Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 8, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #6,678 of 18,821
Weird but I was using NePLAYER w Hugo2 via Bluetooth

My wife was using Poly in the other room.

I accessed her SD card, via NePLAYER. Poly came up as one of the choices.
I thought the poly was a full dlna player/server and should be visible and able to be "played" to as well.

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #6,679 of 18,821
I think those who had the issues are all being taken care of by Chord. My wife's sole use now is SD card. I think those who received replacements seem to all be happy. I think it is safe to make the investment.

I hope to buy Hugo 2's "2go". the Poly of Hugo 2 for the same reason: I can bring 400gb of music with me anywhere,. and listen with superior sound quality. What's better than that?

2Go likely delayed as the focus seems to be on Poly, but my confidence remains the same in Chord quality and customer service.

Thank you Peter. I am aching to get a portable solution sorted out.

An iPod Shuffle that I have is only 4GB, and that fills up quickly with WAV or ALAC. However I really can't cope with iTunes, and I'd like something better than the Shuffle. It's OK and it's still a pleasure to have music on the go. That's why I know I'd be happy with a Sony ZX300. Even though it's unlikely to compete with the Mojo. (I have the Hugo also, but still appreciate my iPod Shuffle, for letting me have music on the go.)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #6,680 of 18,821
I think those who had the issues are all being taken care of by Chord. My wife's sole use now is SD card. I think those who received replacements seem to all be happy. I think it is safe to make the investment.

I hope to buy Hugo 2's "2go". the Poly of Hugo 2 for the same reason: I can bring 400gb of music with me anywhere,. and listen with superior sound quality. What's better than that?

2Go likely delayed as the focus seems to be on Poly, but my confidence remains the same in Chord quality and customer service.

Yes. Fingers crossed

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #6,681 of 18,821
1. I would definitely exchange the unit. Waiting 5 to 10 minutes to turn on it's not acceptable.
2. Keep your Android phone.
3. I had problem running Roon on Windows server 2012 R2 (constantly dropouts)
my solution was running Roon core on Ubuntu server in hyper-V. It's working flawlessly now.
I have an intermittent problem with the power on. It happens more when it's cold. I found a workaround though: plug in the power- it wakes up in a few seconds. It's a pain in the butt. This thing isn't cheap. Chord needs to fix the issue. Good luck.

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #6,684 of 18,821
I found a workaround though: plug in the power- it wakes up in a few seconds. ...

That "workaround" has been the normal since release day of the majority of Poly owners. Sorry, no Founding Father credit for you. :wink:

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #6,685 of 18,821
That "workaround" has been the normal since release day of the majority of Poly owners. Sorry, no Founding Father credit for you. :wink:

Majority? I’m on my second Poly and I have never had to resort to anything like that to wake it up.

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #6,686 of 18,821
Do you Iphone guys find yourself checking the app store several times for GoFigure each day like I do. Hmmm I guess i’m the eternal optimist:beerchug:

I've already done the ritual this morning and alas nothing.

Did get my replacement Poly yesterday though so will test drive that over the next 2 days as I had terrible start up issues with the original. It know is a slightly different shade to my Mojo but I'll live with that for a working Poly.

A minor note but the replacement did cost me another £10 to sink into Poly ownership as I had to pay postage to return mine. I appreciate the replacement Chord but it shouldn't cost me.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #6,687 of 18,821
Are you using your Poly name as the server name? Here are my settings which work on every network I connect to.

for some reason, it wouldn't connect using my Poly name as the server name. so I am using the Poly's IP address when I am at home because I can see this easily when I look under my Asus Router settings. how do I look up the Poly's IP address when I am outside my home, when my Poly is connecting to my iPhone's hot spot?

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #6,688 of 18,821
for some reason, it wouldn't connect using my Poly name as the server name. so I am using the Poly's IP address when I am at home because I can see this easily when I look under my Asus Router settings. how do I look up the Poly's IP address when I am outside my home, when my Poly is connecting to my iPhone's hot spot?

Strange - it should work with your polname.local as the server address. With the iPhone hotspot you need to use this method in order for it to connect.
You can find out Poly's IP address by quickly pressing in the config pin and the 'lady inside' will speak the address.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #6,689 of 18,821
Strange - it should work with your polname.local as the server address. With the iPhone hotspot you need to use this method in order for it to connect.
You can find out Poly's IP address by quickly pressing in the config pin and the 'lady inside' will speak the address.

I'm sorry @Matt Bartlett ! you are right - I did not put in the server name accurately. the server name I put in was incomplete as I had left out the dot local part! gosh I feel so stupid now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back