Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 8, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #316 of 18,757
Is this an app you guys created or are there random apps that work with it?

It's DLNA compatible so anything that can push DLNA will work with it, I'm assuming.  I used an app called Bubble uPnP to push DLNA to my Xbone before MS added the native app.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #317 of 18,757
I'm sorry if I've touched a nerve. Perhaps you could tell me which comment you disagree with and why?

1) A Mojo works fine without a Poly.

2) A Mojo is innovative and converts a variety of digital input streams into wonderful sound.

3) A Poly is a cobbled together box that manages to connect to a Mojo by a Heath-Robinson set of dummy plugs.

4) A Poly is an afterthought introduced to capitalise on the very successful Mojo.

​I'm assuming it's 3) or 4) ? If so, how does it mechanically connect  if not by dummy plugs? Was the Poly not conceived after the Mojo was released?

I have purchased two Mojos and think they are great. Do you really think insulting customers is a good way to run a business?
No nerves have been touched. Your premise is quite wrong however as we had an end of a product to connect too. And add on product that has been designed to mate with the original unit must actually do that It seemed logical to connect via the active HD USB and also to feed through the charging feed USB so that both units can be charged at the same time the outer two bosses are there only for lateral stability protecting both of the USBs. The connection works very well. We could of course if we'd chosen to follow your logic , designed a different single combined unit piece unit. however would not that have been a major slap in the face to our loyal Mojo customers like yourself by excluding them from using a Poly. Our design is far from being as you put it cobbled together it was the only way it could have been designed to support you guys and allow others to buy perhaps buy a Mojo and then at a later stage buy a Poly.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #318 of 18,757
It should be noted that the prices quoted are without U.K. Vat this is a 20 percent purchase tax so you can't buy at the price quoted also they will only become available during March and not before!

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #321 of 18,757
Jan 8, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #323 of 18,757
agree man...this is crazy...very uncivil some of the comments/tone on some of these threads.
is embarrassing.
sure you might be a bit choked, or disagree on pricing or whatever, but a big chill pill
needs to be swallowed to allow more clarification on questions/issues (jude videos?) etc.
guess this is what happens to an innovative product and company....breaks new ground
and alot of confusion can arise.

hope the dust will settle over the next 2 mo and better vibes can be had all around.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #324 of 18,757
  agree man...this is crazy...very uncivil some of the comments on some of these threads.
almost embarrassing.
sure you might be a bit choked, or disagree on pricing or whatever, but a big chill pill
needs to be swallowed to allow more clarification on questions (jude videos?) etc.

Anonymously posting insults to a CEO who uses his real name and company.  

it doesn't get any 'braver' than that...or any more self-revelatory either.  

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #325 of 18,757
If any representative of Chord choose not to participate further in these forums after such posts, they have my full understanding. 

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #326 of 18,757
about the mojo playing mqa in tidal.

Quote:
  Re:  Tidal     I initially didn't get "green" on Mojo from Tidal Masters until I chose, in Tidal settings, to have Tidal direct to Mojo.  

can you kindly clarify, please? 'tidal direct to mojo'....
i did a screen shot (LOVE that snipping tool
biggrin.gif
)...is this what you mean
(as you can see i'm using my iFi)

under 'sound output'? at bottom in pic...so the mojo would be here instead of ifi micro?

update:  Originally Posted by harpo1 

You have to hover over the mojo selection and you'll see a settings cog, select it
then select exclusive mode on the next screen.(see 2nd pic)

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #328 of 18,757
  If any representative of Chord choose not to participate further in these forums after such posts, they have my full understanding. 

Typical example of a loud-mouthed few ruining it for everybody... Lets hope the Chord guys see beyond that.

Should go without saying that constructive criticism is always great and furthers debates.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #329 of 18,757
can you kindly clarify, please? 'tidal direct to mojo'....
i did a screen shot (LOVE that snipping tool)...is this what you mean
(as you can see i'm using my iFi)

under 'sound output'? at bottom in pic...so the mojo would be here instead of ifi micro?

I know you asked not me. But I can confirm that Mojo is shown instead of iDSD. I tried it today afternoon.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #330 of 18,757
I know you asked not me. But I can confirm that Mojo is shown instead of iDSD. I tried it today afternoon.

good to hear it. thanks

you know how it is in trying to convey tech stuff like settings and such...and there are numerous tabs to go thru.
can lead to confusion easily.

just love how the simple screen shot can resolve so much confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back