Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 26, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #10,937 of 18,821
depends on the app you are using. Spotify on the iPhone definitely changes the output volume to Mojo. Tidal does not.

I’m assuming you mean the other way around as the volume control positively has zero effect on the mojo in Spotify ( as demonstrated by the video I posted)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #10,939 of 18,821
Is that connected via bluetooth, or airplay?
Airplay from Spotify on an iPhone absolutely has an impact on the output volume of a mojopoly. Or at least, it should.

Neither. It's a mojo connected via USB to an iPhone.

I, as well as some others, have noticed that the iPhone doesn't quite have the SQ of the PC when feeding a mojo the same file using the same cables at as close to volume matching as I can. I wrote on this thread to look for clarification that using a poly would solve this issue.

Sorry for the confusion. It wasn't originally too far off topic, I think.

Sep 26, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #10,940 of 18,821

I, as well as some others, have noticed that the iPhone doesn't quite have the SQ of the PC when feeding a mojo the same file using the same cables at as close to volume matching as I can. I wrote on this thread to look for clarification that using a poly would solve this issue.

Got it. Since this is the Poly thread, I assumed you were using Poly, which should not have a difference using the same bit perfect files and protocol. Using the device connected by a cable could (should?) produce differences in SQ.

Sep 26, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #10,942 of 18,821
this is the Poly thread and I am talking about Poly functioning.

I came here to talk about poly functioning. The video was posted to clarify mojo/iphone functioning as a reference. This is how comparisons work. Reference data and clarity of communication are fundamental pillars of the scientific method.

who cares about your video.

It's obvious that you do not care but this forum exists for people other than yourself. I'm guessing you don't care about the video because it shows that you were wrong.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #10,943 of 18,821

As this is the Poly thread I presumed you were playing from the iPhone to the Poly to the Mojo.

The designer @Rob Watts has often said that the smoother sound is the more accurate one because noise from source electronics can get in to the analogue components causing noise floor modulation which ‘spices up’ the sound and is actually less accurate. He always maintains that the smoother sound is better. This is the only thing I can think of as being the difference between the iPhone->Mojo vs PC->Mojo given that many PCs are not very good at suppressing noise from the electronics. This isn’t typical noise you hear as actual noise. You may want to post your question in the actual Mojo thread.

Sep 26, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #10,944 of 18,821
Agree with that being my experience with Mojo.
A fibre connection always sounded better than the USB cable.

I assume from the posts that the question is whether Poly would eliminate these sound artefacts experienced using iPhone and USB, or would the same problem carry over airplay because the fault is with iPhone?
Being an Android user I can't say definitively yes. I can say that as long as no EQ or any other processing is being done by an app, Poly fed with a clean audio file makes Mojo sound great.
Demonstrably better than my Phone-USB-Mojo experience with pops and cracks, and certainly more listenable, and yes, smoother.
Is it better than Mojo alone via optic cable?
I can't remember as since I got Poly, I haven't tried. I am that happy with the Mojo-Poly combination.

Sep 26, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #10,945 of 18,821

My mistake, I thought you were saying that it was when streaming from different sources you were getting different sound qualities. I haven't used the mojo in that configuration for a very long time so I can't help I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back