Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 27, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #9,752 of 18,750
.local seems to work on windows 10, no iTunes installed. Although it is possible one of my Linux servers is providing mDNS services that I have forgotten about for this to work...

Interesting. It doesn't work on my Windows 10 install and it seems to stop working each time I do an update (I'm running Insider Preview 17677).
Do you have the Bonjour service installed and running?

May 27, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #9,753 of 18,750
Some quick searching on my computer instead of my phone... "zeroconf" provides the IPv4 link-local IP addressing automatically, in turn, services like Bonjour can provide name resolution on top of that. ".local" is part of the mDNS standard (RFC6762). Take a quick glance at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.local for some other details.

mDNS services respond to broadcast requests on the link local multicast address for .local queries. .local could also be configured in unicast (normal) DNS servers also...

Bonjour provides mDNS response for Mac.
Avahi/mDNS/etc. on unix/linux systems can provide mDNS response.
iTunes on windows also installs Bonjour, which provides mDNS.
Windows 10 includes "DNS-SD" (DNS Service Discovery) which attempts to provide mDNS type services.

I noticed a few days ago my "fresh" windows 10 installation resolved my media server as "media.local", which was completely unexpected as I was pretty sure I didn't have that setup, and I didn't have any of my macs running at the time.. I just checked my router (Ubiquity) and I don't have mDNS enabled there either...

ah ha... my "media" server has samba running for some basic windows filesharing services, that runs "winbind" which also responds to mDNS queries. Solved.

Sum point: Many services can provide responses for ".local", but they are all likely things that implement "mDNS".

-j

May 27, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #9,754 of 18,750
Some quick searching on my computer instead of my phone... "zeroconf" provides the IPv4 link-local IP addressing automatically, in turn, services like Bonjour can provide name resolution on top of that. ".local" is part of the mDNS standard (RFC6762). Take a quick glance at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.local for some other details.

mDNS services respond to broadcast requests on the link local multicast address for .local queries. .local could also be configured in unicast (normal) DNS servers also...

Windows 10 includes "DNS-SD" (DNS Service Discovery) which attempts to provide mDNS type services.

I noticed a few days ago my "fresh" windows 10 installation resolved my media server as "media.local", which was completely unexpected as I was pretty sure I didn't have that setup, and I didn't have any of my macs running at the time.. I just checked my router (Ubiquity) and I don't have mDNS enabled there either...

ah ha... my "media" server has samba running for some basic windows filesharing services, that runs "winbind" which also responds to mDNS queries. Solved.

Sum point: Many services can provide responses for ".local", but they are all likely things that implement "mDNS".

-j
Valuable info, many thanks!

May 27, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #9,755 of 18,750
This is about my Chord Poly. Thanks to the now available go figure app, making a connection is easier, as well as configuring other functions of Poly. I may have missed the part of this thread that addresses my problem, but i need your help now. :)

My problem now is that I cannot play DSD files, particularly DSD 256, no matter what app or means I can find. Other music file formats, I have had no problems encountered. First, I tried the Poly’s HOTSPOT MODE. I used the BUBBLE UPnP android app, with the local library of my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as my source. All other files could be played, except DSD files. Then, I used AK KANN as my music source and Poly as the renderer, playing flac, wav, and mp3 files was a breeze, but when it comes to DSD files, the playback stops. Next, I tried loading files to a micro SD card, inserted to the Poly, playing it thru Bubble UPnP. Again, the DSD files cannot be played thru the Poly, but switching the renderer from Poly to my Note 8, the DSD files can be played even though the files are located in the micro SD card inserted to the Poly.

Now, using my local wireless network, I performed the same tasks stated above, but to no avail. DSD files unplayable. So I tried playing DSD files using the JRiver Media Center as my music source, from my windows 10 laptop. I noticed that all DSD files EXCEPT DSD 256 or higher are again unplayable. I have rerun these procedures over and over again, trying different wireless networks (that includes using my iphone and note 8 as hotspots), waited for the latest Poly firmware update, yet, the problem still persisted. Is there a way I can solve this? Or is there something wrong with the Poly I purchased? Please help. Thank you and best regards.

MALP will play DSD 256 files from the SD Card. Just downloaded one to try. (you have to select from "folders" though)

May 27, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #9,757 of 18,750

-j

Thanks, far more thorough than my research!

May 27, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #9,759 of 18,750
Actually, one tidbit of info... for those that have Bluetooth connection issues, even when the Bluetooth is on, try turning off AirDrop in iOS settings.

When you mention bluetooth connection issues.

I am not sure if you mean connection issues when using Poly to listen to music via Bluetooth, or if you mean, the “Bluetooth is not enabled, please enable it”, error, or do you mean connection issues in general ?

If its to do with the “Bluetooth is not enabled, please swipe up”,error.

Airdrop has always been disabled for me and has been like that since I got my iphone and ipads.

However, if I get the bluetooth error again, I will try to enable and then disable Airdrop to see if that has any effect.

I will try anything to stop poly locking up, so if anyone has any idea’s, please post them.

May 27, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #9,762 of 18,750
When you mention bluetooth connection issues.

I am not sure if you mean connection issues when using Poly to listen to music via Bluetooth, or if you mean, the “Bluetooth is not enabled, please enable it”, error, or do you mean connection issues in general ?

If its to do with the “Bluetooth is not enabled, please swipe up”,error.

Airdrop has always been disabled for me and has been like that since I got my iphone and ipads.

However, if I get the bluetooth error again, I will try to enable and then disable Airdrop to see if that has any effect.

I will try anything to stop poly locking up, so if anyone has any idea’s, please post them.

Sorry, I mean the ‘Bluetooth is not turned on’ message (or something like that) while in the GoFigure app, even though Bluetooth is already on in the iOS settings.

May 27, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #9,763 of 18,750
Sorry, I mean the ‘Bluetooth is not turned on’ message (or something like that) while in the GoFigure app, even though Bluetooth is already on in the iOS settings.

Thats what happens to me, but airdrop has never been enabled on my iphone or ipads.

If I get that error again, I will jump out of gofigure and enable and disable Airdrop and see what happens.

It wont hurt to atleast try and if it works, that will save me 24 hours of inconvenience of discharging and recharging.

Cheers

May 28, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #9,764 of 18,750

I see this error message as well- even when Bluetooth is actually enabled. Hopefully something that is being looked into @Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back