1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543
545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554
Next

Last
  1. fordski
    My understanding is that behavior you are experiencing is normal. Mine is the same upon completion of charging: Mojo light goes out and Poly light stays blue. If I check my wifi connections Poly is connected to my network when the charger is plugged in. And I'm jealous of your English especially as a third language. I've been living in Mexico for 6 years and I still struggle with Spanish!

LegioSeptimo likes this.
  2. Bengkia369
    I like my original Chord case for my Chord Mojo-Poly, it's looks like a G-Shock that is rugged yet looks very nice!

NYanakiev, Cougar2465 and McCol like this.
  3. miketlse
    Don't get stressed about first languages. :relaxed:
    I work with colleagues of many cultures, and have learnt to use the criterion of Tait the US president, in that 'can you be understood, but not misunderstood'.
    There have been recent posts from Chord, clarifying that the Mojo will recharge the battery first, followed by the Poly.
    I don't own a Poly, but I am sure that some of the Poly owners will be able to help you. :relaxed:

4. LegioSeptimo
    Thanks for your quick answer @fordski. More calm now:slight_smile:. Poly is really tricky related to wifi connections. I thought it should shut down as soon as completely charged as Mojo does. I would like to have the two led indicators (Mstatus and Pstatus) goes out, and worried when only M light goes out. So, I understand Poly always remain "on" and connected to wifi while plugged to a usb cable. To shut down Poly then is necessary to unplug it from the power cable. Thanks for you advisory.

BTW, mi wife is mexican, and 30 years later, I am also struggle with mexican/spanish :laughing:. It´s normal at all.

Un fuerte abrazo

fordski and AudioBear like this.
  5. LegioSeptimo
    Thanks @miketise. Good criterion of course. :thumbsup:

miketlse likes this.
  6. styks
    Hey guy's,
    I'm getting a lot of crackling using Airplay to play/stream Qobuz, for some reason, any ideas?
    It will sometimes not only crackle but also play like fast forward for a second or so. It'll do this several times them seems to settle down with just the odd crackle now and then. My network DLNA using Android is quiet, no issues at all.
    Using Glider to play SD card DLNA is quet also, no probs.
    It's just Airplay.

If I can't stop it is thier an MPD like Bubble upnp, that i use to stream Qobuz on Android, I can use on IOS, my iPhone SE ?
    Can Glider do it? If so how do you go about it? ........ I'd also like to play my imported Qobuz files offline if possible?

7. AudioBear
    Muy chistoso amigo.

8. DavidW
    Hey @JeremyLaurenson, thanks again for the videos. I am seeking clarification about internet access as described in iOS using Poly in Poly's own hotspot network. Once connected, it appears that I can access Glider on the Poly and maintain internet access, but the latter is over cellular and not wifi. Is that correct? I've noticed that in my case I can't access Glider and wifi simultaneously. Note that I don't have cellular hotspot service and am not certain if that changes things.

9. fordski
    Igualmente amigo. Glad to hear it’s normal

10. Gr8h8m
    No don't worry - that's normal behaviour right now.

11. Amberlamps
    I seem to be having a problem.

Normally poly is in roon mode and works perfect in that mode, so I thought I would take mojo/poly out today, second time that I have done so, first time was a mess and today it was slightly less of a mess.

As I mentioned I had poly in roon mode with dsd selected and bit perfect, today I changed it from roon to other so I could use mojo/poly when outside.

This is where the problem occurs, I am having problems when trying to use it outdoors away from wifi connections, also when I did manage to connect to poly with glider, the iphones volume control was able to turn the sound up and down, I thought for bit perfect only mojos volume would work ?

Basically, what is the best mode to connect to poly whilst away from my home network, what are the steps ?

I did mess with poly waay back in january and I stuck it in roon mode and left it there, I have now forgotten what steps to take when trying to get poly and iphone hooked up when away from my home wifi network and how to set it so that I get the best sound quality.

One more thing, when using the pin to cycle through the different modes, on both polys, old one and replacement, when it gets to access point mode it wont go any further, I have to reboot mojo/poly to start over again. It just stops cycling through the different modes once poly gets to access point mode.

does this happen with anyone else ?

All I want is to connect to poly using my iphone 6s+ and to get the best sound quality, what are the steps ?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2018
  12. ZappaMan
    if your phone supports free hotspot... then, setup your hotspot as a wifi connection in poly via access mode.
    reboot poly.
    move out into your car or away from your wifi network.
    turn on your iphone hotspot, ensuring its discoverable, by holding down the bluetooth icon in the iphone control panel (slide up).
    poly will connect to your hotspot.
    start glider.
    as you were !

(tips: give your iphone a simple name like mrf, no funny characters etc, same for password. use a simple password to prevent fat fingering it in. or use your desktop to configure the access point rather than a phone, as its easier to do it correctly first time on a proper keyboard etc).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    innocentblood and Amberlamps like this.
  13. ZappaMan
    i was just going to note, that playing Tidal, via AK Connect 2 (app store app), it was able to play at 48khz, rather than the usual 44khz. I noticed as the mojo power light went orange. It was also 24bit. i thought that was cool. I was listening to Yundi playing a bit of chopin if you want to see for yourself. It would be good when Tidal allow mobile users access to higher res files.

polly.png polly2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  14. ZappaMan
    Does anyone have any recommendations for the best pci wifi network card to get. One that maximises 2.4khz channel. I want to stream dsd around my network to poly, but it just stutters. So, any recommendations for a good router and network card is appreciated. I also wonder, whats the maximum transfer rate poly can support @Matt Bartlett ?

15. musickid
    has the app been released? someone said they had downloaded it.

First

Back
534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543
545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554
Next

Last