Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 27, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #10,951 of 18,774
My usage is mainly around London, and it hasn't been so bad up to now. Still bearable, but a noticeable increase. I'm assuming it's the OS.

it's been happening to me since I got the Poly... i'll be standing there and when the subway train pulls into the station, i get the stutter and speed up. I don't think it's the OS (in my case)

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #10,952 of 18,774
A consistent problem is really bugging me.

Every few times I power up, the SD card doesn't "mount". It's really starting to piss me off.
The fix is easy: turn the poly completely off (waiting the 30 seconds it takes to turn off after powering down the Mojo), ejecting the sd card, re-inserting the SD card, powering up.

But it's freakin' annoying.

Love the sound from the SD Card.
Especially over long listening sessions using a decent pair of headphones. But the unreliability of the sd card mounting is bugging the crap out of me.

I've used quite a few different sd cards, an the problem is consistent.

The Poly is the only Chord product that really annoys me.

Wish there was a way to get that sd card mounting more reliable.

Sep 27, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #10,953 of 18,774
Is anyone else experiencing an increase in glitches (i.e. moments of silence followed by speeded up audio for a second or two) when on iPhone hotspot following update to iOS 12.0?

Few times with the iPad. But infrequent. Poly in hotspot mode streaming Tidal.

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #10,954 of 18,774
I experience the dropouts streaming Tidal over AirPlay, but never the speed ups. The real problem for me is if I lose the connection, then I frequently can get AirPlay to reconnect (or it reconnects, but doesn’t play anything). I have to restart Tidal or the Poly until it works again. At this point I usually go back to the SD card which is less frustrating.

Sep 28, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #10,955 of 18,774
A consistent problem is really bugging me.

Every few times I power up, the SD card doesn't "mount". It's really starting to piss me off.
The fix is easy: turn the poly completely off (waiting the 30 seconds it takes to turn off after powering down the Mojo), ejecting the sd card, re-inserting the SD card, powering up.

But it's freakin' annoying.

Love the sound from the SD Card.
Especially over long listening sessions using a decent pair of headphones. But the unreliability of the sd card mounting is bugging the crap out of me.

I've used quite a few different sd cards, an the problem is consistent.

The Poly is the only Chord product that really annoys me.

Wish there was a way to get that sd card mounting more reliable.
Never once had an issue with SD card not mounting. Sounds like potentially a mechanical problem with the mechanism itself? I guess you've tested alternative cards. Probably best to contact Chord direct.

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #10,957 of 18,774
how do i check polys battery-status, when poly is in hotspot-mode?
I believe it does that via Bluetooth so should work in any mode.

Sep 29, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #10,958 of 18,774
I have received a new Poly. This one is in perfect technical shape but it came with software 1.06.
Yesterday I got a few sounds out of it after succesfully connecting it to the network but after that it now only powers up showing full battery in m.status and nothing else. No blinking or solid lights in p. status. This happened after it blinked in p status while it was still connected to the network (since it was playing over network) as if it was in Bluetooth mode which it wasn't.

I can't go in WiFi settings anymore and Bluetooth doesn't work either. Is it bricked?

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #10,960 of 18,774
I have received a new Poly. This one is in perfect technical shape but it came with software 1.06.
Yesterday I got a few sounds out of it after succesfully connecting it to the network but after that it now only powers up showing full battery in m.status and nothing else. No blinking or solid lights in p. status. This happened after it blinked in p status while it was still connected to the network (since it was playing over network) as if it was in Bluetooth mode which it wasn't.

I can't go in WiFi settings anymore and Bluetooth doesn't work either. Is it bricked?
Try charging the poly separately ?

Sep 30, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #10,961 of 18,774

if you can still see the poly connected in gofigure app, try switching to hotspot mode, wait for a few seconds for gofigure to recognize your poly, then switch back to the normal network mode again.

Sep 30, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #10,962 of 18,774
In this firmware version you can't use Gofigure. It only works from 1.21. I can charge (it's full) and p. status has a solid white light. So no visibility on the network, no searching from Poly for Wi-fi, nothing connectable with bluetooth and only a single solid light in m status when I put it on. I'm still remembering this statement though.

" Part of the issue is that his Poly was running version 1.05 software, and he misunderstood the procedure to update to the current version 1.26 of the firmware. This has confused some posters, but there is a wiki, plus a large community of owners here, such as @Gr8h8m who are happy to help explain things for newbies "

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #10,964 of 18,774
Ok, this is puzzling. Now I'm in software 1.0.10.

It looks like Poly can't hop to the latest version in one go. I was hoping it would go straight to 1.26 but that doesn't seem the case, I'm just so relieved that it's back again and does seem to update now.
How many versions after 1.0.10?

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #10,965 of 18,774
Ok, this is puzzling. Now I'm in software 1.0.10.

It looks like Poly can't hop to the latest version in one go. I was hoping it would go straight to 1.26 but that doesn't seem the case, I'm just so relieved that it's back again and does seem to update now.
How many versions after 1.0.10?

I had the same process happening in the beginning. It is a few days long process. It will gradually be updating itself untill latest firmware.
Follow their website update instructions and keep checking GoFigure ver info until it’s 1.0.26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back