Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 19, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #14,641 of 18,821
Making sure multi disc compilations are properly tagged, organized and displayed is something Roon does well. that was one of the first things I noticed while taking advantage of the 60 day trial provided with my Poly purchase

Absolutely but that's like virtual tagging. I was hugely relieved to find that my historic 'basic' tagging practices seem to help it along greatly, particularly this multi-disc grouping (which I have just checked works great in all of the major MPD controllers including Quick Play, MPDplayer, mconnect, Rigelian, Glider and many more).

Dec 19, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #14,642 of 18,821
Absolutely but that's like virtual tagging. I was hugely relieved to find that my historic 'basic' tagging practices seem to help it along greatly, particularly this multi-disc grouping (which I have just checked works great in all of the major MPD controllers including Quick Play, MPDplayer, mconnect, Rigelian, Glider and many more).

you would think by now a universal tagging scheme would emerge helping eliminate a nagging issue that really shouldn't be an issue

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #14,643 of 18,821
Sorry yes I forgot to reply about the album artwork. By default Poly prioritises audio over album artwork so normally we only present low resolution images to the music player to keep the WiFi traffic to a minimum and allow maximum bandwidth for the music playback - especially important with DSD and super high res files. Some music player apps will either extract the higher resolution artwork from each of the albums stored or they will use their own online artwork database to display a higher resolution copy.

As for the other issue with track sorting then I haven't seen this with M Connect. Can you give me an example album(s) that you have an issue with and we will give it a go here (assuming we have the same album in our archive of music).

Any updates on upgrading the MPD version to 0.21 ? I know you had said previously that there were problems with doing the upgrade but it would certainly help improve album art support

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #14,646 of 18,821
0.20.x, not sure which minor version

(My original post had the the wrong version. I edited to 0.21 instead of 2.1)

I'm afraid I don't have an update at the moment. I know we tested with the latest MPD version but it broke compatibility and caused other issues
so we rolled back to previous more stable version.

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #14,647 of 18,821
Sorry yes I forgot to reply about the album artwork. By default Poly prioritises audio over album artwork so normally we only present low resolution images to the music player to keep the WiFi traffic to a minimum and allow maximum bandwidth for the music playback - especially important with DSD and super high res files. Some music player apps will either extract the higher resolution artwork from each of the albums stored or they will use their own online artwork database to display a higher resolution copy.

As for the other issue with track sorting then I haven't seen this with M Connect. Can you give me an example album(s) that you have an issue with and we will give it a go here (assuming we have the same album in our archive of music).

Thanks for filling me in regarding the art - though I'm not sure how the resolution of art transmitted via wifi would affect the bandwidth of files being played from the SD Card. Is the SD controller chip tied to wifi? That might explain it. Perhaps, in a future release we could have an option to increase the 160x160 thumbnails to, say, 500x500.

Most of my albums are soundtracks, so I'm not sure how many of them you will have. But the three worst offenders I have are:

The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the 6-disc set.

Thank you very much for your continued assistance.

Just a thought. With a 2-disc album I have disc and track numbering like this:
1 1 Track1
1 2 Track2
1 3 Track3
:
2 4 Track1
2 5 Track2

If you have
1 1 Track1
1 2 Track2
1 3 Track
:
2 1 Track1
2 2 Track2
then perhaps Bubble Smart sort does not handle it so well.

The tracks are actually labeled:

[Track Name] + [Metadata indicating track #] + [Metadata indicating disc #] + [Metadata indicating total # of discs]

I think it is also important to make sure that the metadata fields are properly filled in for 'totaldiscs' too. So make sure it is flagged "1 of 2", "2 of 2" etc.

It might be useful if you posted a screenshot of one track in your tagging software of choice and showed us what you've got.

Here is a screenshot via Foobar2000. I've since transitioned to Roon, but Foobar still provides an easy way to see metadata.

upload_2019-12-20_1-9-28.png

Dec 20, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #14,648 of 18,821
Thanks for filling me in regarding the art - though I'm not sure how the resolution of art transmitted via wifi would affect the bandwidth of files being played from the SD Card. Is the SD controller chip tied to wifi? That might explain it. Perhaps, in a future release we could have an option to increase the 160x160 thumbnails to, say, 500x500.

Most of my albums are soundtracks, so I'm not sure how many of them you will have. But the three worst offenders I have are:

The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the 6-disc set.

Thank you very much for your continued assistance.

The tracks are actually labeled:

[Track Name] + [Metadata indicating track #] + [Metadata indicating disc #] + [Metadata indicating total # of discs]

Here is a screenshot via Foobar2000. I've since transitioned to Roon, but Foobar still provides an easy way to see metadata.

Thanks for the album info. I'm not sure we have these in our collection but I will take a look,

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #14,649 of 18,821
Is there an “approved” app that I can buy that 100% works with the Poly using DLNA?

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #14,651 of 18,821
Is there a way I can use poly and SD card without using wifi or dlna on my phone?
Like can I just connect my phone to poly via Bluetooth and control SD playback that way?

Would be nice. Chord should have this as a function in GoFigure. I'm not a coder, but how hard can it be?

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #14,652 of 18,821
Is there a way I can use poly and SD card without using wifi or dlna on my phone?
Like can I just connect my phone to poly via Bluetooth and control SD playback that way?

Frank (or whatever his name is) promised this feature, but he did not deliver it.

Dec 20, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #14,654 of 18,821
The poly can create a hotspot that your phone can join so you can access the music files or you can make mpd playlists on the Poly sd card and access the playlists in the Gofigure app under quick play using Bluetooth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back