Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Dec 18, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #6,034 of 6,288
Thanks, yes that would be super cool if possible. I will just put up with the computer noises. It's only audible when no sound is playing.
No need to put up with computer noises, things to try.

1. Move the Hugo 2, headphone cable and Hugo 2's USB power cable (if using) away from the PC a bit if possible.
2. Try a different PSU if it only makes the noise when charging.
3. If using Bluetooth from your PC's onboard Bluetooth try a separate good quality USB Bluetooth transmitter.

Good luck fixing it, I rarely use the Bluetooth at all and hardly ever with a PC but I've never heard any noise other than for the above reasons.

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #6,036 of 6,288
Hi all,

Has anyone tried the new JPLAY iOS app with the 2go in hotspot mode. I can't get the JPLAY iOS app to work and read/play from the SD card like MConnect and other apps do. Does anyone know why this is the case? JPLAY sounds really good otherwise. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #6,038 of 6,288
Hello everyone,

A long time (17 years member) & old non technical Head-fi lurker here - nice to meet you all!

I’ve followed these threads intensely over the past few weeks and pulled the trigger on a pair of solitaire Ts which should arrive in the next week or so. My APM were just hurting my head with their clamping pressure.

Simultaneously…., after saving up some money, I also decided to upgrade my DAC from a Chord Mojo -> Hugo 2.

I’m also deliberating whether to invest in a chord 2go if it can work with my systems.

FYI…here are my setups:

Office - I’m in the apple ecosystem (2022 M1 MBP) and am looking for the Ts to take work MS Teams video meetings, calls from my IPhone 14 ProMax and of course switch to music listening in the downtime. I would use the Hugo 2 with either a direct usb connection into my MBP / Iphone 14 or…AirPlay to the 2go if I end up buying it. Would like to use a combo of the solitaire T & my old noble Prestige K10s. Ideally, I’d like to carry this setup from the office to another room in the house without much unplugging….

On the go (plane and walking the dog primarily) have my chord mojo and deliberating whether to keep this for traveling or use the Hugo2. Will use exclusively with the solitaire Ts. For the dog walks, I’ll probably just connect the Ts directly to my phone.

Home system - Hegel H360 integrated amplifier connected to a pair of Morel Soprans. TV, Apple TV & Xbox connected to the Hegel. For music, I usually just AirPlay from tidal / Apple Music to the Hegel.

Of course, having not thought everything through…I’m starting to get worried around a couple of areas and have have some really basic questions that I was hoping to get some help with and I’d love to get some advice….I’m posting this on the chord hugo/2go thread and the Solitaire T thread.

Here we go…..

1) Can I connect via Bluetooth from the Solitaire Ts to the Hugo 2 or do I need a wired connection to ensure a better SQ? I’m thinking about either a direct USB connection from the Hugo2 to my MBP / iPhone 14 ProMax or…..Investing in a Chord 2go that can wirelessly stream from my apple device via airplay.

2) Dumb question (I think I know the answer) ….if I’m on a plane or traveling with BT only, will I notice a distinct difference in SQ if I don’t use the Hugo2 (No Dac) or stick with the mojo? Just thinking about how much to carry…

3) More for the Hugo2/2go thread….can I use my Hugo 2 as a pre-amp connected to my Hegel H360? The rationale is that the Hegel doesn’t have a headphone jack and I really want to hear what music sounds like with that setup. I’d then either connect directly (with the Solitaires or the nobles) to the hugo2 or use the 2go to then (hopefully) stream to my solitaire Ts.
Bottom line - My ‘ideal’ wireless setup would be iPhone / MBP airplay -> Hugo / 2go -> Bluetooth to Solitaire Ts.

I just don’t know if it will work and how good it will sound.

I hope I haven’t made a big mistake in dropping $2900 on the Hugo or $1600 on the Ts…. 😢

Would really appreciate someone helping an old guy out - There’s just too many variables for me to understand and keep on top of.

Thank you!! 🙏

Stinky

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #6,040 of 6,288
Hugo2 and 2Go have BT receivers only, they cannot connect to any bt headphone. You have to connect your Solitaire Ts via wires. Also, Hugo2 can be used as pre-amp.
Great. Thank you!
Stinky

Dec 30, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #6,041 of 6,288
Hello everyone,

A long time (17 years member) & old non technical Head-fi lurker here - nice to meet you all!

