Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #14,912 of 18,752
I would also agree - you can look forward to both and for me definitely an increase in SQ compared to just using the Mojo.
Unlike the early days, the product works flawlessly these days too and has transformed my listening. Although I have files on my SD card I tend to be using a combo of Roon and Tidal for ease and convenience.

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #14,913 of 18,752
Update:

I went to the local chord dealer in Malaysia (shout out to Stars Picker Audio Cafe) and the assistant thoroughly examined the unit. My Poly’s LED came alive started charging again!
It was weird but what we discovered was that some 2A chargers and micro usb cables don’t work, and some others do. Weirdly enough, we don’t get the same problem with the Mojo. For some weird reason my Poly unit is rather picky with its charging source.
An additional tip to all other Poly users for future reference - perhaps the support team can include this as a diagnostic step!
Thank you Matt and Ed for all your assistance.

Hi @pwncake Possibly the issue might be down to the type of charger being used. Some of the 'smart' chargers are set to switch off if it looks like the connected product has finished charging - it's an environmental thing to stop chargers sitting around consuming energy when they are not charging anything. Now Poly requires much less current to charge than Mojo so it's just possible that the charger did not detect Poly was connected and did not charge correctly. Anyway it is something we will check out.

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #14,915 of 18,752
Hi @pwncake Possibly the issue might be down to the type of charger being used. Some of the 'smart' chargers are set to switch off if it looks like the connected product has finished charging - it's an environmental thing to stop chargers sitting around consuming energy when they are not charging anything. Now Poly requires much less current to charge than Mojo so it's just possible that the charger did not detect Poly was connected and did not charge correctly. Anyway it is something we will check out.
@pwncake I think I remember that there have been occasional posts on the various Chord threads regarding those smart chargers.
They have caught a few owners out, by switching off when the dac/streamer enters trickle charge mode.
I can also visualise that they could cause problems when one needs to 'condition' a depleted Mojo battery. The initial very slow trickle charge, could result in the charger switching off, and the owner wondering why their battery never seems to charge.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #14,916 of 18,752
am i supposed to get full bit rate playback from qobuz embedded in mconnect on my galaxy not 10, as on on files that are 192 bits, i still get a red light on my mojo steaming over wifi

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #14,917 of 18,752
am i supposed to get full bit rate playback from qobuz embedded in mconnect on my galaxy not 10, as on on files that are 192 bits, i still get a red light on my mojo steaming over wifi

Check the settings tab in the Qobuz browser option in mconnect. The streaming quality for mobile and WiFi networks can be set to MP3/CD/Hires. Make sure WiFi is set to Hires so you can transmit the full 192Khz to Mojo.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #14,918 of 18,752
@Matt, any plans to make a 2yu-like device for Poly?

Feb 13, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #14,920 of 18,752
Is poly the best transport for mojo for soundquality and does the android apps work aswell as the iphones go figure app for playing music from your sd card. Cuz that will be my primary use.

Short answer: yes

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #14,922 of 18,752
Is poly the best transport for mojo for soundquality and does the android apps work aswell as the iphones go figure app for playing music from your sd card. Cuz that will be my primary use.
Gofigure ain't a music playing app, (or at least not in any sort of practical user friendly fashion unless you're extremely happy working solely with MPD playlists) - it just looks after Poly settings.

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #14,923 of 18,752
Gofigure ain't a music playing app, (or at least not in any sort of practical user friendly fashion unless you're extremely happy working solely with MPD playlists) - it just looks after Poly settings.
GoFigure IS a music playing app (QuickPlay), just with a very basic functionality. What it delivers is making Mojo sound its absolute best (Airplane mode)

Yes, it is cumbersome to create / update those playlists, no album art, no seek function, but for me the stellar SQ is worth it. I’ve been using it almost daily with IEMs and as AUX input for my car or any type of speakers.

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #14,925 of 18,752
About to buy this one, just to clarify, so it still has no spotify connect and google cast? But since i have an iphone i can use airplay? Thanks in advance :)

Yup. Do buy it though, it’s awesome.
Having a blast with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back