Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 8, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #331 of 18,757

.... just love how the simple screen shot can resolve so much confusion.

If only the same was true of 'life'!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #332 of 18,757
This is not something I'll use as I like it all in one, including control point, for portable but it's an awesome product and extremely well conceptualized. Congrats. Those that already use Mojos on the go get nothing but benefits with the poly and lose previously required hard connections, cables, clock recovery etc etc. How can anyone have issue with more features and versatility?

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #333 of 18,757
This is not something I'll use as I like it all in one, including control point, for portable but it's an awesome product and extremely well conceptualized. Congrats. Those that already use Mojos on the go get nothing but benefits with the poly and lose previously required hard connections, cables, clock recovery etc etc. How can anyone have issue with more features and versatility?

I see it the same way.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #334 of 18,757
It either does, or it doesn't. To be honest that's a very disappointing reply from somebody who should know their product well.

It's just as well you own your own company, because if you worked for me I'd have torn you a new a***hole for saying that to me. I work with facts, not suppositions.

It's fine for somebody to tell me "I don't know", but it's never OK for somebody to tell me "I think so", or "I'm pretty sure" - I've been burnt too many times for me to tolerate that level of uncertainty.

Jeez! Why are some people looking for opportunities to be combative?!? Isn't this an adult hobby?

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #335 of 18,757
It either does, or it doesn't. To be honest that's a very disappointing reply from somebody who should know their product well.

It's just as well you own your own company, because if you worked for me I'd have torn you a new a***hole for saying that to me. I work with facts, not suppositions.

It's fine for somebody to tell me "I don't know", but it's never OK for somebody to tell me "I think so", or "I'm pretty sure" - I've been burnt too many times for me to tolerate that level of uncertainty.

Fortunately I don't work for you. I doubt many do with that attitude . Perhaps I should have qualified my uncertainty with the fact that I'm in LasVegas without instantaneous engineering support and the latest RF standards of Bluetooth audio formats are not my particular field of expertise. However if you have been following these threads you will see that I will come back to a question when I have a fully verified answer hopefully having done so I can retain a none stereo annus.

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #337 of 18,757
They do, but not Chord products because of Chord's Regional Distribution contracts.
Thank you. This is correct. Prices quoted on our website are accurate to where you are visiting our website from. You can change your location at the top of the website if needed. The Poly is £499.99 inclusive of UK 20% VAT.

I'm massively looking forward to seeing poly in action. I already have roon so a MOJO endpoint will be quality for next to my bed then use it via Bluetooth on the go. I take a man bag on my walk to work and it annoys me having a vertere cable come from the bottom of my phone into my man bag then headphone cable also coming out. Then i look even worse when i put my phone in my pocket and the cable is poking up. So that's a benefit in my eyes.... So i can spend £900 on a Bluetooth Chord DAC for on the go or get a Bluetooth Hugo circa £1400 that doesn't have roon support or built in SDCard storage. Admittedly mojo doesn't sound like a Hugo but its a £500-600 saving. So that's why I'm personally looking forward to this being released.

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #338 of 18,757
Thank you. This is correct. Prices quoted on our website are accurate to where you are visiting our website from. You can change your location at the top of the website if needed. The Poly is £499.99 inclusive of UK 20% VAT.

I'm massively looking forward to seeing poly in action. I already have roon so a MOJO endpoint will be quality for next to my bed then use it via Bluetooth on the go. I take a man bag on my walk to work and it annoys me having a vertere cable come from the bottom of my phone into my man bag then headphone cable also coming out. Then i look even worse when i put my phone in my pocket and the cable is poking up. So that's a benefit in my eyes.... So i can spend £900 on a Bluetooth Chord DAC for on the go or get a Bluetooth Hugo circa £1400 that doesn't have roon support or built in SDCard storage. Admittedly mojo doesn't sound like a Hugo but its a £500-600 saving. So that's why I'm personally looking forward to this being released.

Are you a UK Chord authorised seller? Do you take payment upfront for pre-order of Poly?

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #339 of 18,757

Are you a UK Chord authorised seller? Do you take payment upfront for pre-order of Poly?

Yes, Phil is an authorised UK seller of Chord Electronics products.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #340 of 18,757

I understand your frustration with his answer and I see where you are coming from. I'd be frustrated too if I bought Poly on a supposition, but I'd never do that, and it sounds like you wouldn't either.

I do feel your response was a little over the top and uncalled for though. As displeased as I am with the price, I certainly wouldn't behave like that. If you don't like the Poly, the price, Chord, their attitude, knowledge, etc., don't buy it. No need to be so rude.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #344 of 18,757
My prediction: Mojo + Poly is going to blow the doors off anything else out there close to the same price. I suspect once people hear this in light of the competition they will find the Poly's price more acceptable.

My two cents: Chord fans should cut Chord some slack here and at least wait until some listening reports start appearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back