Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 19, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #16,636 of 18,752
Okay, this might be it as well... I'll try different things but man if this is it, then chord has to do something about it. Not everyone knows tech.
I hear you. Which internet router are you using?

Jan 19, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #16,637 of 18,752
Like factory reset using the "sim card tool" that it has in the box?

Okay, this might be it as well... I'll try different things but man if this is it, then chord has to do something about it. Not everyone knows tech.
Tried both, in the end, the internet fiddling fixed the issue. I created a new network to be just for the Poly and Roon; it works flawlessly now, I also restored poly but it seems that the issue is related to the network as it still failed to work after doing that. Really odd. Possibly IP assignation..?

I hear you. Which internet router are you using?
TP-Link, nothing fancy really: https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B07451WCQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for the recommendations guys!

Jan 19, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #16,638 of 18,752
TP-Link, nothing fancy really
I had a look through the manual. If ipv6 is enabled, then I would advise either disabling ipv6 or seeing if enabling Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) Proxy helps. You actually have a router that’s packed with features, but the defaults should work for you.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #16,639 of 18,752
Like factory reset using the "sim card tool" that it has in the box?

I went inside the app and reset the device from there.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #16,640 of 18,752
Tried both, in the end, the internet fiddling fixed the issue. I created a new network to be just for the Poly and Roon; it works flawlessly now, I also restored poly but it seems that the issue is related to the network as it still failed to work after doing that. Really odd. Possibly IP assignation..?

TP-Link, nothing fancy really: https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B07451WCQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for the recommendations guys!
Couldn’t you just assign a static IP?

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #16,641 of 18,752
I went inside the app and reset the device from there.
I would guess its equally efective using the tool… i think…

It already had one, and a very specific one, did a check on services using that ip on my laptop as well as on other devices that may cause conflict but it seemed that everything was alright… networking isn’t my forte but it was really strange…

Jan 25, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #16,642 of 18,752
I had a similar issue with my Poly a while back when I upgraded my router to a Ubiquiti Dream Machine. The issue turned out to be that despite my router offering both 2.4 & 5Ghz on the same SSID the Poly wouldn't connect. I created a separate 2.4Ghz SSID and the Poly has connected to it perfectly ever since.

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #16,643 of 18,752
After hearing about Firmware 3.0 and seeing it on the Chord website, I thought maybe get Poly. However it looks folk are still struggling.

Am not sure Poly would be for me anyway sadly, from the perspective of battery life of my phone. I understand that unless you make playlists of albums, the phone needs to be in wifi connect. Thus sucking juice from the battery while Mojo Poly play. Am not criticising - am just saying, honestly.

I doubt my phone would even run an eight hour playing, if I was using MojoPoly out and about. Like if you're out for a day. I think even a five hour listening might, leave me with barely any phone battery. My phone battery isn't brilliant. (I had to buy a phone for ruggedness as top priority. Battery power had to be a compromise.)

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #16,644 of 18,752
After hearing about Firmware 3.0 and seeing it on the Chord website, I thought maybe get Poly. However it looks folk are still struggling.

Am not sure Poly would be for me anyway sadly, from the perspective of battery life of my phone. I understand that unless you make playlists of albums, the phone needs to be in wifi connect. Thus sucking juice from the battery while Mojo Poly play. Am not criticising - am just saying, honestly.

I doubt my phone would even run an eight hour playing, if I was using MojoPoly out and about. Like if you're out for a day. I think even a five hour listening might, leave me with barely any phone battery. My phone battery isn't brilliant. (I had to buy a phone for ruggedness as top priority. Battery power had to be a compromise.)
It depends what your music source is. I play mostly off the SD card when mobile and via Roon when at home.
Playing via the SD means all the "hard work" is being done by Poly, I keep my phone locked and only unlock it to change albums which uses a negligible amount of battery

Jan 26, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #16,645 of 18,752
It depends what your music source is. I play mostly off the SD card when mobile and via Roon when at home.
Playing via the SD means all the "hard work" is being done by Poly, I keep my phone locked and only unlock it to change albums which uses a negligible amount of battery

Yes I meant as SD-card playback only. I never meant to stream files from my phone.

However I thought the phone had to be talking constantly to the Poly to maintain SD-card playback of albums. I figured that would eat up my phone battery.

Jan 26, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #16,646 of 18,752
Yes I meant as SD-card playback only. I never meant to stream files from my phone.

However I thought the phone had to be talking constantly to the Poly to maintain SD-card playback of albums. I figured that would eat up my phone battery.
I didn't think that was the case but thought I'd double check. I started some music playing from the SD card using the 8Player Pro app on my phone and then put the phone in flight mode. The music continues to play uninterrupted. However, it didn't automatically play the next track in the album until I took the phone out of flight mode again, so it seems the app needs to tell Poly to play the next track (I imagine unless you have playlist that you play rather than track by track on an album).

I'm still pretty confident the data going between the phone and Poly is minimal when playing off the SD card.

Jan 26, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #16,647 of 18,752
I didn't think that was the case but thought I'd double check. I started some music playing from the SD card using the 8Player Pro app on my phone and then put the phone in flight mode. The music continues to play uninterrupted. However, it didn't automatically play the next track in the album until I took the phone out of flight mode again, so it seems the app needs to tell Poly to play the next track (I imagine unless you have playlist that you play rather than track by track on an album).

I'm still pretty confident the data going between the phone and Poly is minimal when playing off the SD card.

By the looks of what you said, you are right. That opens up the possibility of me trying Poly. Have been wanting to for a long time.

Thank you very much.

Jan 26, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #16,648 of 18,752
By the looks of what you said, you are right. That opens up the possibility of me trying Poly. Have been wanting to for a long time.

Thank you very much.
I suggest wait a week or two.
My Poly is updated to firmware v3, in reediness for the 'additional functionality' that presumably will be available with Mojo2.
The 'additional functionality' is very intriguing, but maybe what that means will only be clear after the 31st.
If you already have a Poly then try it, but otherwise wait a few days until we know more about the Mojo2, before buying a Poly.

Jan 26, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #16,649 of 18,752

It is possible to use Gofigure only for selected bluetooth, WiFi or Hot spot mode of the Poly or Hotspot mode of your phone.

With android and hotspot mode, M.A.L.P. starts the playlist stored on the poly. You can turn off your phone When the playlist is runing.
Some tracks later, if you restart your phone and M.A.L.P., You will see the playlist runing in the memory of the Poly.

With Maximize MPD on iOS and hotspot mode , it is the same.

With the DLNA applications, like Bubble UPnP or mconnect HD, your phone can not be turned OFF.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #16,650 of 18,752

It's not a big load, your phone just sends instructions so if you queue multiple files the queue will just be stored within poly and it will handle everything by itself. If you want to change a song or pause the music you'll have to connect again but it really isn't a big load on your phone, I would compare it to loading a webpage and submitting data.

The only thing that I imagine that might stay as a stream is the song progression in your MPD app but still is very minimal and it will just happen as long as you keep the connection open with poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back