Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #3,241 of 18,775
According to my Macbook Pro and my iPhone, the Poly doesn't support AAC. My B&W P7W does connect using AAC instead of SBC so there is nothing wrong with my Macbook Pro.

The console from the iPhone says Codec = 0 which means SBC is used. My Macbook Pro also explicitly states that it uses SBC instead of AAC while i force enable AAC using the Developer tools from Xcode.

Will this be fixed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 20.10.47.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 20.10.47.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #3,243 of 18,775
According to my Macbook Pro and my iPhone, the Poly doesn't support AAC. My B&W P7W does connect using AAC instead of SBC so there is nothing wrong with my Macbook Pro.

The console from the iPhone says Codec = 0 which means SBC is used. My Macbook Pro also explicitly states that it uses SBC instead of AAC while i force enable AAC using the Developer tools from Xcode.

Will this be fixed?

There is nothing to fix. This is how it‘s meant to be. Bluetooth is more a third class citizien with poly/mojo more meant for control then for sending sound to poly. use airplay or one of the other protocols to send sound to your poly/mojo to get the best sound out of this $1000 device. i use bluetooth crap only for cheap speakers or on the go with Airpods.

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #3,244 of 18,775
This is even getting more funnier than I realised. I took my Chord Hugo 2 for some tests and this is what I discovered:
  • Chord Hugo 2 --> connects with APTX and SBC to my Macbook Pro
  • Poly --> only connects threw SBC
So the Chord Hugo 2 has better bluetooth capabilities?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #3,245 of 18,775
There is nothing to fix. This is how it‘s meant to be. Bluetooth is more a third class citizien with poly/mojo more meant for control then for sending sound to poly. use airplay or one of the other protocols to send sound to your poly/mojo to get the best sound out of this $1000 device. i use bluetooth crap only for cheap speakers or on the go with Airpods.

Yes, but it's just a basic option that is nice to have in 1 of those cases that you might need it. For me it's not a deal breaker as I use the SD player mostly (and they will add bluetooth control to the SD player). I was just super suprised to find this as I expected that the Poly would support atleast SBC, AAC and APTX as it is almost 2018 now?

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #3,246 of 18,775
Although I don't have a Poly yet, I've tried numerous Android MPD apps to push bits from my Linux MPD server to my Mojo. Of all the ones I've tried, I'm most satisfied with MPD Remote. It's has a lightweight and clean UI and does exactly what I want. I *think* it does gapless, but I'm not in front of my system right now, so I'd have to verify this. That being said, definitely worth checking out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.prezz.mpr

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #3,247 of 18,775
Just got word that my Poly pre-ordered waaay back in February will finally ship to me next week. So...yay?

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #3,250 of 18,775
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,252 of 18,775
its a 679$ add-on device .. instead of saying it should support the latest technology , you say it is perfect like this !
releasing a device without proper app , non clear function , not supporting latest tech ,with bugs ,
and charging 679$, is not correct in my book ..

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #3,253 of 18,775
its a 679$ add-on device .. instead of saying it should support the latest technology , you say it is perfect like this !
releasing a device without proper app , non clear function , not supporting latest tech ,with bugs ,
and charging 679$, is not correct in my book ..

To be fair though that is the norm in this hobby and Chord have released a product that is far less buggy than certain other companies who release dap after dap that do not fulfill what they are advertised to do, and remain buggy until the new model is released to which everybody laps it all up again!!
I’ve returned and had refunds on 3 daps due to them not doing what they were supposed to as basic advertised functions.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #3,254 of 18,775
To be fair though that is the norm in this hobby and Chord have released a product that is far less buggy than certain other companies who release dap after dap that do not fulfill what they are advertised to do, and remain buggy until the new model is released to which everybody laps it all up again!!
I’ve returned and had refunds on 3 daps due to them not doing what they were supposed to as basic advertised functions.
That still doesn’t make it ok

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #3,255 of 18,775
This is even getting more funnier than I realised. I took my Chord Hugo 2 for some tests and this is what I discovered:
  • Chord Hugo 2 --> connects with APTX and SBC to my Macbook Pro
  • Poly --> only connects threw SBC
So the Chord Hugo 2 has better bluetooth capabilities?

The Aptx protocol is not supported by Apple phones and unfortunately if you have Aptx decoding receiver, tranmitters without it can tend to sound worse than straight A2dp so as our Mojo Dac does a fair job even with straight Bluetooth audio. We choose to not include it. Additionally the RF Can and board assembly with Aptx is 1.5 square inches when we only had 3 inches to play with it for all circuitry and so would have been a nonsense to try to fit it when it would make fifty percent of users disatified in any case. Bluetooth for us was always for the Gofigure control and as the last resort music transfer option nothing more as we are giving you virtually every other better option and that certainly is no laughing matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back