Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 3, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #8,209 of 18,774
Can I ask what app and mobile device your using please? I’m wondering how to achieve the 192 rate with iPhone/poly/Qobuz (or third party app integrating with Qobuz)

On third reading I see it’s an app called mconnect - doh!
Mind you that streaming high res playback in Qobuz only works with purchased content, non purchased content will still stream in standard 44.1kHz 16 bits.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #8,210 of 18,774
Can you tell me whether mconnect can play DSD files with or without transcoding?
nope, no DSD file playback in mconnect but I can recommend the much better glider app for that :)

edit: downloaded the latest update and the app description says it should play DSD, but I get a "invalid file location" error when streaming DSD files to the Poly Renderer...
Somehow playing the DSD files using iPhone as renderer works...

IMG_6790.PNG IMG_6791.PNG

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #8,211 of 18,774
The Glider does have one feature missing: The ability to punch in an IP address for an SMB server (for DLNA).
With 8 Player, I can manually enter an IP address to pull my QNAP music server into the list of servers. With Glider, it seems to be auto nw discovery only, which works fine for the Poly, so if it doesn't see the server, nothing I can do to manually pull the QNAP.
Unless, there's a button somewhere that I'm not seeing.

Did someone say the GoFigure app is supposed to launch this week?

I haven't looked back far enough in this thread to note if there is a feature list for the GoFigure app.

I hope it has a fairly broad set of capabilities, from
- Configuration while in use (e.g. setting up wifi connections, seeing if it connects, making adjustments, all in real time),
- to switching between network modes,
- to making any other configuration changes,
- to SDCard management, to uploading and managing files, through creating and managing (and again, more importantly, manually adjusting the sequence of songs in) playlists,
- to regular play/ff/rw type functions.

If the GoFigure app can do these things, AND the AP Client improves, it would go a long way to making me really enjoy the Poly Mojo combo.

----

I guess the GoFigure app is just for configuration and won't have playlist management or play/rw/ff/pause/skip/etc functions.

So, will still need Glider or 8 Player, huh?

Oh well. Something is better than nothing.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #8,212 of 18,774

you will definitely need Glider. it's the app that Chord should've included when Poly launched.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #8,213 of 18,774
I guess the GoFigure app is just for configuration and won't have playlist management or play/rw/ff/pause/skip/etc functions.

Page 11-13 of the GoFigure app manual explain "DLNA database refresh" to allow scanning for externally created playlists (which you can create and edit in Glider and store on mSD card) and "Quickplay function" to control playback of MPD playlists stored on the mSD card. You would still need Glider for standard navigation through files and playback control if you have no playlists stored on the mSD card...

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #8,214 of 18,774
nope, no DSD file playback in mconnect but I can recommend the much better glider app for that :)

edit: downloaded the latest update and the app description says it should play DSD, but I get a "invalid file location" error when streaming DSD files to the Poly Renderer...
Somehow playing the DSD files using iPhone as renderer works...

Thanks for your speedy reply. I guess that Poly renderer is not sendind the DSF MIME out so it is not seen as a DSD renderer. Hopefully in a coming firmware update...

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #8,215 of 18,774
I also get hiss and noise with my new replacement poly . My old one with power on problem hiss a lot less than this new one does .

I think the same here but it's very hard to be sure without the old one to play side by side. The first time I actually noticed / registered "hiss" was with the new one, so I'm thinking it's very likely.
Possibly an email to Chord, maybe on return it could be measured to see if it's within acceptable levels.
If it's much worse than mine / others and distracting when playing at any level I'd suggest an exchange request.
You could of course also record it and upload the audio file to the thread, do a comparison recording though if you have an other completely clean output / reproduction to prove it's not your recording equipment introducing the hiss.

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #8,216 of 18,774
I think the same here but it's very hard to be sure without the old one to play side by side. The first time I actually noticed / registered "hiss" was with the new one, so I'm thinking it's very likely.
Possibly an email to Chord, maybe on return it could be measured to see if it's within acceptable levels.
If it's much worse than mine / others and distracting when playing at any level I'd suggest an exchange request.
You could of course also record it and upload the audio file to the thread, do a comparison recording though if you have an other completely clean output / reproduction to prove it's not your recording equipment introducing the hiss.

Are you all talking about hiss through the headphones/IEMs or external hiss coming from the unit? I haven’t noticed hiss from any HP or IEM, but Mojo does hiss when charging. Never heard any hiss from the Poly unit.

If you do get hiss in the ‘phones, hard to see how Poly could be creating it, though.

Apr 4, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #8,217 of 18,774
Page 11-13 of the GoFigure app manual explain "DLNA database refresh" to allow scanning for externally created playlists (which you can create and edit in Glider and store on mSD card) and "Quickplay function" to control playback of MPD playlists stored on the mSD card. You would still need Glider for standard navigation through files and playback control if you have no playlists stored on the mSD card...
Thanks. I hadn't even thought that the GoFigure manual was out yet, didn't even think to look.

Good info.

With the Glider app missing the ability to manually enter IP addresses of SMB servers, I am temporarily keeping both 8 player and Glider on my iPhone. I hope either Glider adds that ability, or 8 Players...well...almost every other feature, LOL.

Around the house, at least, it's not such a big deal to use the iPhone with Poly, since I can plug the iPhone in to the wall to maintain battery power. Hotspot eats battery pretty quickly, but it's usable for when I want to listen in other rooms.

Thanks again

Apr 4, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #8,218 of 18,774
Hi mates, my first post here. And...., english is not my first language (may be neither the second :confused:),so, please, be indulgents.

I have a small problem with the power on / off of the Poly module just after charging it.

I simultaneously charge Mojo and Poly using a 5V 2 A charger as recommended in the manual. Both switch off. When the load starts, the MStatus and PStatus indicators remain lit in solid white. So far, everything in order.

However, when the load ends, the Mojo indicator goes off as indicated in the manual (as with the Hugo2) but the Poly indicator stays on in blue flashing looking for a Wi-Fi network and then in fixed blue once the Wifi is found and connected. Meanwhile the USB cable is plugged in, the Mojo shuts down when it finishes charging (that’s OK), but the Poly is still on, even though it has finished charging and connects to the Wi-Fi. To turn off the Poly, you need to disconnect the USB cable and switch on / off on the Mojo.

I understand that this is an abnormal behavior in the Poly and that the Poly module should turn off, just like the Mojo module, when the charge is finished and the Mojo is also turned off. Is it possible that there is a configuration or other error in my Poly unit?

Thanks for your advice

Well, passed easter holidays info@chordelectronics.com has answered (thanks Mitch). They say is an absolute normal behaviour as some of your, fellow headfiers, stated a few days before (thanks all, @fordski, @Miketise, @AudioBear, @Gr8h8m ) I think may be of interest, so I quote Mitch´s mail.
"Hello Legio,
Poly is activated by a present current. This means that when the unit is fully charged (and remains plugged in) it will remain activated until unplugged from the charger.
Poly is different from both Mojo and Hugo as it does not have a master power button etc. Polys activation is completely reliant on either a Mojo or a current from a charger.
Kind regards
Mitch Duce
"
Good news, and quick official answer.

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #8,219 of 18,774
Totally agree... give the Glider Music Player app a go. Big improvement over 8player for me
Glider cannot see uPnP connections at home, Sigmatunes ST-1 and Fiio Music apps are working flawlessly though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back