Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 4, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #2,119 of 18,801
Im hoping one of those hidden features is support for a bluetooth remote... ala 31GHrfFigKL.jpg

Oct 5, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #2,120 of 18,801
Replacing the battery should be easy. Its not soldered, and uses a 2 pin header to connect to the Mojo board. With proper grounding etc along with replacement glue/padding it should be easy.

00058055_01.jpg

Jeremy, I have been using Dapper for the FiiO X7 for the past year to sync my iTunes library to SD card on X7. For the Poly, would you also Use Dapper and how would it work?

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #2,122 of 18,801
Is it possible to use Bluetooth headphones with the poly? I can't really see how it could, but would be great if it could?! Obviously it wouldn't use the amp part of the mojo if at all possible

I would personally find it disappointing if using Poly with Bluetooth headphones is not possible.

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #2,123 of 18,801
Yes, Mojos battery is replaceable.

Authorised Chord dealers can assist customers in obtaining the battery (it is not a standard generic cell, but one especially developed for Mojo)

As you know, Mojo itself is not unique in using a lithium battery - my Samsung SG2 smartphone battery is failing me, at the moment, and I'm sourcing a replacement. There are numerous DAPs on the market with lithium batteries not really intended for easy replacement at home. I had to find and solder a Sony smartphone battery to replace the failed cell in my old Cowon J3, for example:

www.head-fi.org/threads/cowon-j3-impressions-thread.484334/page-209#post-11206193

It's just the way current consumer devices are made and powered these days. Yes, they use lithium batteries which can sometimes fail, and yes they are sometimes awkward to replace, but almost no consumer portable device is 100% immune from this. At least Chord have made a commitment to customers that they will make replacement cells available, via their authorised dealer network, which is a lot more than some companies who seem to like to duck the issue.

In the very unlikely event that anyone here has any difficulty in obtaining a replacement lithium battery, via Chord's authorised dealer network, for their Mojo, Hugo, or Poly, I will be surprised but nonetheless happy to assist in liasing with Chord Electronics, if you drop me a PM.

The most likely scenario is that your device will need to be returned to a service center - not just because some soldering may be required (preferably with anti-static precautions during the procedure), but also because sending individual lithium cells contravenes postal regulations in many countries, these days.

I previously posted about a Mojo battery issue. In fact I tried an overnight charge when I got back from holiday and it seemed to hold OK. it may have been the plugs or sockets I used on holiday that were a problem.

That said I did enquire about a replacement from Chord and they said £70/£80 (service centre). I had also asked the supplying dealer they said the battery would be £46.99 posted and I could fit it myself yet my local dealer has been told £105 (dealer fit).

I think Chord need to get their act together on this. Batteries will inevitably start to fail and it could affect Poly sales if it proves to be expensive and/or inconvenient. How about some definitive info on the website including videos for DIY replacement?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #2,124 of 18,801
Is it possible to use Bluetooth headphones with the poly? I can't really see how it could, but would be great if it could?! Obviously it wouldn't use the amp part of the mojo if at all possible
I would personally find it disappointing if using Poly with Bluetooth headphones is not possible.

Just curious why you’d want to. Bluetooth headphones would completely bypass the Mojo and the Poly would just be used as access to the mSD card with Bluetooth (if it were at all possible). The Bluetooth signal is a digital signal that goes to the headphone’s receiver negating the use for the Mojo entirely. To me it would make sense just to use your phone for Bluetooth headphones because all the audio processing (DAC/amp) is done in the Bluetooth headphones.

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #2,126 of 18,801
Just curious why you’d want to. Bluetooth headphones would completely bypass the Mojo and the Poly would just be used as access to the mSD card with Bluetooth (if it were at all possible). The Bluetooth signal is a digital signal that goes to the headphone’s receiver negating the use for the Mojo entirely. To me it would make sense just to use your phone for Bluetooth headphones because all the audio processing (DAC/amp) is done in the Bluetooth headphones.

Why not make Poly as versatile as possible? I do own Mojo too but being able to use Poly as transport for when using Mojo+Poly is not practically possible (due to space constraints, for example) would mean that I can take my entire music library with me.

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #2,127 of 18,801
I previously posted about a Mojo battery issue. In fact I tried an overnight charge when I got back from holiday and it seemed to hold OK. it may have been the plugs or sockets I used on holiday that were a problem.

That said I did enquire about a replacement from Chord and they said £70/£80 (service centre). I had also asked the supplying dealer they said the battery would be £46.99 posted and I could fit it myself yet my local dealer has been told £105 (dealer fit).

I think Chord need to get their act together on this. Batteries will inevitably start to fail and it could affect Poly sales if it proves to be expensive and/or inconvenient. How about some definitive info on the website including videos for DIY replacement?
Quick update. The local dealer (Nottingham Hifi) have very helpfuliy clarified that the cost of the battery from Chord is £45 and they would fit it FOC. Can't say fairer than that. On that basis I don't see the battery costs as such a big issue but Chord need to get the info out there.

Oct 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #2,129 of 18,801
Today I had the pleasure of trying Poly in Barcelona.

They had four units and only one worked. I tried it with LCD-2 and sound was pretty great, almost the same as non wireless.

I also tried Hugo 2. Left me impressed. Much more realism than with Mojo.

Oct 6, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #2,130 of 18,801
Today I had the pleasure of trying Poly in Barcelona.

They had four units and only one worked. I tried it with LCD-2 and sound was pretty great, almost the same as non wireless.

I also tried Hugo 2. Left me impressed. Much more realism than with Mojo.
It seems to me that who ever was demonstrating them to you needs a little more training as I'm sure they would all work perfectly if set up correctly and just note that Mojo has five hundred times the digital processing that other mobile Dacs have. Also with fifty top audio awards to its credit I think we should be sure that Mojo's sonic performance is very real in it own right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back