Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 27, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #9,738 of 18,774
I’ve also recently purchased Yate to clean up metadata ... I had tons of missing metadata including flac files purchased online and this nice piece of software fixed missing album art and metadata.

I can also recommend Cantata for creating playlists playable in GoFigure.

May 27, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #9,741 of 18,774
@DavidW, I have a feeling the IP you use in the host name/address is the one of your hotspot, not the Poly...
With the Poly connected to your phone's hotspot open GoFigure settings > click on Wifi to see the configured networks and tap the ">" sign next to your phone's hotspot name.
There you should fine the Poly's IP address assigned by the hotspot.

Similar to when connected to your home wifi network... again in the GoFigure settings click Wifi and tape the ">" next to your home SSID and you will find the Poly's IP address assigned by your home router.

MPDjs is another iOS MPD player that auto-discovers the Poly as "Music Player", it will also show you your Poly IP address.
I had connection issues with MPDluxe in the past too not realising what IP address needed to be input.

smaragd, sorry, its this message.. still learning how to quote here..:)

May 27, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #9,743 of 18,774
smaragd, sorry, its this message.. still learning how to quote here..:)
No worries, no need to be sorry, welcome to the forum and glad we could help.
There is indeed a bit of a learning curve with the Poly, but the experience is getting better and better.
Posting problems and fellow folks contributing is what makes this thread so useful.
The GoFigure app for iOS has simplified the Poly use for iDevice users quite a bit, and with the Android version in development, soon Android users will be getting a better Poly experience too.
Looking forward to further enhancements of GoFigure with even better integration...

May 27, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #9,744 of 18,774
No good. I'm using hybrid hotspot mode (also tried wifi) and I consistently can't connect. Is the port controlled by my router and if so, how do I find it?

Hello Verizon?

Hi @DavidW and @priest331,
Just another tip to help. In MPD you can use your poly name instead of the IP address. This means you don't need to change the IP address every time you change your connection to another network.
Here are my settings for MPDluxe. My poly is named MBDPoly so I just put MDBPPoly.local as the server name.

Hope that helps.

All you need to do is type polyname.local as the server name. IMG_6079.PNG

May 27, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #9,745 of 18,774
Hi @DavidW and @priest331,
Just another tip to help. In MPD you can use your poly name instead of the IP address. This means you don't need to change the IP address every time you change your connection to another network.
Here are my settings for MPDluxe. My poly is named MBDPoly so I just put MDBPPoly.local as the server name.

Hope that helps.

All you need to do is type polyname.local as the server name.
This didn’t work for me, but I set my poly name and IP address into the windows hosts file to allow it to work.
I’m on windows 7.

May 27, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #9,746 of 18,774
This didn’t work for me, but I set my poly name and IP address into the windows hosts file to allow it to work.
I’m on windows 7.

Ok thanks for this info. It has worked with MPDluxe on every network I have tried so far. However it does need DNS to be working correctly so the network name of the device can be translated into the
an IP address.

May 27, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #9,747 of 18,774
I read somewhere before in this thread that Android users didn’t seem to get Poly.local to work in most MPD players...
I haven’t tested Windows and Android as I’m on iOS and macOS... YMMV

May 27, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #9,749 of 18,774
I think I might have identified the poly.local working/not working issue. The .local format seems to be something that's provided when using Apple's bonjour service. This is built in to Macs and iDevices. If you're on a Mac or an iDevice, it should work on your local network natively. If you're on a PC and you have the bonjour service installed (installed as part of iTunes) then it should also work. If you're on Windows and don't have iTunes installed then it may well not. I was unable to find a way of installing it on windows successfully without re-installing iTunes, despite what the documentation says. A reinstallation of iTunes fixed it for me and now all devices on my local network can be communicated using <machinename>.local.

To be clear, you don't have to use iTunes, but it does install the service I seemed to need to get this working.

May 27, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #9,750 of 18,774
I think I might have identified the poly.local working/not working issue. The .local format seems to be something that's provided when using Apple's bonjour service. This is built in to Macs and iDevices. If you're on a Mac or an iDevice, it should work on your local network natively. If you're on a PC and you have the bonjour service installed (installed as part of iTunes) then it should also work. If you're on Windows and don't have iTunes installed then it may well not. I was unable to find a way of installing it on windows successfully without re-installing iTunes, despite what the documentation says. A reinstallation of iTunes fixed it for me and now all devices on my local network can be communicated using <machinename>.local.

To be clear, you don't have to use iTunes, but it does install the service I seemed to need to get this working.
Most excellent work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back