Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 20, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #16,157 of 18,883
quick question for those who might know the answer...I pre ordered the 2go for my hugo 2 and then canceled the order when I read about all the problems and issues early on...I lost track of the product but now see that there is a new firmware that is supposed to fix many of the problems...here is my question...my intention was to use the 2go and hugo2 with 2 SD cards and access my music that way from the player...I quickly learned how difficult it would be...no ability to read both cards at once and the difficulty of accessing the music etc....have these issues been fixed with the new firmware and if I was to buy one today would I be able to install the 2 SD cards and access and play my music without all sorts of difficulties?

May 20, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #16,158 of 18,883
Can anyone answer on comment on streaming quality on the Poly vs using the WiFi receiver on your phone or a DAP and how the two differ? I’m not talking about downloaded files here. I’m trying to decide whether or not I should go the DAP route instead of using a “streamer” or Bluetooth receiver. Has anyone compared?

May 20, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #16,160 of 18,883
Can anyone answer on comment on streaming quality on the Poly vs using the WiFi receiver on your phone or a DAP and how the two differ? I’m not talking about downloaded files here. I’m trying to decide whether or not I should go the DAP route instead of using a “streamer” or Bluetooth receiver. Has anyone compared?
The poly as a streamer to Mojo is excellent. A DAP fed into Mojo is also excellent.

Bluetooth as a whole is not going to give you the quality of either the Poly or a DAP, but it is convenient.

I guess you need to clarify your question. If you are asking if files streamed are better or worse than played natively, the answer would be it depends.

May 20, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #16,161 of 18,883
The poly as a streamer to Mojo is excellent. A DAP fed into Mojo is also excellent.

Bluetooth as a whole is not going to give you the quality of either the Poly or a DAP, but it is convenient.

I guess you need to clarify your question. If you are asking if files streamed are better or worse than played natively, the answer would be it depends.

if I use my phone to play Tidal, would that be utilizing the Poly as a “streamer” as per your example, being excellent? Or would it be Bluetooth, or Bluetooth quality?

May 20, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #16,162 of 18,883
if I use my phone to play Tidal, would that be utilizing the Poly as a “streamer” as per your example, being excellent? Or would it be Bluetooth, or Bluetooth quality?
For reference, I'm a Qobuz fan, not Tidal.

But yes, using your phone (connected via WiFi) to stream Tidal to the poly will allow full resolution if you use a program like MConnect or the Android equivalent. If you have iOS and use airplay, it will be CD quality.

Regardless, Bluetooth (even in LDAC form) will be inferior sound quality.

May 20, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #16,163 of 18,883
For reference, I'm a Qobuz fan, not Tidal.

But yes, using your phone (connected via WiFi) to stream Tidal to the poly will allow full resolution if you use a program like MConnect or the Android equivalent. If you have iOS and use airplay, it will be CD quality.

Regardless, Bluetooth (even in LDAC form) will be inferior sound quality.
Thanks!!! Seems like a solid option. I don’t know why people even bother with daps.

I called a local headphone store and the guy said he had intel from chord that there’ll be a new mojo very soon but I find it so hard to believe

May 20, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #16,164 of 18,883
I use a DAP because I like to have the physical music as opposed to streaming when I travel and worrying about a satisfactory wi-fi signal

May 20, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #16,165 of 18,883
Thanks!!! Seems like a solid option. I don’t know why people even bother with daps.

I called a local headphone store and the guy said he had intel from chord that there’ll be a new mojo very soon but I find it so hard to believe
you can find used mojo/poly at a very attractive price now and I believe poly is good enough for regular use with minimal headaches. The fact that poly plays native 192khz flac streamed from Qobuz or local DLNA server means that no DAP can compete in terms of the limitless music library. If you a frequent flyer (or going to be), you can load up a 1TB microSD card with flac and use poly like any other DAP.

Also, I wouldn't throw too much money at portable gear - they are fine for what they are but not even close to good desktop gear.

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #16,166 of 18,883
you can find used mojo/poly at a very attractive price now and I believe poly is good enough for regular use with minimal headaches. The fact that poly plays native 192khz flac streamed from Qobuz or local DLNA server means that no DAP can compete in terms of the limitless music library. If you a frequent flyer (or going to be), you can load up a 1TB microSD card with flac and use poly like any other DAP.

Also, I wouldn't throw too much money at portable gear - they are fine for what they are but not even close to good desktop gear.

I will definitely check the used market.

my situation is a bit different. When I listen to headphones, I take advantage of being able to take the stereo field with me. In other words, I can’t sit still and listen music. I have to be walking around. My desktop amp is my universal audio interface which should be good enough

May 21, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #16,168 of 18,883
i just realized, I enjoy listening to live concerts on YouTube and also watching. Does the Poly receive YouTube from your phone (Bluetooth?) if so, would there be a lot of lag?
There is a small lag with Bluetooth on my iPad Mini 5. I cannot detect any lag with Airplay. I cannot test Bluetooth on my Android phone as it will not connect to Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back