Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 21, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #14,686 of 18,757
No, she hasn’t turned it on for over a month.

I have to let the battery run down to get it to respond again. It’s on but no blinking for WiFi, SD card or Go Figure recognition.

I wondered if it needs to be plugged into charger when not in use? Or disconnected from Mojo?
I think plugging Mojopoly into charger 24/7 when not in use, will mean that one is maintaining the Mojo battery at near top voltage permanently, with the same risk of causing premature battery issues, so I would not recommend that strategy.

Disconnected from Mojo - possibly.
For context, my Mojopoly had been working as expected for a few weeks, then a few weeks ago when i went on evening walks, I experience some crackling at the start of playlists, and then the Poly would just shut down after approximately 20 minutes. I had been putting the Mojopoly on charge for an hour or so, after each evening walk.
The first thing I tested was playing the playlist tracks from my PC hard drive, and I could also hear crackling on the same tracks, so I believe that the crackling was inherent in the ripped tracks.
But why should Poly repeatedly shut down after 20 minutes? At the moment I am thinking that the issue is either some fault with the Poly, or hopefully I am in the less serious scenario that the Poly battery has reached near empty status, and I am recharging it just enough for the next days 20 minutes only. The Mojo status has always been blue or green status, so I don't think the Mojo battery has any issues.
To test solutions, I have separated the Mojopoly, and am charging both independently to fully charge the batteries, then I will reconnect Mojo and Poly, and test over christmas if they work for longer than 20 minutes.
So today I am open minded that it may be good practice to occasionally separate the Mojopoly, and charge both Mojo and Poly independently, to ensure full batteries.
I would be disappointed if it proved necessary to separate the Mojopoly on a daily basis, because of the hassle and wear and tear on the case and usb sockets, but maybe once a week would be bearable.

Maybe this scenario is something that @Peter Hyatt would be interested in also testing over christmas?

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #14,688 of 18,757
I've discovered that I now need to charge my Poly and Mojo separately to get them both fully charged reliably. I used to be able to plug a single cable into the Poly while it was attached to the Mojo. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Not sure why...
I have same issue.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #14,689 of 18,757
Another quick report on my experience using the Poly- that I hadn't touched for a few weeks due to being busy with Cayin's N6ii.
I found out that Rigelian also works in mobile hotspot mode, which is great. However, I mostly used MConnect Pro as I wanted to test SD card playback and Tidal without having to switch between apps.

Everything was very smooth- I only had one small issue in two hours of listening. Having a few other apps open in the background wasn't an issue and the same goes for minimising Rigelian/MConnect.
Some pretty good improvements in usability I'd say!

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #14,691 of 18,757
Hi All, I don’t seem to be able to find any other reference to it, but I’m having some trouble with the internet radio feature of the poly. Well, in the Gofigure app really. The app comes ready loaded with some BBC internet radio station names and streaming URLs, which work well, but aren’t really my kind of thing. There are fields for adding your own internet radio stations, and an ‘add station’ button, but when I try to select those fields - station name and streaming URL to be associated with each name - neither my iPhone nor my iPad allow me to enter any text. However, the ‘add station’ button does work, but of course just returns an error because I haven’t been able to input any information into the station name field.

Has anyone else come across this, as I’m wondering if its just me and my fingers? The user manual for the Gofigure app doesn’t seem to have been updated to include the changes in the firmware 2.04, and so doesn’t mention the internet radio functionality at all. If anyone knows of a workaround, or indeed if there is a fix coming, I’d be very happy to hear about it.

Cheers, Bob
I tried so many urls and couldn't get any to save. I gave up through frustration

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #14,692 of 18,757
Prosím, kde si mohu koupit novou baterii pro Poly. Vypadá to jako zbytečné, pošlete jej do služby.
Takovou banalitu mohu udělat sám. Děkuji ti za tvou radu

I know people have bought replacement Mojo batteries and changed it themselves. I imagine that Poly has a different battery because it is smaller than Mojo.

You could ask a local distributor if they can get a battery.

