Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 8, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #17,581 of 18,783
Step 5 doesn’t seem to complete.

I get the red/green/blue light, but for less than a minute.

Then rather then turning off the light just turns into a steady ‘WiFi connected’ status.

If I watch the router traffic I can see a brief download of a 10k/s for a few seconds - which then stops.
From memory I think my experience was similar to some other posters, in that we didn't think the Poly had updated correctly, but when we checked using GoFigure it turned out that Poly had really updated.
Does GoFigure still indicate v1.43?

Feb 11, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #17,586 of 18,783
Sorry if the answer to this is already buried in this long and helpful thread.

I have been using a Mojo2 with Poly (firmware 3.0) for exactly a year now without problems and with great joy. Yesterday, Gofigure and MaximumMPD suddenly stopped recognizing my Poly (as did Roon). The other abnormal thing I've noted since this started is that the P. Status light shows steady blue light whether attached to powered off Mojo2 or simply sitting for hours detached from Mojo2 (with no charger attached to either). Since I can only do a factory reset (not even knowing if this would help) if Gofigure recognizes the Poly, I'm stuck about how I might fix this problem. Hope someone might help.

Sandy

Feb 11, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #17,587 of 18,783

I have been using a Mojo2 with Poly (firmware 3.0) for exactly a year now without problems and with great joy. Yesterday, Gofigure and MaximumMPD suddenly stopped recognizing my Poly (as did Roon). The other abnormal thing I've noted since this started is that the P. Status light shows steady blue light whether attached to powered off Mojo2 or simply sitting for hours detached from Mojo2 (with no charger attached to either). Since I can only do a factory reset (not even knowing if this would help) if Gofigure recognizes the Poly, I'm stuck about how I might fix this problem. Hope someone might help.

Sandy
This does sound odd because I think a constant blue light normally means that Poly is waiting for something (eg GoFigure) to comuunicate with it via bluetooth.
However you mention that GoFigure no longer recognises the Poly - is GoFigure installed on an Apple or Android device, that has recently had an OS update and lost your original Bluetooth settings.
You could search the Poly FAQ, but the alternative is to email Chord at support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what advice they can provide.

Feb 11, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #17,588 of 18,783

Sandy
I would let it run down to zero charge, then fully charge it and try again. Sounds a bit like the old “brick” issue.

Feb 12, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #17,590 of 18,783
Hi how to bit perfect stream tidal from android to poly+mojo2, I not use roon. And i tried Bubble UPNP and it was not bitperfect only 44,1 khz max. So cant stream Master tracks lossless. You know a good thid party upnp app to steam tidal ?
BubbleUPNP will stream from Tidal Bit perfect but you won't get any MQA decoding/ unfolding because the Mojo2 doesn't support MQA. Mojo2 will just play the 44.1khz 24bit the same as it would play 44.1khz 16 bit audio.

I also own the 2Go/2Yu and when connected to a DAC that can decode MQA (Ifi Gryphon in my case) I do get full MQA decoding so I know Bubble will do bit perfect.

MConnect on Android will do the first software unfold of MQA streaming from Tidal though, or it did last time I tried it.

Feb 13, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #17,594 of 18,783
I was using the poly only at home and I got a separate streamer for that. With Roon Arc now I just plug my mojo directly to my phone so I don't really have a use case for it.
I use Roon ARC too but I just can't get along with any phone to external DAC and the cables always eventually let me down when on the go. If Chord would/could add Roon ARC support to Poly/2Go then that would be awesome. Please Chord. :).

If I was an Apple user then I've been informed that I could send Roon ARC over Airplay to the Poly, one day maybe.

Feb 13, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #17,595 of 18,783
I use Roon ARC too but I just can't get along with any phone to external DAC and the cables always eventually let me down when on the go. If Chord would/could add Roon ARC support to Poly/2Go then that would be awesome. Please Chord. :).

If I was an Apple user then I've been informed that I could send Roon ARC over Airplay to the Poly, one day maybe.
They can't even add Spotify connect let alone Roon arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back