Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 7, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #15,406 of 18,780
Hi Mike. You are absolutely correct. We did internally update the MPD version in Poly last year but it resulted in introducing more bugs than it fixed so we decided to wait. It is still the plan to update Poly with a newer MPD version and combine the feedback we have received from 2Go into the streaming code for both products. Before anyone asks though I am not going to give out any timescales at the moment until we see how the Covid situation is easing.
Thanks for the feedback Matt. I think many owners/posters will have found it interesting.
Hopefully you will have better luck, when you next try updating the MPD version.

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #15,407 of 18,780
I‘m really happy with my Mojo/ Poly especially at home in combination with Roon as a source for my Lehmann Drachenfels headphone amp and the Grado GH4 headphones... My question is for the „on the run“ use with the iPhone... I currently steam from the Qobuz App via AirPlay. But this is a loss of resolution as AirPlay delivers just 44.1 kHz. Is there another steaming on iPhone available without loss of resolution?

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #15,408 of 18,780
I‘m really happy with my Mojo/ Poly especially at home in combination with Roon as a source for my Lehmann Drachenfels headphone amp and the Grado GH4 headphones... My question is for the „on the run“ use with the iPhone... I currently steam from the Qobuz App via AirPlay. But this is a loss of resolution as AirPlay delivers just 44.1 kHz. Is there another steaming on iPhone available without loss of resolution?

Not OTA as far as I know... you would need to leave the Poly at home and wire the Mojo to your iPhone via a Lightning-to-Micro USB OTG cable. Essentially this is what the rubber straps that came with your Mojo are intended to be used for.

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #15,409 of 18,780
Not OTA as far as I know... you would need to leave the Poly at home and wire the Mojo to your iPhone via a Lightning-to-Micro USB OTG cable. Essentially this is what the rubber straps that came with your Mojo are intended to be used for.
Thanks for the reply... of course I’m aware of this variant but hoped there would be a wireless possibility... btw even with AirPlay the sound is great for on the run but it would be nicer to have the chance to keep the high resolution..

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #15,410 of 18,780
Thanks for the reply... of course I’m aware of this variant but hoped there would be a wireless possibility... btw even with AirPlay the sound is great for on the run but it would be nicer to have the chance to keep the high resolution..
The other option for hi-res on the go is if you have audio files on disc you could copy to a microSD card and then control playback with your iPhone and an app like Rigelian. It’s not streaming though, only playback of microSD card files if you were interested in that.

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #15,411 of 18,780
The other option for hi-res on the go is if you have audio files on disc you could copy to a microSD card and then control playback with your iPhone and an app like Rigelian. It’s not streaming though, only playback of microSD card files if you were interested in that.
Thanks a lot... I knew :) My question is more regarding streaming offline music out of the Qobuz app, which can’t be played from the sd card.. so no low hanging fruits, I think 🤔

Jul 10, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #15,412 of 18,780
Thanks a lot... I knew :) My question is more regarding streaming offline music out of the Qobuz app, which can’t be played from the sd card.. so no low hanging fruits, I think 🤔
I have the same question as you, and I think (as I don't own a Poly) that the way to get Hi-Res streaming music from your phone to your Mojo wireless using Poly is via Roon at home and via a DNLA app on the go. Where I am struggling with Poly as good value is:
  1. At home, the same thing can be accomplished with a $200 Pi streamer, although it would not be as mobile with-in your home
  2. On-the-go it appears that streaming app -> DNLA app -> Poly -> Mojo is more trouble than it is worth and thus most just use AirPlay at 44.1/16
The killer product would be a Poly with a native streaming app that can play music from any and all streaming services. The product that comes closest to this is the Bluesound Node (which I have owned). But, that is not a mobile product and the BluOS UI is not great as compared to the native streaming apps or Roon.

I am still on the fence about the Poly, I think there is a good argument to made that AirPlay and upscaling with the Mojo is more than good enough. Given, I don't think I will be doing much on-the-go in the near future no need to make any decision right now.

