Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 16, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #13,081 of 18,757
I had the same problem with my Pixel 2/ Android 9. I had no connection to delete under the paired devices section and deleting the Bluetooth cache failed to resolve the problem. I wasn't too worried about it, as I updated to 2.0 using my iPad/ iOS and that worked perfectly. Just checked my Pixel 2 / Go Figure app, and the problem is still there.
Having the same problems here with Pixel 2Xl on Beta Q.
I am able to connect with M.A.L.P and BubbleUPNP but for whatever reason GoFigure just will not connect. The Poly is detected but it will just not go any further in connecting.

I have 3 other devices 2 that will connect all on different version of Android. OnePlus 3 on Android 8, OnePlus 1 on Android 9 will connect and the Onkyo DP-X1 will not connect this is running Android 5.1

I guess it's the mish-mash of Android that doesn't help

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #13,082 of 18,757
Having the same problems here with Pixel 2Xl on Beta Q.
I am able to connect with M.A.L.P and BubbleUPNP but for whatever reason GoFigure just will not connect. The Poly is detected but it will just not go any further in connecting.

I have 3 other devices 2 that will connect all on different version of Android. OnePlus 3 on Android 8, OnePlus 1 on Android 9 will connect and the Onkyo DP-X1 will not connect this is running Android 5.1

I guess it's the mish-mash of Android that doesn't help

Yes this is one of our biggest problems. It seems to be almost random the way that Android is implemented on different devices. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and from model to model. It has been and still is one of the most challenging issues for us to support Android products. Still we will soldier on and keep working at it.

P.S @masterpfa Android 5.1 does not have the ability to run Gofigure.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #13,083 of 18,757
I have try some webflux in Gofigure :

The solution is:
1. Install chrome on your android system.
2. start the web radio with : https://440hz.radio/webplayer/index.php# in chrome
3. Share in chrome with BubbleUpnp .

Here you could find infos and a list of worldwide cd quality web radio.
https://www.hiresaudio.online/cd-quality-internet-radio/
Streaming for free in Flac with Chrome and Bubbleupnp, how much streamer can do that?

Great find, learning more about BubbleUPNP by the day

Many thanks, streaming klasu.flac as we speak, Classical in 16/44.1 and works with any Android browser I have found, just bookmarking a few, although BubbleUPNP will save these as playlist for listening at another time.

:L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000:

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #13,084 of 18,757
Apr 16, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #13,085 of 18,757
Thanks. Yes a small update to Android Gofigure today to fix the internet radio delete bug. Still working on the other feedback/bugs we received.
SO it wasn't just me :smile:

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #13,086 of 18,757
Maybe I‘m completely ignorant, I don‘t know... I don‘t know much about Poly yet, but am actually thinking about buying a Mojo...

Can someone please explain me (I‘m not joking) what Poly does that e.g. an ipod touch attached to Mojo with e.g. velcro tape couldn‘t do? Or a cheap android device? At least they would have a display for a direct control, which I guess would improve the usability... At 1/3 of the costs of Poly... without any sound quality impact...

Am I missing an important point?
No I wouldn't say you are missing a point, but it will depend on your own use case, music collection, preferred source and operating system.

I personally prefer the "One Unit" aspect which Mojo/Poly within a case and cord free to my phone or DAP.
I tend not to have my phone right next to my Poly so have not experienced or noticed any interference, with my Poly being in a different pocket or bag to my phone.
I have a few Android devices and have about 300Gb of music in all formats on my SD card inserted in the Poly, these play flawlessly via M.A.L.P
If I choose to play from Tidal or Qobuz there are choices such as BubbleUPNP or Mconnect to play from these services

I prefer the 'less in the chain' aspect of the Poly whereas with my phones/DAP's I had to use either USB C to Micro USB connectors or USB micro to USB micro, that plus the possibility of damaging the USB connector on the Mojo (which over time I had to have this replaced)

The Poly also has ROON connectivity, this I haven't tried since the update.

You may tend to hear more from people who have had a problem or two rather than those who have not.
If you are happy with connecting your phone as it there is nothing wrong continuing along Mojo only path.

Depending on where you live there may be a dealer that will facilitate a trial in-store or something similar.

Personally I haven't regretted making the move, but your experience may vary (I did have some hiccups along the way but with the help of the community and the Chord support team, got through)

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #13,087 of 18,757
Yes this is one of our biggest problems. It seems to be almost random the way that Android is implemented on different devices. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and from model to model. It has been and still is one of the most challenging issues for us to support Android products. Still we will soldier on and keep working at it.

P.S @masterpfa Android 5.1 does not have the ability to run Gofigure.

I would probably say that Beta Q has a modified Bluetooth stack. Matt you do a great job getting GoFigure to work on so many Release Candidate software but trying to get it to work on beta stuff like Q is terribly hard work, especially as the Bluetooth stack could change again prior to launch. Crazy. You all do a great job.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #13,088 of 18,757
No I wouldn't say you are missing a point, but it will depend on your own use case, music collection, preferred source and operating system.

