Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 21, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #16,606 of 18,770
Finally bit the bullet and updated to 3.0 I'm getting the same multiple-entry error for Genre and Artist looking at the SD card under uPnP as reported earlier, but as I mainly use MPD its less of an issue. Bit of a shame that its only updated MPD to 0.21.11, an old version that was released in July 2019. Its now up to 0.23.5, released this month, and there's been innumerable bug fixes and enhancements in between: MPD Changelog

Jan 3, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #16,607 of 18,770
Apologies if this has been addressed before but when streaming to the poly from Apple Music player on Mac (OS Monterey) the sound crackles constantly. Have tried from an Intel MacBook as well as an M1 Mac mini. All is fine if I AirPlay to the poly from my iPhone and if I stream from my mac to a raspberry pi running volumio. I am using the latest firmware for the poly and Mac OS. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #16,608 of 18,770
< still loving mojo n poly, mojo 2 has got some big boots to fill.

How you like me naaaaaoow

This post is thread clutter, p00n at will…

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #16,609 of 18,770
Trying to update my firmware, but every time I try, the Go Figure app tells me that it lost the connection with the Poly after the progress bar moves 5-10%. Tried four times, even did a factory reset. Loses connection every time at the same point.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #16,610 of 18,770
Trying to update my firmware, but every time I try, the Go Figure app tells me that it lost the connection with the Poly after the progress bar moves 5-10%.
That used to happen to me a lot but the upgraded firmware improved matters. I think the Poly might use bluetooth to connect your phone so make sure you can get a good connection. If there are a lot of wireless networks near you it could be interference that is interrupting the connection. Wireless keyboards and mice can interfere too so be mindful of that.

I've been in your situation so I know how frustrating it can be. I have cursed my Poly more times than I can count. The latest firmware is a lot better so you can have that to look forward to.

Also try to restart the phone you are using to connect. Maybe even try another device if you have one you can use.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #16,611 of 18,770
Trying to update my firmware, but every time I try, the Go Figure app tells me that it lost the connection with the Poly after the progress bar moves 5-10%. Tried four times, even did a factory reset. Loses connection every time at the same point.
That should be a normal thing to lost the connection during the update process. Chord also recomments don't to try to connect to poly during the update.

I haven't done the update yet, the last is long time ago. But i remember that it lost the connection too.

If this isn't the issue, is your Internet too slow maybe?

Which is your actual version?

Please be patient after pressing the Update Button. Otherwise un- and reinstall GoFigure and try again. Or If you have, try another device to update.

I'll try to update the next days to remind the process itself.

Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #16,612 of 18,770
If this isn't the issue, is your Internet too slow maybe?
That's a good point. I assumed the connection was over bluetooth above, but maybe it's over wifi. Doing a factory update would wipe the WiFi settings and then force bluetooth to be used. So maybe it's best to ensure the Poly has a good connection to WiFi too.

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #16,613 of 18,770
That's a good point. I assumed the connection was over bluetooth above, but maybe it's over wifi. Doing a factory update would wipe the WiFi settings and then force bluetooth to be used. So maybe it's best to ensure the Poly has a good connection to WiFi too.
Did you use a mobile as wifi hotspot or even the internet at home?

Please correct me someone, but bluetooth is only the way to "communicate" via GoFigure to your Poly. shutdown/ restart of bluetooth task/ service -> loosing connection from GoFigure to Poly is normal process during the update.

By pressing the Update Button in GoFigure you initiate the Poly to communicate via WiFi to pull the new firmware from Chord Server source (AWS?) address behind the software button).

@mechaMecha
What is your actual Firmware? I remember/ read about issues with older/ release versions and several tries to update.

So,

- be sure to got an adequate WiFi connection near the router

- start the Update via GoFigure
-- be patient
--- try to connect again after time and check

- Update not succesfull?
-- un-/reinstall GoFigure and try again
---be patient

- still not succesfull?
--try another device with GoFigure to update

Failed again? Contact Support...

Or anybody else here recommend another way!?

Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #16,614 of 18,770
- still not succesfull?
--try another device with GoFigure to update

Thank you, that was the trick!

My Samsung phone had just updated to One UI 4.0 the other day, so I think maybe Go Figure isn't quite compatible with the new phone OS. Then I tried a Samsung tablet with an older version of One UI and it worked.

It was still a bit confusing, because Go Figure's progress bar was at 50% or so when it gave me another "lost connection" message (as opposed to around 5% on my phone). When that happened, I was about to get VERRRY frustrated, but then I noticed that the Poly's status indicator was changing colors. After the LED color stopped changing, I connected Go Figure again and it showed that the Poly firmware had been updated to 3.0.

Thank you, @JaquesGelee and @kennyb123 for taking the time to help. Much appreciated!

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #16,615 of 18,770
Thank you, that was the trick!

My Samsung phone had just updated to One UI 4.0 the other day, so I think maybe Go Figure isn't quite compatible with the new phone OS. Then I tried a Samsung tablet with an older version of One UI and it worked.

It was still a bit confusing, because Go Figure's progress bar was at 50% or so when it gave me another "lost connection" message (as opposed to around 5% on my phone). When that happened, I was about to get VERRRY frustrated, but then I noticed that the Poly's status indicator was changing colors. After the LED color stopped changing, I connected Go Figure again and it showed that the Poly firmware had been updated to 3.0.

Thank you, @JaquesGelee and @kennyb123 for taking the time to help. Much appreciated!
Therefore we are here...to interact, trading experiences and enjoying music.

Glad to help. :wink:

Cheers

Jan 8, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #16,616 of 18,770
Apologies if this has been addressed before but when streaming to the poly from Apple Music player on Mac (OS Monterey) the sound crackles constantly. Have tried from an Intel MacBook as well as an M1 Mac mini. All is fine if I AirPlay to the poly from my iPhone and if I stream from my mac to a raspberry pi running volumio. I am using the latest firmware for the poly and Mac OS. Anyone else experiencing this?
Just tried using Mconnect on Monterey 12.1 from M1 Pro MacBook Pro and I am not experiencing any issue with sound quality. Everything plays back correctly and the sample rate auto changes based on source material.

Tried Apple Music via AirPlay and everything plays fine as well.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #16,617 of 18,770
Just tried using Mconnect on Monterey 12.1 from M1 Pro MacBook Pro and I am not experiencing any issue with sound quality. Everything plays back correctly and the sample rate auto changes based on source material.

Tried Apple Music via AirPlay and everything plays fine as well.
The issue I have is if you select the poly as an output source under sound settings it works fine. However if you select it as an AirPlay source within the music player app then it plays as in my post. i use the remote app on my iPhone to play music to the poly from my mac as well as to other AirPlay sources around my home.

Jan 8, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #16,618 of 18,770
I don’t know about anyone else, but updating my Poly to Version 3.0.0 took all of 2 minutes and Mojo & Poly still work great.

Using a iphone 6S+ and a iphone 11 and a “unused and slated for the bin original ipad air“ and a ipad pro 2020 version. It works perfectly on each and everyone of them.

I know android was an after thought for poly, but apple users in my experience should not be having problems with their mojo & poly nowadays.

Happy Hunting guys.

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #16,619 of 18,770
I don’t know about anyone else, but updating my Poly to Version 3.0.0 took all of 2 minutes and Mojo & Poly still work great.

Using a iphone 6S+ and a iphone 11 and a “unused and slated for the bin original ipad air“ and a ipad pro 2020 version. It works perfectly on each and everyone of them.

I know android was an after thought for poly, but apple users in my experience should not be having problems with their mojo & poly nowadays.

Happy Hunting guys.
Same smooth experience with latest iPhone.

Jan 11, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #16,620 of 18,770
Hi folks.
Quick iphone / Spotify question. I've done lots of googling and searching on here, but not concluded yet....
QUESTION : Can i go out and about and stream spotify from 4G to my poly from my iphone? I've not got poly hotspot mode to work with airplay as there's then no internet.
Thoughts please.
Otherwise very very satisfied!
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back