Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #11,101 of 18,814
Thanks!

If I understand you correctly, Glider does currently provide this feature. If you navigate to the Glider settings and disable the 'Consolidate Outputs' option, then you should see three outputs for your Poly in the output selector: one for UPnP, another for MPD, and another for AirPlay (under '... More Devices').

This is actually an issue with the Poly firmware changing the unique identifier of the media server over time, but we put in a workaround fix for this back in March of this year. If you're still seeing duplicate entries after a delete and re-install of Glider from the App Store then please let me know.

The problem here is that the Poly's UPnP media server does not currently support AIFF files, but the MPD server does (though without any metadata).

It probably does Joe, it’s more likely a 1D10T error on my part. Glider gets updated frequently, and at times I don’t notice new changes for ages afterwards. Usually I just start glider, find a song and push play. I only go into the settings when I have a problem, then I see new stuff that was added months ago. like that consolidated outputs addition, which I only saw for the first time on saturday night,

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #11,102 of 18,814
I only go into the settings when I have a problem, then I see new stuff that was added months ago. like that consolidated outputs addition, which I only saw for the first time on saturday night

To be fair, that option is only a couple of weeks old :)

Prior versions of the app implemented the 'consolidate outputs' feature, but without any way of turning it off.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #11,103 of 18,814

Prior versions of the app implemented the 'consolidate outputs' feature, but without any way of turning it off.

I only found it sat/sun morning. I’m not sure if glider updated itself, or if I did it manually, but I seem to remember needing to switch the night theme back on. I opened up the app and the default theme was showing instead of night. But I can’t remember exactly when that was ?

Keep up the good work Joe, as glider is the best app for Mojo & Poly by far, it’s only missing tidal intergration :)

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #11,107 of 18,814
It is designed with Poly functionality in mind. Joe is here.
Actually it is designed with Poly dysfunctionality in mind. Namely that Poly will not stream DSD from its SD card over DLNA, and does not tag DSD and MP3 files when using MPD. Glider works around this by streaming using MPD but retrieving the DLNA metadata.

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #11,108 of 18,814
Actually it is designed with Poly dysfunctionality in mind. Namely that Poly will not stream DSD from its SD card over DLNA, and does not tag DSD and MP3 files when using MPD. Glider works around this by streaming using MPD but retrieving the DLNA metadata.

thanks for disagreeing while agreeing with me

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #11,109 of 18,814

Hey Joe.

I think I found a bug that keeps crashing glider.

1, I start Glider up
2, I select library at the top left of the screen
3, I then select Folder, which shows me 2 polys, both the same name.
4, I select the top one, and this is where it messes up, if I select browse folders, it will crash and close glider.
5, Instead of selecting Browse Folders, I select Music instead, then Folders, it will take me to folders, but it will auto go back a step, where I selected Music, if I try to select Folders again, it will either do the same thing or crash Glider.

It’s possibly related to the 2 poly’s that have shown up in the list. The top Poly thats listed is the one that makes it crash, the second one doesn’t, as far as I know.

Glider is in MPD mode, when I was doing the above actions.

Not connected to the problem, I have a question regarding MPD.

I thought when MPD is being used, the volume control on phones, or ipads was all but disabled, and only mojos volume balls could control the volume ? When using MPD, Glider can turn the volume down via my phones volume buttons. 8player, Akconnect and mdpluxe cannot do that. Is Gliders MPD output the same as the other app’s “Renderer” option ?

If so, does that mean we have to keep gliders volume at it’s max to ensure the best quality of audio ?

Regarding that 2 polys crash bug, I think that may go away if I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but since it was something that was physically crashing Glider, I thought it should be brought to your attention.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #11,110 of 18,814
Hey Joe.

I think I found a bug that keeps crashing glider.

1, I start Glider up
2, I select library at the top left of the screen
3, I then select Folder, which shows me 2 polys, both the same name.
4, I select the top one, and this is where it messes up, if I select browse folders, it will crash and close glider.
5, Instead of selecting Browse Folders, I select Music instead, then Folders, it will take me to folders, but it will auto go back a step, where I selected Music, if I try to select Folders again, it will either do the same thing or crash Glider.

