Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #6,076 of 18,752
You welcome. Let’s hope Astell & Kern don’t read this thread and block the Poly :p

Which of the AK Connect apps are we talking about again? I have found two so far:p

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #6,077 of 18,752
I've noticed that the Poly's audio glitching is connected to it scanning WiFi networks. As an experiment I setup a playlist to play using M.A.L.P, set it playing and then turned my phone's WiFi hotspot off. It played through the whole playlist (as I was hoping - without needing Phone or any other WiFi connection) but glitched every few seconds as it scanned around for a known network to connect to. I'm guessing the Poly WiFi radio needs a firmware/driver update so that actual audio streaming can be prioritised and not disrupted by networking shenanigans.

Yes Poly is always scanning so that as soon as a known network is available it will automatically connect rather than manually having to prompt Poly to reconnect each time. However we have added an Airplane mode into the GoFigure app. In your scenario above you
can use MPD and set a playlist running whilst on WiFi then activate Airplane mode through the app so that the WiFi in Poly is disabled and it will stop scanning. The music will continue to play until you get to the end of the playlist.

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #6,078 of 18,752
there is some confusion here regarding roon's dropout rate with regards to accessing tidal tracks. it is not a widespread problem amongst roon community in as far as it affects large swathes of roon users on a regular basis. it may affect some individual users more often due to individual problems in their set up etc. it does not trouble a larger percentage of roon users on a regular basis. to put this into perspective having been a roon member since last september i am aware of only one instance where tidal tracks became unavailable to a larger percentage of roon users at one instance in time. i hope that helps the poly troubleshooting. just trying to help. cheers mk

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #6,079 of 18,752
Yes Poly is always scanning so that as soon as a known network is available it will automatically connect rather than manually having to prompt Poly to reconnect each time. However we have added an Airplane mode into the GoFigure app. In your scenario above you
can use MPD and set a playlist running whilst on WiFi then activate Airplane mode through the app so that the WiFi in Poly is disabled and it will stop scanning. The music will continue to play until you get to the end of the playlist.
That's great news Matt - I was hoping for a WiFi on/off switch in GoFigure. My ideal situation would be WiFi switchable on/off with full Bluetooth playback control of SD files. GoFigure can't come quickly enough!

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #6,082 of 18,752
Just tried the ak connect app. And I’m streaming Tidal HiFi direct to poly as renderer . And it’s very stable so far. Before I didn’t know iPhone can stream tidal direct to poly apart from with airplay.
This is direct streaming to poly without going through airplay. I’m excited to found out this.
When I’m in tidal and I choose an output for the audio, I see poly (given my specific name. ”mdp” and displayed as a speaker ) and also a blue tooth poly - called ‘poly’ with a Bluetooth icon.

When I choose mdp- is that tidal streaming directly to poly - by virtue that we all are on the same network - and not using Bluetooth/airplay (even though it shows up as a type of airplay device?)

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #6,083 of 18,752
When I’m in tidal and I choose an output for the audio, I see poly (given my specific name. ”mdp” and displayed as a speaker ) and also a blue tooth poly - called ‘poly’ with a Bluetooth icon.

When I choose mdp- is that tidal streaming directly to poly - by virtue that we all are on the same network - and not using Bluetooth/airplay (even though it shows up as a type of airplay device?)

With the Tidal app on iOS you have the option to use Airplay with the speaker icon or Bluetooth with the Bluetooth icon. As Airplay supports 16 bit 44KHz which is the maximum rate that the Tidal iOS app can support anyway
there is no degradation using Airplay.

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #6,090 of 18,752
What about android phones

BubbleUPnP for Android has Tidal built in. I think you need the paid version to use them without any limits though. But if Poly is in Hotspot mode or on a WiFi network it can push Tidal to Poly via UPnP. Just set Tidal(in the Cloud section) as the Library and Poly as the renderer and you should be able to listen to Tidal from Android to Poly. Let me know if you have any problems doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back