Does anyone else know if Poly batteries can be bought online?

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #14,693 of 18,757
I know people have bought replacement Mojo batteries and changed it themselves. I imagine that Poly has a different battery because it is smaller than Mojo.

You could ask a local distributor if they can get a battery.

Does anyone else know if Poly batteries can be bought online?
I remember one or two posts about opening Poly, in order to disconnect the battery, in order to do a fast reboot.
However cannot remember many posts about DIY battery replacements.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-142#post-13764189

Email support@chordelectronics.co.uk in case they can suggest more recent information where the batteries could be ordered.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #14,694 of 18,757
I’ve been using Rigelian for a few months now and really like it and the UI. The developer is responsive to suggested improvements (I’ve messaged him a few times and he always replies). Rigelian is my app of choice these days.

Rigelian is the real deal. Poly is works flawlessly with it.

Another vote for Rigelian from me. Rock solid.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #14,695 of 18,757
Yes I use my phone as the Hotspot but find the battery burn is big. Don't know why Chord can't fix this as the Samsung galaxy supports the same fail over to mobile data that Apple has but apparently there is a requirement for the poly to let Android that it can be preempted for internet access. CHORD PLEASE SUPPORT THIS ON ANDROID! Those of us who waited almost 1.5 years to get a basic working build deserve it! What a mess this has been.

Coincidentally this is something we have been testing recently so the Android smart network switching will be available very soon for the Android devices that support it.

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #14,696 of 18,757
I remember one or two posts about opening Poly, in order to disconnect the battery, in order to do a fast reboot.
However cannot remember many posts about DIY battery replacements.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-142#post-13764189

Email support@chordelectronics.co.uk in case they can suggest more recent information where the batteries could be ordered.

Lol, a few pages further on from your poly link, October 2017 pre Poly's release and What Hifi gave poly a magical match made in heaven 5 star review LMAO.

I can remember when I got my poly back then, in the cold it wouldn't boot up until it defrosted, no gui, a pin to change modes and no gofigure app and it was basically useless for another 18 months or so, but whathifi.com gave it a 5 star review before it was even released. Lol.

I'm not taking the piss out of Chord with this post, nope, this post is solely aimed at whathifi.com, as it's so obvious that it's a fake review.

I couldn't help but post when I saw that review, although I will say that poly has come along away since 2017, but it just shows you how biased/corrupt whathifi are and how nobody should take their reviews seriously. I would be embarrassed to win/buy one of their awards.

19 Oct 2017.

6922456F-1B1C-408C-95DD-784C9F103F1C.png

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #14,698 of 18,757
Lol, a few pages further on from your poly link, October 2017 pre Poly's release and What Hifi gave poly a magical match made in heaven 5 star review LMAO.

I can remember when I got my poly back then, in the cold it wouldn't boot up until it defrosted, no gui, a pin to change modes and no gofigure app and it was basically useless for another 18 months or so, but whathifi.com gave it a 5 star review before it was even released. Lol.

I'm not taking the piss out of Chord with this post, nope, this post is solely aimed at whathifi.com, as it's so obvious that it's a fake review.

I couldn't help but post when I saw that review, although I will say that poly has come along away since 2017, but it just shows you how biased/corrupt whathifi are and how nobody should take their reviews seriously. I would be embarrassed to win/buy one of their awards.

19 Oct 2017.

Virtually all of early poly reviews were glowing. Including head fi. Jude called it world changing. Really disappoints that the high end review community is soo off the mark. Makes one wonder about the ethics or testing standards used. Very sad.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #14,699 of 18,757

19 Oct 2017.

LMAO - is there a dedicated emoji for this? Perhaps you could design one?

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #14,700 of 18,757
Does anyone know how to login to a wifi network with iphone/poly when there is a splashscreen presented by the wifi network that does not appear on the GoFigure app ? Thanks in advance !
Hopefully someone will reply soon.
I don't know, but have you checked the streamer FAQ on the ChordElectronics website?
Maybe it doesn't contain the specific solution, but it is a useful resource to check, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back