Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 31, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #8,103 of 18,742
Good news indeed. May I ask if you decided to include a "hollow" shoulder strap or something of sorts, that would allow to insert the cable of the headphones so that not everything gets tangled or cought on doorknobs? I mentioned it a few weeks ago and @Rob Watts said he would give it some thought and run it by the Van Nuys guys.
We looked into this and the guys at VN thought it was not practical for a leather strap so that was that I’m afraid.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #8,104 of 18,742
We looked into this and the guys at VN thought it was not practical for a leather strap so that was that I’m afraid.

Alrighty, thanks for giving it some thought John.

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #8,109 of 18,742
if you're using an iphone, the volume can dip if you have some other sort of notification happening, like a new mail arrives (from memory !)

I'm familiar with the iPhone notification. When that happens (Glider or any other app), the sound is lowered for a few seconds and then is restored to normal at the conclusion of the notification alert. My situation is the volume is lowered and stays there until I abort Glider and launch it again.

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #8,110 of 18,742
I'm familiar with the iPhone notification. When that happens (Glider or any other app), the sound is lowered for a few seconds and then is restored to normal at the conclusion of the notification alert. My situation is the volume is lowered and stays there until I abort Glider and launch it again.
try backing up your iphone, then factory reset, then deploy latest IOS, deploy glider and recheck ? just a suggestion :)

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #8,111 of 18,742
1. Could be an incoming e-mail or some other iOS activity. Mine doesn't do that.

2. No idea, never had this happen

3. You are probably listening via Airplay rather than the Poly server. Are you using your phone or poly as a hotspot, or is there wi-fi in whatever you are riding in? Check in Glider what the icon is at the bottom of the play screen. If it looks like a little TV and says Poly you're on airplay. If it's a Mojo-like icon you should be using Poly as a renderer, but maybe not because for me on Glider when I play 96K I see the green light.

On number 3: I created "ChordPlayer" as personalized network name exactly as @JeremyLaurenson did in his Chord Poly Basic Setup for iPhone (imitation is the most sincere form of flattery) and then modified my Poly further as Jeremy explained in his Chord Poly plus Glider for iOS (although I skipped the step for about personal hotspots as I didn't buy that service from my cell provider):
2018-03-29 18_15_08-(21) Chord Poly Basic Setup for iPhone - YouTube (1).png

In Glider, I selected ChordPlayer as my device
2018-03-31 21_19_39-IMG-0137 - Paint.png

Is that Airplay? I've seen Mojo as a device previously, but don't see it now.

Interestingly, I just selected a hi res album in Glider and I got this reply:
IMG_0139.PNG

So now I'm totally confused :triportsad:

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #8,112 of 18,742
On number 3: I created "ChordPlayer" as personalized network name exactly as @JeremyLaurenson did in his Chord Poly Basic Setup for iPhone (imitation is the most sincere form of flattery) and then modified my Poly further as Jeremy explained in his Chord Poly plus Glider for iOS (although I skipped the step for about personal hotspots as I didn't buy that service from my cell provider):

In Glider, I selected ChordPlayer as my device

Is that Airplay? I've seen Mojo as a device previously, but don't see it now.

Interestingly, I just selected a hi res album in Glider and I got this reply:

So now I'm totally confused :triportsad:

that’s not where you choose your device in Glider. switch that back to iPhone, leave that iOS screen alone, and choose your Poly from the Glider app.

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #8,113 of 18,742
I don't know enough about what happens here to explain it but I am still pretty sure you are on Airplay. 1) because it says so, and 2) because Airplay can't play a hi-res album. You need to do as I said and Supervisor has now said, select the player in Glider from the various renderers page. I'll see if I can get a screen shot of it for you.

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #8,114 of 18,742
on the page that shows the album cover and the player controls just select the little icon on the very bottom--looks like a computer screen

on the page of devices that opens up, select Chord Player. See attached

Attachments

• IMG_5021.PNG
    IMG_5021.PNG
    132.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back