Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 26, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #15,436 of 18,790
Got it, very good point, it makes perfect sense, thank you. So in which scenario Poly’s Hot Spot mode would be in its best use?

As far as playing back from the SD card, I would love to make an identical copy of my Roon library (music library, playlists, favorites, etc.) to the SD card and control via Glider. However, I tested it by an album in FLAC format and an album in AIFF. All metadata in the AIFF album was completely not recognized by Poly’s MPD, but the FLAC album works fine (except for a wrong album artwork, not sure if it comes from Glider). All metadata are embedded in each of my music files (I used Metadastics app to edit metadata before I import albums in my library on a NAS that runs Roon). When I run MinimServer on the NAS and use Glider on the control end, all metadata works fine. I am not sure why the AIFF format doesn’t work with the Poly MPD + Glider. I do not know much about MPD, is there any good article or YouTube video out there that explains step by step on how to set up the SD card playback on Poly?
Thanks
Poly uses a version of MPD that's now a few years out of date and Chord have been slow to update. MPD is open source and continuously updated with bug fixes and new features. Resolving AIFF tagging issues is one such bug fix. Album art is another. Homesite is musicpd.org

Jul 26, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #15,437 of 18,790
Poly uses a version of MPD that's now a few years out of date and Chord have been slow to update. MPD is open source and continuously updated with bug fixes and new features. Resolving AIFF tagging issues is one such bug fix. Album art is another. Homesite is musicpd.org
Thanks! So I have to wait until Chord to update Poly’s MPD. Do you know if it is possible to install MinimServer in Poly instead? That is the best and free UPnP server software I had ever used before I bite the bullet and paid for Roon. MPD seems to have limitations. Thanks.

Jul 26, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #15,438 of 18,790
Thanks! So I have to wait until Chord to update Poly’s MPD. Do you know if it is possible to install MinimServer in Poly instead? That is the best and free UPnP server software I had ever used before I bite the bullet and paid for Roon. MPD seems to have limitations. Thanks.
Not sure I understand your post. MPD is not a UPnP server. Poly already has a UPnP server called MiniDLNA which may not be as good as MinimServer but seems to work fine with mconnect or 8player.

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #15,439 of 18,790
Roon is biggest audiophile scam in history and 100% waste of money. Cause of the big hit sound quality wise. Even sbc bluetooth surpass easily poisoned degenerated roon streams.

Best Way: Stay with mojopoly on mpd, use somekind of mpd app like m.a.l.p. that is direct 100% bit perfect stream.

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #15,441 of 18,790
Roon is biggest audiophile scam in history and 100% waste of money. Cause of the big hit sound quality wise. Even sbc bluetooth surpass easily poisoned degenerated roon streams.

Best Way: Stay with mojopoly on mpd, use somekind of mpd app like m.a.l.p. that is direct 100% bit perfect stream.

I love Roon and use it every day, about half the time with mojo poly.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #15,443 of 18,790

Yeah, I love Roon, too. It sounds great on my mojopoly, my headphone system, and my two channel system.

Aug 2, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #15,444 of 18,790
Has anyone managed to get the SD cards inside the Poly to show up in Audirvana? If so, how did you do it? :p

If this is not possible, does Roon allow this (I really do not want to spend $700 for a silly music player so I do my best to avoid it).

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #15,445 of 18,790

I hate roon for other reasons but I'm usually alone in my opinions. So, hello and welcome :D

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #15,446 of 18,790
I got an other question. Has it been established what the best sounding app (DLNA) is for iPhone?

Seems that Audivrana sounds better than the SD playback of the Chord Poly.

So maybe I am using the wrong iPhone app (Mconnect)

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #15,447 of 18,790
I noticed at various points that some tracks would be missing from an album on the poly SD card. After a bit of figuring out I've realized that in Rigelian tracks and also whole albums are missing when there is an accent or similar in the filename or track metadata (I'm not sure which as if the song has an accent in the name it's in the filename as well as track info metadata). They show up in Glider so it seems to be a Rigelian issue rather than Poly not indexing the files. I'll put a request into their support and see what comes back.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #15,448 of 18,790
They show up in Glider so it seems to be a Rigelian issue rather than Poly not indexing the files. I'll put a request into their support and see what comes back.

As strange as this might sound Glider is more stable in IOS 14 beta than earlier versions. Also, I have found deleting these 3 files (art-cache.tar / dlna-sdfr3ee.dat / mpd.db) from the SD card and letting Poly rebuild helps in making all appear proper. Can't speak for Rigellian, but I have had success with Glider, 8 Player and Mconnect when deleting those files

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #15,449 of 18,790
Yeah, I love Roon, too. It sounds great on my mojopoly, my headphone system, and my two channel system.

I don’t like Roon because I boycott the “rental business model” that is emerging today in general.

What is your opinion about the sound quality of Audirvana versus Roon?

Aug 3, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #15,450 of 18,790
I don’t like Roon because I boycott the “rental business model” that is emerging today in general.

Are you still using Windows 2000? It doesn’t matter if you buy (and rebuy) or rent. It’s all about continued improvement and features as hardware, etc. changes. You end up getting/paying the same in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back