Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 4, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #8,221 of 18,821
I am also able to stream 48kHz from Tidal to Poly using mconnect
I played with mconnect app a few days ago (the free version). It reads anything on uPnP servers but downsamples it on its own, is there an option for bit-perfect which I miss?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #8,222 of 18,821
Hey, @Matt Bartlett

Whats the latest in general with how Poly is going? I just got back from another trip, this time toting my trusty config tool as well as a HooToo Tripmate Titan to try make things work more smoothly, and while its a whole lot better than it was, things are still pretty tough:
Switching modes requires a manual poweroff/poweron
Using in-flight WiFi versus clicking "next song" is an odyssey
We still get occasional bad stutter when some wifi device drops or connects. (Wifi should not stomp on audio)
Im not getting an IP address from Poly.
Try tapping Next-Next-Next-Next quickly-ish to skip 4 songs.

[Rant On]The crack software team does not seem to be particularly speedy at even the basics yet. Can you divorce them and work with a different team who knows embedded Linux? Do you have some sort of leverage? This is still quite painful for just, well... playing music[Rant Off]

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #8,223 of 18,821
What are the main reasons why poly in terms of the design schedule is now presenting all these issues. What really went wrong i just can't believe it. Mojo is stellar.

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #8,226 of 18,821
What are the main reasons why poly in terms of the design schedule is now presenting all these issues. What really went wrong i just can't believe it. Mojo is stellar.

It’s all Apple’s fault (apparently)! :p

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #8,227 of 18,821
It’s terrible... I like Mojo! I like streaming service of music, so I waiting patient Poly release, but now got perfect sound and not user friendly software. I want Poly and I use it, but can’t recommend it to my friends!
Poly SN26xxx, fw 1.0.17 - with out hardware problem
Airplay work perfect with my iPhone as hotspot and in my home WiFi.
But MPD clients not so good.
Glider very good, but not support ape, wavpack and folder view.
MPDluxe - don’t work when iPhone in hotspot mode!
So I like Soundirok - play all files, and work in home network , and with iPhone Hotspot.
MPD js app I use to see Poly IP address in network.
But I need 1 app for all this things!

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #8,228 of 18,821
Glider cannot see uPnP connections at home, Sigmatunes ST-1 and Fiio Music apps are working flawlessly though.

Send me a PM and I'm sure we can figure out what's going wrong.

Glider very good, but not support ape, wavpack and folder view.

A folder view feature is still being considered, but send me a PM and I'll see if we can help with ape and wavpack support.

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #8,229 of 18,821
Are you all talking about hiss through the headphones/IEMs or external hiss coming from the unit? I haven’t noticed hiss from any HP or IEM, but Mojo does hiss when charging. Never heard any hiss from the Poly unit.

If you do get hiss in the ‘phones, hard to see how Poly could be creating it, though.

I've just had a good listen all running on internal batteries, PolyJo and iPhone. Perfectly black background, absolutely no hiss, all I hear is the tension in my neck and jaw! ..... As i said I'd forgotten about what I heard initially, I must've first heard it while charging as you say.
So no worries here. :) ..... Apologies, I responded based on what I heard initialy without listening cafefully again on only batteries.
If you are hearing hiss on batteries alone then no doubt there is a problem somewhere. I personally could see it being Poly if that is the case. Poly is essentially a receiver is it not? .. If yes, then it could be passing noise into Mojo, like any reciever if there is a fault?

Do you hear hiss only on power / charging? ..... Not charging at the moment, I'll confirm it when I am. I know I do hear a hum on charging for sure, which does make me wonder how clean the output is from my 3A brick charger?
Anyone else hear this hum? ...

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #8,231 of 18,821
Send me a PM and I'm sure we can figure out what's going wrong.

A folder view feature is still being considered, but send me a PM and I'll see if we can help with ape and wavpack support.

Ooo, folder view would be nice, I don't see all my albums, there's a couple that don't appear and a couple that don't show all tracks.
I'm not overly experienced and being a bit lazy learning / sorting it, just using folder view in mpdeluxe for those.
It's something to do with tagging, is that correct? ... I'll read up on it at some point.

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #8,232 of 18,821
Out of interest, what is your folks “max listening level” for your IEMs?

I have a set of Laylas (117dB @ 1Mw) that I push to 6 clicks back from red-red, though I am usually 4 below that.

Unless I fancy a short blast, occasionally I do, I rarely go much above start of red, mostly 2 clicks below with my Noble Encore, may be 5- 6 clicks past but as I said that's rarely and really pushing it for me for any length of time.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #8,233 of 18,821
20 clicks from black is a nice volume for my shure 846.

Blue-light purple.

I have a set of Laylas (117dB @ 1Mw) that I push to 6 clicks back from red-red, though I am usually 4 below that.

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #8,234 of 18,821
Ooo, folder view would be nice, I don't see all my albums, there's a couple that don't appear and a couple that don't show all tracks.
I'm not overly experienced and being a bit lazy learning / sorting it, just using folder view in mpdeluxe for those.
It's something to do with tagging, is that correct? ... I'll read up on it at some point.

The embedded metadata is likely missing for those files, and I'll bet they're showing up under 'Unknown Album'. Send me a PM if you want to investigate further.

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #8,235 of 18,821

Depends on what iem’s I am using and what music I am listening to, most times its around the double red mark.

Some of my iems need to go past double red, others fall short of it, but double red would be my average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back