Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 23, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #7,216 of 18,821
Feb 23, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #7,218 of 18,821
Same here... was told by the dealer that it's normal...

I did notice some early wear and tear of the matte coating, I bought the case in November last year together with the Poly from the dealer...but rarely take the case outdoors...
@Matt Bartlett is there warranty for this or is this issue something that can be addressed?

You can’t really expect to have warranty on wear and tear, its not really an issue either. You have some wear on a case, that’s what happens to cases, they protect the unit from the wear and tear!!

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #7,219 of 18,821
You can’t really expect to have warranty on wear and tear, its not really an issue either. You have some wear on a case, that’s what happens to cases, they protect the unit from the wear and tear!!

Fair enough... I paid full price for the case but I will check out the VanNuys case.

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #7,220 of 18,821
Fair enough... I paid full price for the case but I will check out the VanNuys case.

Did you not get a free case code when you bought your poly ?

In my poly box was a code to claim a free mojo/poly case.

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #7,221 of 18,821
The free cases were only for UK purchases.
I bought my Mojo + Poly + case here in Asia.
No codes included except for the free Roon trial.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #7,222 of 18,821
Ah,

I didnt know that the free case offer was just for the UK.

To be honest, I like the mojo/poly case more than the Van Nuy’s one. I think the original case offers more protection as the van nuys one looks to be totally open at one end, I am unsure how easily mojo/poly would slip out if it was dropped or if it was somehow taken out of a pocket upside down.

Feb 23, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #7,223 of 18,821
yeah, no big deal, I can live with it... there will be wear and tear at some point for everyone. The Chord cases come all with one year warranty ... just wondered...
I agree with you that the standard case seem to offer more protection like you describe. The VanNuys premium case is pretty looking but comes at a premium price too.

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #7,224 of 18,821
Does anybody know how to get the Glider App to show wav files?
Reach out to Joe28 he will help you with that issue. Current Beta version helped to clean up my unknown unknown/unknown folder.
Wave files do not support ID3 tagging, you should seriously consider converting your wave files into Flac files which will occupy less space and have the same quality as wave.

Technically speaking, the WAV container format does support writing ID3 tags (or any arbitrary chunk of data for that matter), but most software out there doesn't support reading the ID3 data. This includes the media server running on the Poly, which means the metadata stored in your WAV files will not be sent to any connected UPnP control point. Glider 1.7 attempts to correct this by adding a 'Verifying Metadata' phase at the end of the initial sync that will download small chunks of each WAV file to locate the ID3 data. This process has been significantly improved for the upcoming 1.8 release, so please send me a direct message with your email address and I'll get you set up with the latest beta.

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #7,225 of 18,821
wanted to share something I just experienced at work:

was listening to Poly through iTunes/Apple Music streaming (i love their New Music Playlist for me) on my work wi-fi network via my iMac and was experiencing constant dropouts.

switched to Audirvana to stream through Tidal and instantly there were zero dropouts...

what explanation?

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #7,229 of 18,821
perhaps you're buffering before playback?

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 01.10.57.png

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #7,230 of 18,821
Ah,

I didnt know that the free case offer was just for the UK.

To be honest, I like the mojo/poly case more than the Van Nuy’s one. I think the original case offers more protection as the van nuys one looks to be totally open at one end, I am unsure how easily mojo/poly would slip out if it was dropped or if it was somehow taken out of a pocket upside down.
I don’t believe the free case is available in the UK now either. I bought my Poly in the UK 2 weeks ago, and there was no voucher for a free case included

Users who are viewing this thread

Back