Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 16, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #14,941 of 18,786
^sorry i meant the gofigure app itself cannot find the poly so i really cant tinker with the settings.. or hopefully i might just have jumped the gun and did not read the manual, when operating it, i just turn on the mojo/poly and fire up the gofigure app? or is there another way to connect to the poly? thanks in advance appreciate the fast replies :)

edit: tried the manual configuration and it was finally seen again by the gofigure app, i wonder if i'm doing something wrong why its a hit and miss when connecting to the poly?
Many of us have got caught out from time to time, and the root cause is often that the Poly and phone are searching using different network protocols (eg one is searching via wifi, and the other via bluetooth), and so they never connect to each other.
Often all that is needed is to cycle through the GoFigure options, until both Poly and the phone are using the same protocols, and connection is very quick.

Feb 16, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #14,942 of 18,786
^thanks sir, hopefully that is the case, will focus on tinkering that part...i dont mind troubleshooting but its hard to troubleshoot when I cant even connect hehe.. it sounds great when it works though. One thing i noticed though is that when via poly hotspot and its connected, while at the wifi settings of the phone, after clicking it, it throws me back to a poly settings page with all the settings similar to that found on the gofigure app.. not sure if that helps but i figured i will mention it... many thanks again

Feb 16, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #14,943 of 18,786
Yes, you are correct that troubleshooting is difficult, when you can't connect.
I think it is an 'in joke' on this thread, that Poly has her quirks, and sometimes refuses to cooperate, for no apparent reason.
It happens to us all now and again - and the best solution is often to walk away and make a cup of coffee, and then return and try again. Amazingly Poly then usually behaves - maybe that simple pause allows the network settings to be refreshed, or a software cache to be refreshed, allowing everything to now work correctly.
I mainly just use poly to play playlists off the SD card, which keeps the communication simple, so I am not an expert with using Poly hotspot.
Maybe one of the other owners can provide some suggestions regarding hotspots.

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #14,945 of 18,786
I’d also like to hear more about why/how poly is used in hot spot mode.

i use Poly Hot spot mode when the host device is wifi only. when i connect to a device with cellular data i remain in regular network mode and ride the cellular hotspot. Regular network mode also suits me around the house(Roon Mode here)

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #14,946 of 18,786
I checked out GoFigure recently. (Am still trying to talk myself occasionally into buying a Poly.) However on an Android store GoFigure had a very low rating. Am hoping it will get better soon. It's good however to hear that some users are happy with it.

GoFigure works fine for me on Android and iOS. I would love it if it connected to the poly instantaneously but it's not so slow. I wouldn't let GoFigure hold you back from getting a poly.

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #14,947 of 18,786
I checked out GoFigure recently. (Am still trying to talk myself occasionally into buying a Poly.) However on an Android store GoFigure had a very low rating. Am hoping it will get better soon. It's good however to hear that some users are happy with it.
A lot of the reviews may have been for earlier versions.

Once you have it setup it is almost a seamless experience. I now only need to use my MPD or BubblePNP app of choice, although there were a few teething problems.

MojoPoly is still my weapon of choice and is used daily without any issues

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #14,948 of 18,786
GoFigure works great for me on iOS (both iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPad 11 Pro)

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #14,949 of 18,786
just curious, i have the gofigure on iphone and configured my poly there, but can i also use an android phone and have it connect to the poly? not really to use it at the same time, but on those times i will use my android phone more, i wonder if this is possible... i asked it here first before doing it since my mojo-poly seems to have "behaved" itself now and i can use it majority of the time... Also surprised the bluetooth sounds very good, i was not expecting it to be this good considering its not even apt-x.

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #14,950 of 18,786
just curious, i have the gofigure on iphone and configured my poly there, but can i also use an android phone and have it connect to the poly? not really to use it at the same time, but on those times i will use my android phone more, i wonder if this is possible... i asked it here first before doing it since my mojo-poly seems to have "behaved" itself now and i can use it majority of the time... Also surprised the bluetooth sounds very good, i was not expecting it to be this good considering its not even apt-x.
Yes the phone acts like a remote control and you can have as many as you want.

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #14,951 of 18,786
A lot of the reviews may have been for earlier versions.

Once you have it setup it is almost a seamless experience. I now only need to use my MPD or BubblePNP app of choice, although there were a few teething problems.

MojoPoly is still my weapon of choice and is used daily without any issues

It was quite recently I was looking, like maybe two months ago at most, and the reviews were dated recently. I think Chord are working on Poly full time though.

It is good to hear from users that GoFigure is OK now.

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #14,952 of 18,786
It was quite recently I was looking, like maybe two months ago at most, and the reviews were dated recently. I think Chord are working on Poly full time though.

It is good to hear from users that GoFigure is OK now.

The primary use of GoFigure is to set up Poly (once or occasionally) and to switch modes as daily use cases change (Roon, DLNA, Poly hotspot). Using GoFigure to play MPD playlists was a later addition, but probably not going to provide most users with the best customer experience. For that you need the smartphone and app of your choice (glider, mconnect, etc.). With that, Poly is a 5-star device for sound quality and flexibility, but still a 3.5 star device for hardware interface (but that’s up significantly with the latest firmware update). Overall, it still my go-to daily portable listening system.

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #14,954 of 18,786
Yes, you are correct that troubleshooting is difficult, when you can't connect.
I think it is an 'in joke' on this thread, that Poly has her quirks, and sometimes refuses to cooperate, for no apparent reason.
It happens to us all now and again - and the best solution is often to walk away and make a cup of coffee, and then return and try again. Amazingly Poly then usually behaves - maybe that simple pause allows the network settings to be refreshed, or a software cache to be refreshed, allowing everything to now work correctly.
I mainly just use poly to play playlists off the SD card, which keeps the communication simple, so I am not an expert with using Poly hotspot.
Maybe one of the other owners can provide some suggestions regarding hotspots.

What?..........................''I think it is an 'in joke' on this thread, that Poly has her quirks, and sometimes refuses to cooperate, for no apparent reason.''

What you meant to say, surely is, it doesn't work properly!

I really get annoyed when I see poor equipment excused like this, especially given the price of it. I say this, not as a nasty troll but as someone who wants to add a poly to my mojo but every once in a while I come on this thread and see the same old problems, month after month, year after year. I really like chord stuff but this is simply not good enough!

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #14,955 of 18,786
All,

I was attempting to upgrade the poly(1.43) firmware to 2.0 but cannot. The status lights blink blue-green-red and I'm not sure what that means.

Navigating in MALP is slow so I think it could be a bad disk or indexing run amuck.

How do I reset my Poly? or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back