Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #12,766 of 18,828
After 4 hours of re-powering Poly and watching it cycling through red blue and green, I finally decided to give a go to hacker's manoeuvre of powering it on WITH SD card inside.
It worker.
Now it's solid yellow.
Wish me luck :wink:
Funny how you can't follow the manual to make it work...
Update.
I needed to unpair it. Then, to connect it again I needed to enter... 16 zeros as a pin.
I'm on 2.0. Update took 2 or 3 minutes at max.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #12,767 of 18,828
Thanks Matt. I have a Sony Xperia Z3. I just tried the app again from Play store. It still can't locate Poly.
It isn't a big problem as I know the phone won't last forever, it was important to understand where I stood with the firmware Cheers

Thanks for letting me know. That's a shame we have a couple of Xperia's in the office and they are working well - I guess they are newer models though.
Just out of curiosity I guess you tried the switch at the bottom of the connection page to switch between normal and alternate connection mode?

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #12,769 of 18,828
Thanks Matt, mine is still cycling until this morning, but not any yellow light appear. No sd, charger connected, fiber and 5 cms only from poly to the wifi box. Perhaps I will have a good news tomorrow morning. I will leave it connected all the night.

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #12,770 of 18,828
Yikes! What a nightmare firmware upgrade experience. Even by following instructions some folks get stuck. Funny I did not wait for the yellow light to switch to white, just power cycled and everything worked within 5 min.
Airplane Mode toggle bug is gone. Playlists are loading fast and reliably. Thanks Chord.

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #12,771 of 18,828
After 4 hours of re-powering Poly and watching it cycling through red blue and green, I finally decided to give a go to hacker's manoeuvre of powering it on WITH SD card inside.
It worker.
Now it's solid yellow.
Wish me luck :wink:
Funny how you can't follow the manual to make it work...
Update.
I needed to unpair it. Then, to connect it again I needed to enter... 16 zeros as a pin.
I'm on 2.0. Update took 2 or 3 minutes at max.

How long did it take with the SD card inserted to go yellow?

Apr 9, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #12,773 of 18,828
How long did it take with the SD card inserted to go yellow?

I kept it on with card inside for maybe 5-6 minutes. I took the card out, after maybe 30 seconds it went yellow. 2 or 3 minutes later light went white. I powered it off, then on, and it went stable blue almost at once. Then I needed to re-pait it and that was it.

Edit: And now...
Screenshot_2019-04-09-22-46-59.png

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #12,774 of 18,828
I kept it on with card inside for maybe 5-6 minutes. I took the card out, after maybe 30 seconds it went yellow. 2 or 3 minutes later light went white. I powered it off, then on, and it went stable blue almost at once. Then I needed to re-pait it and that was it.

Edit: And now...

LOL, just tried the same and I now have a yellow light! Happy days! What a great community we have here, thanks so much! :thumbsup:

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #12,775 of 18,828
Can I ask, what firmware are both of you using ?

I'm on 1.37 xxxxxxxx something, could you list what firmware you are on, is it tidal, qobuz, spotify etc that your streaming from and if not what file types are you playing and what program or app are you playing it from.

Cuz this 96khz bug is big, all over the net and it's affecting both my cca's.

Some songs will play, but they will drop out and back in, some lots of times, others not so much if at all.

Firmware 1.37.146679

I have used both Tidal and Qobuz to cast

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #12,776 of 18,828
LOL, just tried the same and I now have a yellow light! Happy days! What a great community we have here, thanks so much! :thumbsup:

Just be wary of the following

When the P status light is cycling through the colours Poly is trying to download the update file from the server.
When the download has completed you will see a yellow P status light and Poly will begin to reprogram.
Do not switch off or remove the charger when the light is yellow. When the programming is finished the P status light will either switch off or go back to white showing it is charging. You can then reboot and use Poly normally.

If you have difficulty with the update please contact our support email ( support@chordelectronics.co.uk ) and we will help you.

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #12,779 of 18,828
Thanks for letting me know. That's a shame we have a couple of Xperia's in the office and they are working well - I guess they are newer models though.
Just out of curiosity I guess you tried the switch at the bottom of the connection page to switch between normal and alternate connection mode?

I did, though as I'm abroad Poly hasn't attempted the firmware update. I don't know if that would make it possible for the phone to connect. I'll try when I get home next week

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #12,780 of 18,828
Firmware 1.37.146679

I have used both Tidal and Qobuz to cast

Cheers for the info, I will check mine to see if it's the same, probably since it's 1.37, as mine were new a few weeks ago and the stock FW was 1.36 something, then it auto updated.

I was wondering, do you have guest mode turned off and full dynamic range turned on ? I'm using a mini toslink cable into TT2 and another CCA connected to H2, also via mini toslink.

Are you also using a mini toslink cable to connect your CCA to whatever device that you are plugging it into ?

It could be a problem with just using the toslink cable, maybe using the standard cable works ok ?

I would love to figure this out, as I'm stuck at 48khz on both.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back