I personally prefer the "One Unit" aspect which Mojo/Poly within a case and cord free to my phone or DAP.
I tend not to have my phone right next to my Poly so have not experienced or noticed any interference, with my Poly being in a different pocket or bag to my phone.
I have a few Android devices and have about 300Gb of music in all formats on my SD card inserted in the Poly, these play flawlessly via M.A.L.P
If I choose to play from Tidal or Qobuz there are choices such as BubbleUPNP or Mconnect to play from these services

I prefer the 'less in the chain' aspect of the Poly whereas with my phones/DAP's I had to use either USB C to Micro USB connectors or USB micro to USB micro, that plus the possibility of damaging the USB connector on the Mojo (which over time I had to have this replaced)

The Poly also has ROON connectivity, this I haven't tried since the update.

You may tend to hear more from people who have had a problem or two rather than those who have not.
If you are happy with connecting your phone as it there is nothing wrong continuing along Mojo only path.

Depending on where you live there may be a dealer that will facilitate a trial in-store or something similar.

Personally I haven't regretted making the move, but your experience may vary (I did have some hiccups along the way but with the help of the community and the Chord support team, got through)

Ok, makes sense... However, my idea was more, not just to connect a phone, but really permanently connect a dedicated ios/android DAP to mojo using velcro tape. I‘m actually doing this right now with my ipod touch and a DRF, was thinking about replacing the DRF with mojo. Ipod touch is really tiny, just a little larger than mojo, very thin, not much of a weight neither, would stack with mojo perfectly, supports all streaming platforms and dlna, costs just 200 usd/euro.... I guess if you need to use an sd-card, a cheap small android could do the same... I just don‘t really see the advantage of a poly, not even in a form factor, and poly adds actually more weight than an ipod touch... Ok, it‘s really more convenient being able to load both mojo/poly simultaneously with just 1 cable, but having a display with touch control at 1/3 of the price easily outweighs it in my case...

Well, that makes the decision an easy one for me, I‘ll probably just buy a mojo and forget about poly completely...

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #13,089 of 18,757
Ok, makes sense... However, my idea was more, not just to connect a phone, but really permanently connect a dedicated ios/android DAP to mojo using velcro tape. I‘m actually doing this right now with my ipod touch and a DRF, was thinking about replacing the DRF with mojo. Ipod touch is really tiny, just a little larger than mojo, very thin, not much of a weight neither, would stack with mojo perfectly, supports all streaming platforms and dlna, costs just 200 usd/euro.... I guess if you need to use an sd-card, a cheap small android could do the same... I just don‘t really see the advantage of a poly, not even in a form factor, and poly adds actually more weight than an ipod touch... Ok, it‘s really more convenient being able to load both mojo/poly simultaneously with just 1 cable, but having a display with touch control at 1/3 of the price easily outweighs it in my case...

Well, that makes the decision an easy one for me, I‘ll probably just buy a mojo and forget about poly completely...

The Poly comes into it's own (or it did for me) when you have nearly 400GB of lossless FLAC and DSD files. If you are just using mp3 or Apple's equivalent (that can fit on 128Gb of storage), then you are probably right, Poly probably has no advantage in that scenario.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #13,090 of 18,757
Will Poly support the newly released 1TB sized MicroSD card?

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #13,091 of 18,757
The Poly comes into it's own (or it did for me) when you have nearly 400GB of lossless FLAC and DSD files. If you are just using mp3 or Apple's equivalent (that can fit on 128Gb of storage), then you are probably right, Poly probably has no advantage in that scenario.

Right, but I also mentioned that you could use a cheap small android phone for this as well just as a DAP with an SD-card. Or, in my case, I have everything on my network drive and stream via dlna anyway...

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #13,092 of 18,757
Right, but I also mentioned that you could use a cheap small android phone for this as well just as a DAP with an SD-card. Or, in my case, I have everything on my network drive and stream via dlna anyway...

You could indeed but then it comes down to from factor again. For me Poly/Mojo is a more elegant solution. Although when I fly I use my phone wired to Mojo to play locally stored Tidal content, so I guess I use both solutions.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #13,094 of 18,757
I'm on iOS, and struggling somewhat with the radio player. For example, I want to add TalkSport (don't judge me!), which is here - https://talksport.com/radioplayer/live/index.html?interstitial=true - except that it leads to a menu screen. So is there a technique for adding new stations to the player?

The FAQs just say "paste the Internet Radio Station’s URL into the Station URL field", but it seems that it's not as simple as that?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #13,095 of 18,757
You could indeed but then it comes down to from factor again. For me Poly/Mojo is a more elegant solution. Although when I fly I use my phone wired to Mojo to play locally stored Tidal content, so I guess I use both solutions.

Sure, I see. My use case is only using it indoors at home. I cannot do any critical listening on a move anyway, and my pair of wireless Momentums is absolutely adequate in this scenario.

Ok, anyway thanks to everyone who replied, I now see that I‘m not really missing on any killer feature and don‘t need to spend the cash :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back