It’s possibly related to the 2 poly’s that have shown up in the list. The top Poly thats listed is the one that makes it crash, the second one doesn’t, as far as I know.

Here is a screenshot.

Glider is in MPD mode, when I was doing the above actions.

Not connected to the problem, I have a question regarding MPD.

I thought when MPD is being used, the volume control on phones, or ipads was all but disabled, and only mojos volume balls could control the volume ? When using MPD, Glider can turn the volume down via my phones volume buttons. 8player, Akconnect and mdpluxe cannot do that. Is Gliders MPD output the same as the other app’s “Renderer” option ?

If so, does that mean we have to keep gliders volume at it’s max to ensure the best quality of audio ?

Regarding that 2 polys crash bug, I think that may go away if I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but since it was something that was physically crashing Glider, I thought it should be brought to your attention.

Thanks
Is your issue related to Bluetooth settings? https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-577#post-14161394
If it is, maybe you are clicking on the wrong Poly, and that causes the crash.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #11,111 of 18,814
Is your issue related to Bluetooth settings? https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-577#post-14161394
If it is, maybe you are clicking on the wrong Poly, and that causes the crash.

No, it’s not related to bluetooth, I’m using poly via my local network. I never use the BT option for playback. On my Poly, BT is only used to control it.

I suspect this bug is more likely an update installation of glider gone bad. I have a feeling that if I delete glider snd reinstall it, only one Poly will be detected, it’s just that up until now, I have been too lazy to delete it and start over, even if it does only take 20 seconds :)

EDIT.

The second poly is no longer there, after I deleted Glider and reinstalled it. I could of saved myself 2 posts and an edit if I had done so earlier, but I come from the PC generation where trying to find a fix is the first option before nuking it and starting over.

Ahwell, we live and learn.

EDIT 2

I spoke too soon.

Glider showed one Poly, I clicked on it and it crashed glider. Upon restart, 2 poly’s were now showing and yet again it crashed Glider.

This now looks to be a genuine Glider bug. As it’s doing it consistently now, even with a new install of glider.

@joe28 if you need a dump, a log, wait, I should rephrase that, if you need me to send you some data from my glider version thats on my phone, to yourself, just let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #11,112 of 18,814
Glider showed one Poly, I clicked on it and it crashed glider. Upon restart, 2 poly’s were now showing and yet again it crashed Glider.

This is totally a bug introduced in Glider 2.0. Please send me a direct message with your email address so I can get you a beta version to try with a fix.

The Poly implements software volume control over MPD and DLNA for all file types other than DSD. You should keep the software volume control at the max if you want to achieve bit-perfect playback.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #11,113 of 18,814
This is totally a bug introduced in Glider 2.0. Please send me a direct message with your email address so I can get you a beta version to try with a fix.

The Poly implements software volume control over MPD and DLNA for all file types other than DSD. You should keep the software volume control at the max if you want to achieve bit-perfect playback.
Joe’s responsiveness and constant diligence is truly phenomenal. The contrast with Chord could not be more stark.

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #11,114 of 18,814

See the bit about keeping the volume at max, this feeds into my other issue.
Because, for whatever reason, the link to poly is lost, then you go to play your music then you have to mess about with what renderer to choose (iPhone or poly), then there’s a chance you coukd blast your music out over your phone speaker when I never want to do this, I only ever want to play music via poly.
Please add a feature that only allows poly to be the renderer for the audio :) or certainly prevents iPhone speaker.....

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #11,115 of 18,814
Because, for whatever reason, the link to poly is lost, then you go to play your music then you have to mess about with what renderer to choose (iPhone or poly), then there’s a chance you coukd blast your music out over your phone speaker when I never want to do this, I only ever want to play music via poly.
Please add a feature that only allows poly to be the renderer for the audio :) or certainly prevents iPhone speaker.....

Glider will never automatically select another renderer after the previously selected renderer has gone offline, so you'll have to make the conscious decision to choose your iPhone speaker if you want the sound to come out there. If you do select your iPhone speaker, the volume will automatically revert to the previously set iPhone speaker volume (not the volume you had set with your Poly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back