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #15,413 of 18,780
I have the same question as you, and I think (as I don't own a Poly) that the way to get Hi-Res streaming music from your phone to your Mojo wireless using Poly is via Roon at home and via a DNLA app on the go. Where I am struggling with Poly as good value is:
  1. At home, the same thing can be accomplished with a $200 Pi streamer, although it would not be as mobile with-in your home
  2. On-the-go it appears that streaming app -> DNLA app -> Poly -> Mojo is more trouble than it is worth and thus most just use AirPlay at 44.1/16
The killer product would be a Poly with a native streaming app that can play music from any and all streaming services. The product that comes closest to this is the Bluesound Node (which I have owned). But, that is not a mobile product and the BluOS UI is not great as compared to the native streaming apps or Roon.

I am still on the fence about the Poly, I think there is a good argument to made that AirPlay and upscaling with the Mojo is more than good enough. Given, I don't think I will be doing much on-the-go in the near future no need to make any decision right now.
The Poly together with the Mojo is really „sexy“ and very practical to use at home together with Room what is very stable too. Via AirPlay it’s also very stable and practical in use... using the sd card via DLNA is not so perfect. So on the run I usually use my FiiO M11pro but my feeling is that Mojo beats it in sound- especially with cans.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #15,414 of 18,780
The Poly together with the Mojo is really „sexy“ and very practical to use at home together with Room what is very stable too. Via AirPlay it’s also very stable and practical in use... using the sd card via DLNA is not so perfect. So on the run I usually use my FiiO M11pro but my feeling is that Mojo beats it in sound- especially with cans.
It is like Christopher Nolan Batman sexy.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #15,415 of 18,780
Cross posting in relevant threads. SO I just got the Hugo 2 and 2GO. This is a brief review of the H2G) and comparison with FIIO M15 and Mojopoly with LCD4Z... this review is about sound quality only... iI am still getting connectivity issues with Roon on the 2GO in different rooms.

OK

I have never heard a hugo2 before so my 1st experience is with the 2go attached.

I have LCD4Z.

I had been using FIIOM15 for last few weeks balanced. My Mojopoly collecting dust. I thought I'd write something immediately based on 1st impression... may make a youtube vid.
1st. My experience has now confirmed that there are MANY on headfi that are entirely full of SH!T... ALSO synergy is important. I know that AUdeze tuned the 4Z with a hugo 2 so maybe this pairing has some magic.

SO

1st... Hugo 2 is smaller than i expected in person... it looks bigger in pictures... while bigger than a typical DAP its size is manageable.

2nd... FIIO M15 is a wonderful step up from Mojopoly balanced... it drives the LCD 4z quite nicely... Id say a 10% bump over poly.. air.. dynamics etc.

I also read some dude saying the Hugo 2go was like a little slice of Dave... and I was thinking "BS!"

well here it is..

The H2GO destroys the FIIO M15 with the LCD 4Z... dynamics... air everything... maybe this pairing is something special and would not work with every HP. But it is shocking how much better... we are talking at least a 40% bump over Mojo Poly and 30% over Fiio M15... not having heard the SP2000 or IBasso DX220 MAX... I really can't see either of these being close.... this thing is a freaking knockout... and i have been a critic of Chord.... now if they get their game together on the connectivity and SW issues they are the kings. YES this is like a slice of TT2/Mscaler (i have one) in your hand.

Attachments

• IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 13, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #15,416 of 18,780
Thanks Matt,
I have moved to the Poly thread, because the question was Poly related, and I do not want to confuse the 2Go owners.
The settings page correctly shows the number of tracks and number of playlists detected.
However the music page, still displays the message that playlists are unavailable.

Just wanted to flag up that the latest update to the Android GoFigure has cured this bug. :relaxed:

I will add a slight warning as well.
This evening there was an update for the Android OS on my tablet, and this caused the bug to return. [edit] This update also stopped the radio stations from displaying, which was a new issue.
Thankfully an additional reboot of the Android tablet, caused GoFigure to work correctly again.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #15,417 of 18,780
Just wanted to flag up that the latest update to the Android GoFigure has cured this bug. :relaxed:

I will add a slight warning as well.
This evening there was an update for the Android OS on my tablet, and this caused the bug to return. [edit] This update also stopped the radio stations from displaying, which was a new issue.
Thankfully an additional reboot of the Android tablet, caused GoFigure to work correctly again.

Crikey. Thank you for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back