Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #347 of 18,821
The Poly doesn't give you sound. The Mojo gives you the sound. The Mojo alone, it sounds like a Mojo. The Mojo+Poly, it still sounds like a Mojo. 

And the better the source, the more that Mojo sounds like live music.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #348 of 18,821
my predicated chord mojo+poly will take over some of the mid-high budget desktop equipment.. from reading the spec:

PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 717.6kHz, and 768kHz.

DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD512 (Octa-DSD).

if Poly can do all that in wireless and stay consistent output quality as their Code X (
£4,500) and/or even better one DSX1000 (£7,500)... for £499 GBP thats cheap!!!

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #349 of 18,821

However, the one missing piece of information that informs the debate is how the Poly actually sounds. That's what I will base any decision on.

The Poly doesn't give you sound. The Mojo gives you the sound. The Mojo alone, it sounds like a Mojo. The Mojo+Poly, it still sounds like a Mojo. 

Mojo will sound depends upon the source and digital connection which can change the sound signature from 20%-50% (My figures lol)
So i will also buy Poly in order to make Mojo 100% efficient, right now with Hidizs Ap60 + Forza USB cables, my mojo is around 80% efficient (my ssumption)

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #350 of 18,821
I'm not sure the Poly is the source. Probably it is but I just thought its just an add-on. I owned the Mojo. I have listen the Mojo+Poly and nothing stand out or that I'm unfamiliar with to the sound of the Mojo. Maybe you guys got better ears than mine and be able to tell the differences, but I don't see any difference, imo.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #351 of 18,821
  I'm not sure the Poly is the source. Probably it is but I just thought its just an add-on. I owned the Mojo. I have listen the Mojo+Poly and nothing stand out or that I'm unfamiliar with to the sound of the Mojo. Maybe you guys got better ears than mine and be able to tell the differences, but I don't see any difference, imo.

When did you listen to Mojo+Poly  ?
popcorn.gif

What's your early impressions, please share !

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #352 of 18,821
  Will it be possible to stream from Qobuz to the Poly?

Will it be possible to stream from Tidal to the Poly? (without paying for Roon).

On Androïd, we will need a application like Bubble UPnP Media server.

On this application App Bubble UPnP you can see Qobuz and Tidal.

On the top it is written: Lecteur local:
When we will push on this button, we will choose one of all the DLNA equipement on our network.
So at this place it will be written " Poly from Chord" or something like that.
In my home, at this place I choose " Oppo BDP-103D".
And directly my music go throw the optical fiber between the blueray and the mojo.
I do not have to touch a buttons of my blueray player.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #353 of 18,821
On Androïd, we will need a application like Bubble UPnP Media server.

On this application App Bubble UPnP you can see Qobuz and Tidal.

On the top it is written: Lecteur local:
When we will push on this button, we will choose all the DLNA equipement on our network.
So at this place it will be written " Poly from Chord"
In my home, at this place I choose " Oppo BDP-103D".
And directly my music go throw the optical fiber between the blueray and the mojo.

...and with bubbleserver running you'll have access to your whole nas away from home

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #354 of 18,821
https://www.wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-wireless-pro.html.

And is your files is on an equipement like this one that has this own wifi network and is on battery for 8 hours.

Next TIDAL and QOBUZ, it will be written WD my passport.

I will show a picture as soon as possible.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #355 of 18,821
...and with bubbleserver running you'll have access to your whole nas away from home

I'm hoping its going to be better than this for subscription music. BubbleUPnP (and UAPP) can only stream live Tidal/QoBuz music, not offline stored which is only accessible via the Tidal/QoBuz/Spotify apps themselves. It needs to be as simple as power on the Mojopoly, run Tidal/Spotify/Qobuz app on your phone and just direct its output to the Mojopoly which is then sent over WiFi (casting?) retaining original source material quality bit-perfect and the apps controls for prev/next/volume all work to the Mojopoly.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #357 of 18,821
I think the price for this module is too high, i understand the features it offers but for my own use with mojo as portable device I wouldn't use this, I would rather just strap on a cheap Android phone and use OTG.. if the poly had a display so I could use it like a dap standalone, then that would have been great and might have warranted the price.

On another note, if it improves the SQ of the Mojo by a fair margin vs usb/optical from computer then I might retract my comment :)

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #359 of 18,821

I do have my Mojo currently stacked with a Sony Z5 mini and does work fine, but the Mojo-Poly solution is just so neat and I will be able to beam to it from my laptop or daily smart phone (S7). If it has the same 10,000 battery charge cycle as the Mojo it should last me many years.

If I'm understanding it correctly, I will be able to stream my offline Spotify Extreme content via the Spotify App straight from the phone or pc (Connect To Device option)  and also use the phone to play my DSD/FLAC selection straight off the card inserted in the Poly. A single power connection will neatly charge both and it can even stay on mains power while listening to music as needed. No need to ever split the Mojo & Poly just becoming a longer, more enhanced device. I can also change my smartphone without concern as I can always beam to the Mojopoly from my favourite app.

On this basis and the fact I can't move away from the Mojo's sound quality (just too good) I've just got the first Pre-order in at Nintronics for my Chord Poly with a £50 deposit which they have confirmed they will refund if I decide to cancel before release date if the reviews show it won't do what I want (got my Mojo's from Nintronics and excellent customer service plus usually one of first to get Chord releases).  Can pre-order by phone now but they said it should be up on the website today. Free postage too.

Looking forward to March now to start using
biggrin.gif
  Would offset the price shock if Chord would be nice enough to include the new longer case as a freebie  !!  Please !

Selling my mint Z5 mini should then help to offset some of the cost of the Poly 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back