I’ve followed these threads intensely over the past few weeks and pulled the trigger on a pair of solitaire Ts which should arrive in the next week or so. My APM were just hurting my head with their clamping pressure.

Simultaneously…., after saving up some money, I also decided to upgrade my DAC from a Chord Mojo -> Hugo 2.

I’m also deliberating whether to invest in a chord 2go if it can work with my systems.

FYI…here are my setups:

Office - I’m in the apple ecosystem (2022 M1 MBP) and am looking for the Ts to take work MS Teams video meetings, calls from my IPhone 14 ProMax and of course switch to music listening in the downtime. I would use the Hugo 2 with either a direct usb connection into my MBP / Iphone 14 or…AirPlay to the 2go if I end up buying it. Would like to use a combo of the solitaire T & my old noble Prestige K10s. Ideally, I’d like to carry this setup from the office to another room in the house without much unplugging….

On the go (plane and walking the dog primarily) have my chord mojo and deliberating whether to keep this for traveling or use the Hugo2. Will use exclusively with the solitaire Ts. For the dog walks, I’ll probably just connect the Ts directly to my phone.

Home system - Hegel H360 integrated amplifier connected to a pair of Morel Soprans. TV, Apple TV & Xbox connected to the Hegel. For music, I usually just AirPlay from tidal / Apple Music to the Hegel.

Of course, having not thought everything through…I’m starting to get worried around a couple of areas and have have some really basic questions that I was hoping to get some help with and I’d love to get some advice….I’m posting this on the chord hugo/2go thread and the Solitaire T thread.

Here we go…..

1) Can I connect via Bluetooth from the Solitaire Ts to the Hugo 2 or do I need a wired connection to ensure a better SQ? I’m thinking about either a direct USB connection from the Hugo2 to my MBP / iPhone 14 ProMax or…..Investing in a Chord 2go that can wirelessly stream from my apple device via airplay.

2) Dumb question (I think I know the answer) ….if I’m on a plane or traveling with BT only, will I notice a distinct difference in SQ if I don’t use the Hugo2 (No Dac) or stick with the mojo? Just thinking about how much to carry…

3) More for the Hugo2/2go thread….can I use my Hugo 2 as a pre-amp connected to my Hegel H360? The rationale is that the Hegel doesn’t have a headphone jack and I really want to hear what music sounds like with that setup. I’d then either connect directly (with the Solitaires or the nobles) to the hugo2 or use the 2go to then (hopefully) stream to my solitaire Ts.
Bottom line - My ‘ideal’ wireless setup would be iPhone / MBP airplay -> Hugo / 2go -> Bluetooth to Solitaire Ts.

I just don’t know if it will work and how good it will sound.

I hope I haven’t made a big mistake in dropping $2900 on the Hugo or $1600 on the Ts…. 😢

Would really appreciate someone helping an old guy out - There’s just too many variables for me to understand and keep on top of.

Thank you!! 🙏

Stinky
With the Chord 2go and one MPD app like maximise MPD, you could start a playlist stored on the SD cards in the 2go. Then you can turn off your iphone.
With the Chord 2go and one app like Mconnect HD, you could use Qobuz with 192kHz files. Airplay and Tidal are only 44khz..
Using the Hugo2, only with Airplay, is depriving you of hearing a good part of its magic And you lose a part of your $2900.
Then with a good RCA cable, you could hear the qualities of your Hegel H360

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #6,042 of 6,288
With the Chord 2go and one MPD app like maximise MPD, you could start a playlist stored on the SD cards in the 2go. Then you can turn off your iphone.
With the Chord 2go and one app like Mconnect HD, you could use Qobuz with 192kHz files. Airplay and Tidal are only 44khz..
Using the Hugo2, only with Airplay, is depriving you of hearing a good part of its magic And you lose a part of your $2900.
Then with a good RCA cable, you could hear the qualities of your Hegel H360
Great advice. Thank you. I contacted Hegel and apparently I need an RCA -> XLR and a coax connection to get the full experience….will post pics when I receive the Cables.

Dec 31, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #6,043 of 6,288
Great advice. Thank you. I contacted Hegel and apparently I need an RCA -> XLR and a coax connection to get the full experience….will post pics when I receive the Cables.
Be carefull about the diameter of the rca connections for the Hugo2.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #6,044 of 6,288
Be carefull about the diameter of the rca connections for the Hugo2.
Thank you - I’ve been reading about the issues. I’ll probably go for custom Cardas cables but will ensure they test them out. Stay tuned and thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back