrypted and they can control where it is stored by the Tidal app and we do not have access to this. Note Tidal does not allow for music to be stored on external storage devices but it’ll allow music to be streamed over to Poly from your phone. at present

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #2,291 of 18,757
John Franks, how secure is the connection between Mojo and Poly without a case? Is the case only for cosmetic protection or is it necessary if the combo were to be used as a standalone mobile DAP might be, e.g. stuffed in a bag or pocket.

Thanks
It is a firm and secure protected connection that can withstand ten thousand Make and pull apart reconnection without failure. however if you slip the two items into a back pocket of your trousers and sit down severely bending the item, they may possibly come apart as you’d expect. But in a jacket pocket or bag they should be fine. So the case is a good idea if going mobile but around the home or office it’s not really needed.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #2,294 of 18,757
Yes you can use Apple Air play.

John, He is using the Apple Music app on an Android device so he can not use AirPlay. Whatever the Android equivalent of AirPlay would be is what I suspect @beemarman wants (I don't use Android so I have no idea if such a thing exists).

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #2,295 of 18,757
I think the issues we are hearing here have everything to do with lack of transparency about what we're actually getting for our $600 good faith pre-purchase with Chord, and when we'll get it.

The folks who have preordered have taken a non-trivial leap of faith with a non-trivial amount of their money. Granted, Chord has made some fantastic products, but for this particular group of first-adopters I think consternation is well warranted for the price and lack of clarity.

Clearly the folks who preordered respect Chord, or we would not have done so.
We also need to be acknowledged that we have taken a certain risk with our money and there are certainly real issues and questions we have asked in this thread which have not been cleared up, even on launch day.

For myself, my questions regarding the mobile experience were completely ignored both here and in DMs:

As a portable DAC with a new portable source accessory I expected these on-the-go questions to be cleared up today with an announcement, shipping app and videos... None of which have happened.
It sounds like Chord is in Apple jail with the app... which is certainly no guarantee that it'll make it to market. Current App Store review times run a day and we were told Chord had months of extra time to have this stuff done
http://appreviewtimes.com/?apppush

There seems to be a non-trivial amount of pain involved in getting to the fantastic sound we all know Mojo delivers on the go with this new transport.
There has been a lack of transparency about what we can expect, and when we can expect it... with a lot of hyperbole about how amazing this thing will be.

Each distributor should have been told what their shipped allotments already is, and they should have been able to send emails out to the customers stating that their pre-order was to be shipped and when it would ship. Nothing like this has happened

For example, what are those amazing surprise features? Dunno.

a non-trivial post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back