Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #376 of 18,815
  You only spent money on Silver Micro to Micro Cable.

I have spent On :

1. Ebay cheap OTG
2. Penon' cheap OTG
3. Penon's Pure Silver 10 cms
4. Penon's Pure Silver 30 cms
5. Penon's Pure copper 30 cms
6. Forzaaudio Pure Copper 20 cms
7. Forzaaudio Pyre 20 cms

Now, anyone having doubt that Micro USB cables doesn't change the sound ? PM me !

That little lot has probably cost you as much as Poly
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #377 of 18,815
Hi, is poly made in the same factory as Mojo?
No it won't be because if the technologies involved the circuit board and components are at a very different level complexity the board is a has ten layers with tracks of point 3 of a mm and four thousand blind and buried vias components sizes down to 0201 this stuff is even beyond current latest generation smart phone tech manufacturing technologies so it's being made in a plant that is one of only a few on the planet that can do this sort of thing I'm proud to say it's in Wolverhampton in England there typical clients are from aerospace. This is how I know when you guys get Poly you will be amazed simply because for what it can do it is very very
inexpensive but getting that message across to you all that it is, has bee a nightmare! I just hope it does finally sink in it's bloody cheap for what it is!

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #378 of 18,815
No it won't be because if the technologies involved the circuit board and components are at a very different level complexity the board is a has ten layers with tracks of point 3 of a mm and four thousand blind and buried vias components sizes down to 0201 this stuff is even beyond current latest generation smart phone tech manufacturing technologies so it's being made in a plant that is one of only a few on the planet that can do this sort of thing I'm proud to say it's in Wolverhampton in England there typical clients are from aerospace. This is how I know when you guys get Poly you will be amazed simply because for what it can do it is very very
inexpensive but getting that message across to you all that it is, has bee a nightmare! I just hope it does finally sink in it's bloody cheap for what it is!

I think I may have visited that factory in my working life!  For those not in the know, I think laptops with decent audio tend to use 3 layers keeping the audio circuitry on a separate layer to reduce interference. A 10 layer board must be awesome. It was an eye opener for me seeing multi-layered circuit boards being produced (some aerospace/military boards).

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #379 of 18,815

That sounds massively impressive.
The way i'm currently thinking about it is as kind of like a Chromecast Audio on extreme steroids with added bluetooth, NAS (SD card) and it's own power supply in a smaller higher quality package.
Sound about right?

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #380 of 18,815

The way i'm currently thinking about it is as kind of like a Chromecast Audio on extreme steroids with added bluetooth, NAS (SD card) and it's own power supply in a smaller higher quality package.
Sound about right?

If I understand correct it will also deliver FLAC/DSD quality over wireless using WiFi which no mobile Bluetooth system can currently do (possibly Sony LDAC can for FLAC which I did try with a ZX2 & Z5). Its got to be same or better than a cable connection IMO.

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #381 of 18,815

WOW! I even know who you refer to, as they are a customer of mine!
Great to see you kept it local
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #383 of 18,815
Sound about right?
It truly is guys as I'd said earlier "this ain't no Raspberry pie " meaning that Poly is way beyond the technologies in that excellent little processor though naturally I was severely rounded on for my statement but what I'd said was absolutely true in trying placate one individual who'd putt his own system together at a relatively low cost. Although the fact that must have been twenty five times the size and mass of Poly and had simpler functionality had illuded him.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #384 of 18,815
Has to after Brexit, rest of world is too expensive now :D
Well unfortunately we buy all our components on the world market and these are priced in dollars so everything has gone up by more than twenty percent. Poly has very little hand labour in it it's all automated so it's down to skills and I can proudly say we now have the best in the world rightt in the heart of England we don't build in china we don't want to build this in china this one could not be done there it's too difficult.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #386 of 18,815
Ok I'm getting interested, such a shame it will only have 1 sd card though
Not possible to fit it inside but in any case 250 gigabyte are available now prices falling rapidly and I'm told that half a terra byte SDs are to be released in weeks and two terabytes are in sampling at this moment. We naturally took this all into account.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #388 of 18,815
Thanks for the response over the pricing, i though it said that the £499 didnt include VAT.  Im getting used to that now its not such a shock.

One question i thought of will the poly allow a bluetooth connection from the phone for control and then a bluetooth connection to headphones for true wireless?

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #389 of 18,815
  Ok I'm getting interested, such a shame it will only have 1 sd card though

Just got even more interesting. I asked John about details on the case and he hinted that the longer case is to be included with the Chord Poly. This may only be a limited time promotion, I don't know. At least that saves me £60 on a new case making Poly even more appealing. Said they are already made. Should also alleviate any concern people had about the two halves not holding together so well. Also stops any body with the original case being annoyed at having to buy a new case.

I have seen some Mojo sellers in the UK offering the original case free with new Mojo purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back