Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #17,566 of 18,780
I use Rigelian as an MPD controller and have a 'cover.jpg' in each folder. That's the only way I can get cover art to show up but I'm not sure if that's just Rigelian or a requirement of the MPD version.
I tried to insert the cover.jpg file inside a folder with the album image but it didn't work, I still don't see the cover in both M.A.L.P and MAFA, is there any android user using a MPD controller for the MicroSD that managed to display the cover?

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #17,567 of 18,780
I tried to insert the cover.jpg file inside a folder with the album image but it didn't work, I still don't see the cover in both M.A.L.P and MAFA, is there any android user using a MPD controller for the MicroSD that managed to display the cover?
I can only speak for Rigelian, but once the Poly has finished updating its SD card database (the Poly's LED finishes flashing) I need to update the Rigelian db, too.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #17,568 of 18,780
I can only speak for Rigelian, but once the Poly has finished updating its SD card database (the Poly's LED finishes flashing) I need to update the Rigelian db, too.
I succeeded, it was enough to activate an option on MAFA that allowed the visualization of the cover.jpg file inside the folder.

As far as albums are concerned, the problem is solved, but the fact is that I have folders with singles and each one has its own cover image incorporated. By inserting the cover.jpg file in these folders, it applies the image to all singles without distinction

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #17,569 of 18,780
I succeeded, it was enough to activate an option on MAFA that allowed the visualization of the cover.jpg file inside the folder.

As far as albums are concerned, the problem is solved, but the fact is that I have folders with singles and each one has its own cover image incorporated. By inserting the cover.jpg file in these folders, it applies the image to all singles without distinction
Poly is currently on MPD 0.21.11. Embedded art is only in 0.22 onwards. Hopefully, there'll be another update at some point.

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #17,573 of 18,780
Feb 8, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #17,574 of 18,780
This is going to sound like ancient history to everyone here, but I bought a used Poly to use with my Mojo v1.

Thanks to the fantastic help, software advice etc in this thread I have my SD card working with MPDluxe, Roon works perfectly, as does airplay from my iphone.

So all seems good - except the Poly is on 1.43 firmware.

I followed Chord's instructions to upgrade to 2.0x. I get as far as GoFigure quitting after requesting the firmware update after checking I have power, no sdcard etc.

I then power off the mojo, wait for the poly to power off too. When I power back on I get the green/red/blue light cycling - but that stops after less than a minute and I get a constant wifi connected light (so I don't get a 20 minute wait - followed my the led turning off as I'd hoped)

So I guess that the Poly isn't able to download the update.

I saw some advice here about deleting and reinstalling GoFigure - which I tried didn't seem to help.

Any advice?

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #17,575 of 18,780
This is going to sound like ancient history to everyone here, but I bought a used Poly to use with my Mojo v1.

Thanks to the fantastic help, software advice etc in this thread I have my SD card working with MPDluxe, Roon works perfectly, as does airplay from my iphone.

So all seems good - except the Poly is on 1.43 firmware.

I followed Chord's instructions to upgrade to 2.0x. I get as far as GoFigure quitting after requesting the firmware update after checking I have power, no sdcard etc.

I then power off the mojo, wait for the poly to power off too. When I power back on I get the green/red/blue light cycling - but that stops after less than a minute and I get a constant wifi connected light (so I don't get a 20 minute wait - followed my the led turning off as I'd hoped)

So I guess that the Poly isn't able to download the update.

I saw some advice here about deleting and reinstalling GoFigure - which I tried didn't seem to help.

Any advice?
Been a while since I did the upgrade.
If memory is correct, I'd suggest leaving Poly connected to the WIFI, whilst charging for an hour or so, then try to update again via Gofigure.

If that doesn't work, you can always cycle through the audio menu of Poly using the pin or paperclip

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #17,576 of 18,780
Been a while since I did the upgrade.
If memory is correct, I'd suggest leaving Poly connected to the WIFI, whilst charging for an hour or so, then try to update again via Gofigure.

If that doesn't work, you can always cycle through the audio menu of Poly using the pin or paperclip
Thanks - I tried leaving it connected to WiFi for the afternoon - I get the same issue - less than a minute of colour cycling after a restart - and then it resumes normal Wi Fi connection.

I also tried the pin - I wonder if they removed the firmware update option in 1.43? It cycles through the voice options- but after 'factory reset' it goes back to the start.

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #17,577 of 18,780
Thanks - I tried leaving it connected to WiFi for the afternoon - I get the same issue - less than a minute of colour cycling after a restart - and then it resumes normal Wi Fi connection.

I also tried the pin - I wonder if they removed the firmware update option in 1.43? It cycles through the voice options- but after 'factory reset' it goes back to the start.
Did you follow exactly the instructions in the FAQ, for updating to v2.0?

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #17,580 of 18,780
Starting with the assumption that Step 5 has completed, are you able to perform Step 6 and get a green light?
Step 5 doesn’t seem to complete.

I get the red/green/blue light, but for less than a minute.

Then rather then turning off the light just turns into a steady ‘WiFi connected’ status.

If I watch the router traffic I can see a brief download of a 10k/s for a few seconds - which then stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back