Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 8, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #11,011 of 18,802
This is the problem I have.... then also if you have to keep them separate to prevent power bleed, then it’s not in it’s protective case, for transport... painful.
Maybe you are always in airport mode do poly is not looking for potential WiFi bits and bobs?

I actually toggle between Roon and DLNA (using my iPhone as a hotspot). But in my experience, if Polys light is off, I haven’t seen it drain it’s own or Mojos battery.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #11,012 of 18,802
I actually toggle between Roon and DLNA (using my iPhone as a hotspot). But in my experience, if Polys light is off, I haven’t seen it drain it’s own or Mojos battery.
It actually charged and worked better today. Was still on amber at lunchtime.
I’m thinking my energy conserving wife maybe switching off the charger....,
I’ll keep an eye on it!

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #11,013 of 18,802
Well I got the beta software running and it's suuuper slow but with enough patience I finally got to the point where it told me in very clear language that there was no SD Card in there. Obviously, not the case. I checked the format and it was already ExFAT but I went ahead and did a full (not quick) format into ExFAT again and loaded a single album up. Still not recognized.

I went ahead and ordered a Samsung SD Card since I needed another one anyways. We'll see if that makes any difference.

For the record, this is a friend's Poly and it works fine with his card. I need to track down the brand he was using.

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #11,015 of 18,802
I’ve been searching this thread and on google. Can’t find any refernce to whether poly can read uhs-ii cards at full speed (2 rows on contacts), or what is the highest level card poly can read.

The 128gb card i have is very slow, and sometimes doesn’t mount. Figuredthose are two excuses to upgrade the micro sd card.

Does anyone know if poly can read 2 row uhs-ii cards? Or if uhs-1 class 10 is the max

Oct 12, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #11,016 of 18,802
does Poly support google cast yet ?

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #11,017 of 18,802
Any update on a long awaited update to GoFigure or Poly’s firmware?

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #11,019 of 18,802
Oct 14, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #11,020 of 18,802
Hi @MountainTime. We have been testing and testing this to try and repeat the problem. We just don't see the same thing. Can I throw this out to anyone else on this forum to see if they experience a problem when using Roon, the Roon remote and Poly?

When I use Roon on Android it mostly works fine until you unlock the phone. Sometimes Roon pulls through and doesn't interrupt the bitstream but mostly gaps appear that speed up until the music stops (takes about two seconds). Then you have to wait 5-10 seconds until it recognizes the end point again before you can continue where the connection broke up. I just installed a wireless access point that is only meters away from Poly. My smartphone is displaying full wifi signal everywhere I use it in that location.

edit typo.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #11,021 of 18,802
I’ve been reading about the Poly for a while as I love my Mojo with my hd650s and Etymotic 4xr iems...

But the funny thing is that a few years ago I bought Jplay software when everyone thought that was an asinine thing to do. Then Jplay made a cool app called Jstreamer I think, which was able to use BubbleUpnP and let your Android phone control a program called minim server via Jstreamer... anyway it was all very techie and while I heard major sound benefits it was too quirky and my WiFi wasn’t strong enough for Hi-Res files...

Anyway, I’m using Jplay now and can hear some slight benefits to the mono from a laptop, and assume poly would be the same or slightly better... but all this cost me less than 100 bucks.

Chord is basically charging people 750$ for a software interface that requires the use of third party apps.

Streaming is probably the way forward, but the price is too high now. No doubt they are working on the same thing for the Qutest, and how’s much will they charge for that? 3000$?

Oct 14, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #11,022 of 18,802
I’ve been reading about the Poly for a while as I love my Mojo with my hd650s and Etymotic 4xr iems...

But the funny thing is that a few years ago I bought Jplay software when everyone thought that was an asinine thing to do. Then Jplay made a cool app called Jstreamer I think, which was able to use BubbleUpnP and let your Android phone control a program called minim server via Jstreamer... anyway it was all very techie and while I heard major sound benefits it was too quirky and my WiFi wasn’t strong enough for Hi-Res files...

Anyway, I’m using Jplay now and can hear some slight benefits to the mono from a laptop, and assume poly would be the same or slightly better... but all this cost me less than 100 bucks.

Chord is basically charging people 750$ for a software interface that requires the use of third party apps.

Streaming is probably the way forward, but the price is too high now. No doubt they are working on the same thing for the Qutest, and how’s much will they charge for that? 3000$?

I wouldn’t say Chord Poly is “a software interface” but rather hardware and and software, and quite a bit sophisticated. JPlay/JStreamer does look like a very techie Roon type product. But you still have the issue that Poly solves, which is how do get the music streamed into Mojo.

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #11,023 of 18,802
The Poly is a hardware device in dire need of a software solution. The promise of the hardware is still amazing. I want it to work SO bad but the software is a hot mess (on Android at least) and I absolutely can't recommend it to anyone who isn't a fiddly techie kinda user.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #11,024 of 18,802
I wouldn’t say Chord Poly is “a software interface” but rather hardware and and software, and quite a bit sophisticated. JPlay/JStreamer does look like a very techie Roon type product. But you still have the issue that Poly solves, which is how do get the music streamed into Mojo.

I agree, but the point is that if you were using a laptop for streaming, you could achieve extremely low latency and jitter levels through USB while also using your phone/tablet as a control for very little money. The problem is that it would only be as portable as your laptop. I personally am never in a place where the wifi is strong enough to do hifi streaming except at home, office, or a university library - in all cases where I can easily have my laptop available. So the Poly is totally redundant (for me), unless it is way better than other streaming solutions. I am skeptical that it is better than streaming solutions that involve a laptop, and even if it were a bit better, I don't see the value.

We are at the point where a MOJO + POLY is around 1300$ in the US (more in most other countries except perhaps the UK) and it's not really portable. In this case, there are a lot of potential non-portable options that I believe would be as good if not better than this combo for the price.

Lastly, I would be interested to know if anyone thinks that the FIIO 7ii via optical sounds much worse than the Mojopoly? Because if it doesn't, then for the same price, you have an actual portable solution that doesn't depend on wifi or a third piece of hardware (i.e. phone as control) to run. Not only that, I'd imagine that there are DAPs that sound as good as the Mojopoly in the sub-1300$ range, though I'm not personally aware of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back