Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #6,091 of 18,752
there is some confusion here regarding roon's dropout rate with regards to accessing tidal tracks. it is not a widespread problem amongst roon community in as far as it affects large swathes of roon users on a regular basis. it may affect some individual users more often due to individual problems in their set up etc. it does not trouble a larger percentage of roon users on a regular basis. to put this into perspective having been a roon member since last september i am aware of only one instance where tidal tracks became unavailable to a larger percentage of roon users at one instance in time. i hope that helps the poly troubleshooting. just trying to help. cheers mk
It drops out for me several times a day, when I'm not using Poly. I also have frequent troubles signing into my Tidal account on Roon.

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #6,092 of 18,752
BubbleUPnP for Android has Tidal built in. I think you need the paid version to use them without any limits though. But if Poly is in Hotspot mode or on a WiFi network it can push Tidal to Poly via UPnP. Just set Tidal(in the Cloud section) as the Library and Poly as the renderer and you should be able to listen to Tidal from Android to Poly. Let me know if you have any problems doing this.

This sounds like messing around and complicated. There isn't an app that does this easier?

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #6,093 of 18,752
This sounds like messing around and complicated. There isn't an app that does this easier?

It's actually not that complicated. BubbleUpnp is a free download and once you see how it functions as instructed in the previous post you'll get the idea. Of course the simplest solution is to pay the upgrade fee for bubble and login to tidal as your server.

Also none of these solutions allow you to stream offline content to poly just so you're aware.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #6,094 of 18,752
It's actually not that complicated. BubbleUpnp is a free download and once you see how it functions as instructed in the previous post you'll get the idea. Of course the simplest solution is to pay the upgrade fee for bubble and login to tidal as your server.

Also none of these solutions allow you to stream offline content to poly just so you're aware.

Oh that is a bummer, there is no way to ever ever push Tidal offline playlist to Poly? On Android

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #6,095 of 18,752
Oh that is a bummer, there is no way to ever ever push Tidal offline playlist to Poly? On Android

There's a discussion a few pages back about it. Right now the best way with android is using Bluetooth to stream tidal offline. Other methods involve usings apps that mimic airplay but my experience has been that sound quality is not as good as airplay on iOS devices. Search this thread for Airaudio to find the conversation. Apparently chord is working on a potential android solution using Google cast .

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #6,096 of 18,752
There's a discussion a few pages back about it. Right now the best way with android is using Bluetooth to stream tidal offline. Other methods involve usings apps that mimic airplay but my experience has been that sound quality is not as good as airplay on iOS devices. Search this thread for Airaudio to find the conversation. Apparently chord is working on a potential android solution using Google cast .

Is bluetoothing the tidal offline to poly bad quality and sound?

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #6,101 of 18,752
Sorry, I can take newbies asking about the amp vs the dac section of Mojo, but “old timers” with over 2000 posts asking inane questions - post after post - are adding no value for me.

I got a noob question. How do I turn my Poly on?

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #6,103 of 18,752
It turns itself on whenever it’s connected to the mojo.

Nope, it doesn’t. Only after 30 minutes of struggling it will somehow turn on randomly xD

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #6,104 of 18,752
Today is a new record. The Poly is in the charger and after 35 minutes it still is not turned on when repeatedly trying to turn it on.

I give up for today.

That Whathifi gave the Chord Poly 5 stars (maximum score possible) remains a mystery to me.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #6,105 of 18,752
Any Vannuys case available for the Mojo-Poly? I mean the carrying case not the Chord/Vannuys slip-on case.
Just got my Poly with a official Chord case, going to charge it, can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back