Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 31, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #8,117 of 18,774
The Poly exposes two distinct outputs: DLNA / MPD (looks like a miniature Poly icon), and AirPlay (looks like a speaker icon found under 'More Devices' in Glider). You should always use the DLNA / MPD version, but you must also ensure that the default iOS output is *not* set to Poly's AirPlay output, as this appears to sometimes block the Poly from functioning in DLNA / MPD mode if you've previously streamed something over AirPlay.

The default iOS output can be changed from command center on the lock screen if needed.

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #8,118 of 18,774
It looks like you have selected the Chord Player correctly. The problem may be the AIFF or the 192K. Try making a 192k FLAC and a 96K FLAC and see if they play. I've converted all my AIFFs to FLACs to save space, it's lossless so why not?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #8,120 of 18,774
Mar 31, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #8,121 of 18,774
Apr 1, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #8,122 of 18,774
On number 3: I created "ChordPlayer" as personalized network name exactly as @JeremyLaurenson did in his Chord Poly Basic Setup for iPhone (imitation is the most sincere form of flattery) and then modified my Poly further as Jeremy explained in his Chord Poly plus Glider for iOS (although I skipped the step for about personal hotspots as I didn't buy that service from my cell provider):

In Glider, I selected ChordPlayer as my device

Is that Airplay? I've seen Mojo as a device previously, but don't see it now.

Interestingly, I just selected a hi res album in Glider and I got this reply:

So now I'm totally confused :triportsad:

@DavidW you may wish to look back at a previous post of mine Post #7639. Swipe the iOS control centre upwards and verify if you are using airplay (blue lines) or MPD/DLNA (no blue lines).
From your screen shot your Chordplayer appears with a speaker icon indicating streaming via airplay, limiting the resolution to CD red book 44.1kHz 16 bit.

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #8,125 of 18,774
  • You can double bluff on fools day too, you know!

• With the flak taken over release date, I don't think John would dare an April Fools, some wouldn't see the funny side of it :)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #8,126 of 18,774
does anyone know, regards roon, does it integrate the content on the sd card in Poly into its library.... or can i play the content on the sd card via roon, or only though the apps such as glider etc?

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #8,127 of 18,774
@joe28 i really like the latest version of Glider - it's great to be able to make my playlists within the app while on the go. would it be possible in the near future to be able to edit album art as well? thank you for the great work that you continue to do ☺️

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #8,128 of 18,774
@joe28 i really like the latest version of Glider - it's great to be able to make my playlists within the app while on the go. would it be possible in the near future to be able to edit album art as well? thank you for the great work that you continue to do ☺️
I’m on the beta and you can do that. I think you can do it on the normal version too. I made playlists last night.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #8,129 of 18,774
Sad day for me! I plugged in the usb cable to the Mojo, got a little spark and it's now won't power on at all.
Help ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back