Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 20, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #14,657 of 18,779
The poly can create a hotspot that your phone can join so you can access the music files or you can make mpd playlists on the Poly sd card and access the playlists in the Gofigure app under quick play using Bluetooth

What if I want to listen to my SD card content while using internet on-the-go with my Android phone? Can't, because connecting to the Poly's hotspot drops the internet signal.

I think Chord is leaning on that on an Apple device you can bypass this issue with a settings trick. It's lazy. Even then, you need a third-party app just to hit play on your SD card content. Do things right.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #14,660 of 18,779
What if I'm on the go and want to use wifi public?
Your poly or phone can act as a hotspot and you can play music via the sd card.
But you can’t mix that in with using public Wi-fi to stream music to poly i think

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #14,661 of 18,779
Dec 20, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #14,662 of 18,779
Hybrid mode did not work on Android when I explored this. Has it changed? There are wifi features not enabled to allow Android phones to fail over to mobile data. Why not? There was a post almost two years ago which informed the mode chord was to enable to make this work on Android. I gave up on using the poly Hotspot for outside usage and hope to have internet.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #14,663 of 18,779
Of iPhone users most interested in SD card playback, is there a majority agreement on which app is best for poly?

iOS update to 13.3

Mconnect? Glider?

Thanks.
Mconnect is my goto.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #14,664 of 18,779
Hybrid mode did not work on Android when I explored this. Has it changed? There are wifi features not enabled to allow Android phones to fail over to mobile data. Why not? There was a post almost two years ago which informed the mode chord was to enable to make this work on Android. I gave up on using the poly Hotspot for outside usage and hope to have internet.
I didn’t realize there was no android equivalent. So you use your phone hot spot? As far as I know that wouldn’t consume any data accessing the poly SD

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #14,666 of 18,779
I didn’t realize there was no android equivalent. So you use your phone hot spot? As far as I know that wouldn’t consume any data accessing the poly SD

Yes I use my phone as the Hotspot but find the battery burn is big. Don't know why Chord can't fix this as the Samsung galaxy supports the same fail over to mobile data that Apple has but apparently there is a requirement for the poly to let Android that it can be preempted for internet access. CHORD PLEASE SUPPORT THIS ON ANDROID! Those of us who waited almost 1.5 years to get a basic working build deserve it! What a mess this has been.

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #14,667 of 18,779
Yes I use my phone as the Hotspot but find the battery burn is big. Don't know why Chord can't fix this as the Samsung galaxy supports the same fail over to mobile data that Apple has but apparently there is a requirement for the poly to let Android that it can be preempted for internet access. CHORD PLEASE SUPPORT THIS ON ANDROID! Those of us who waited almost 1.5 years to get a basic working build deserve it! What a mess this has been.

If they didn't think such simplicity up by now... They won't fix it.

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #14,669 of 18,779
I have been playing music on the Poly for two hours now and controlling it remotely via Rigelian to verify it hasn’t become “stuck” as it used to (burning in my new CA Solaris special edition)
Everything is now seamless with no freezing/Poly dropping off the network as was the case way too often. Playing for two hours straight with no issues was unimaginable a year ago.

I am glad that this ended up being a good purchase in the end :)

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #14,670 of 18,779
I'm glad that for some users at least the story ended up with an happy end.
In my case, after a complete impossibility to make the Poly working on the very first day, and after a confirmation from a CHord technician that the unit was probably faulty, I returned it to my dealer.
When I was expecting a simple and fast exchange of the complete pack (Poly+MOjo), I finally understood that only the Poly has been returned to the distributor in France (Hamy Sound to name it).
After almost one month of waiting, I was expecting the return of the unit and I learnt that the distributor (Hamy Sound again!) finally decided to return the Poly to Chord.
Hearing that, I decided to cancel my order and ask my dealer for refund, which he accepted.
Bye bye Poly, Bye Bye Mojo, and bye bye Chord, and surely no more Hamy Sound again.

I will use my AR-M2 which sounds marvelously good but without the opportunity to compare it to the Poly/Mojo.
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back