Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #391 of 18,757
Jan 9, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #392 of 18,757
Jan 9, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #393 of 18,757
Add a storage slot or two into the MojoPoly case and we are good to go :)

On the other hand, will you be able to add and remove tracks from the SD card using the phone?
Current issues of software don't allow for this and you'd have to do this as you would with most DAPs by using a laptop however it's a valid function which would be nice to include so we will see what we can do for time of release, If we can build an internal DLNA server it should be possible to include these and even more functions. The power of Poly's processor will allow for tremendous flexibility and future adtaption over the coming years.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #395 of 18,757
Current issues of software don't allow for this and you'd have to do this as you would with most DAPs by using a laptop however it's a valid function which would be nice to include so we will see what we can do for time of release, If we can build an internal DLNA server it should be possible to include these and even more functions. The power of Poly's processor will allow for tremendous flexibility and future adtaption over the coming years.

Sorry for the question,but do you have any thoughts of a future 'desktop' version of Poly adding inputs ( + Ethernet RJ45) & outputs.( + USB with galvanic isolation , + BNC) ?
Thanks.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #398 of 18,757
  I will be able to answer this query, if someone can explain why different usb cables produce different sound keeping Source, Song, Player, DAC, headphone/Speaker and bit perfect data constant.

This isn't the place for that discussion (against forum rules to discuss cables outside the sound science forum).  Here's a good place to start reading up on it.

On an unrelated note, I'm really excited to hear that the Poly will be software upgradeable and that it has processing overhead to add functionality down the line.  This adds a lot of value IMHO and helps validate the price for those still on the fence.  Anyone have other ideas on what would be good functionality to add?  Personally, I'd like to see casting support added so any Android device can use the "cast" icon on any supported app and send audio to the Mojopoly.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #400 of 18,757
  When did you listen to Mojo+Poly  ?
popcorn.gif

What's your early impressions, please share

Ok I share my experience but probably you won't like it :)

I lived in Las Vegas and attended the CES show last Friday. I went to Chord's hotel room where they demonstrated their products and didn't expect the Poly was there. I was instantly interest in the Poly because I owned the Mojo. I play a few songs with the Hugo2 but that's about it, don't care. When I listen to the Mojo+Poly, nothing really stand out like I listen to a different DAP, or a different IEM. I always thought the Poly is just an add-on that gave more flexibility to the Mojo, and not the sound and I still believe this. When you're talking about cables, either IEM cables or micro to micro USB that connected between my Mojo+Phone and they change the sound, etc.... I won't debate you. You will win in this debate because I don't believe in this crap.

My impression on the Mojo is not the sound as I couldn't tell the differences. Tbh, I don't care and never pay attention to tiny details when I'm listen to music. This is the time for me to relax and not being analytical. I just put on my Vega, Mojo+Poly, and listen with Chord's music library, and enjoy the music. I don't see any unusual sound (good/bad) that jump out for me to take notice. I only spent about half an hour listen to the Mojo+Poly and another half an hour talk to the guys there, and learn about the Poly and what it could do. Maybe with the Poly, the sound of the Mojo is better, worse, or the same. I don't know but the main reason that I'm interested because of  the wireless and eliminate the micro usb between my Mojo and phone. That's enough justify $600 for me and anything else is a plus. Think of it as I'm buying a $600 invisible cable :)

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #402 of 18,757
Jan 9, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #404 of 18,757
  Thanks for the response over the pricing, i though it said that the £499 didnt include VAT.  Im getting used to that now its not such a shock.

One question i thought of will the poly allow a bluetooth connection from the phone for control and then a bluetooth connection to headphones for true wireless?

Why would you need Mojo in the loop then? Bluetooth transmits digital data, not analog. The DAC in the BT headset would end up doing the conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back