Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jan 21, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #6,062 of 6,290
Out of morbid curiosity, how do you think Hugo2Go compares to AK3000?
still more clarity...and depth. I quite literally just did this A/B compare again. SP3000 is a dream, I love it. Hugo 2 just still does more than my sp2000 and even sp3000. But the sp3000 sounds has its own pleasure. And ultra black background!

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #6,063 of 6,290
still more clarity...and depth. I quite literally just did this A/B compare again. SP3000 is a dream, I love it. Hugo 2 just still does more than my sp2000 and even sp3000. But the sp3000 sounds has its own pleasure. And ultra black background!
Interesting, thanks. I sold my Hugo2Go recently and had heard SP2000 comes close.

When you say "still does more" can you expand? You mean on a technical level?

Keen to hear the SP3000 despite the issues I read about bugs, etc.

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #6,064 of 6,290
i just got the 2go for my hugo 2 and returning it. I heard the app is bad, but this experience was painful. Going over an Auidioquest diamond USB to hugo 2 satisified me much more on sound quality and interface I can use native apps on my phone or DAP.

I feel like it has more extension, sound stage, and even clarity. Just the best sound I can find honestly. But I enjoy both... And I'm not a true expert, so apologies I can't explain better.

Sp2000 is very close to hugo 2. sp3000 does something a little different, less bright just a bit.

no issues on sp3000...very nice. but I honestly adore my sp2000 so much still. those AKM chips were and are the best for me...

Jan 21, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #6,065 of 6,290
btw mojo 2 is wonderful as well, and more fun sounding. but lacks the clarity of these guys. But! still wonderful and a I don't think you're missing too much. I have mojo, mojo 2 and hugo 2. I personally didn't like tt2 and dave sound. I found it not bright enough I guess...and to me appeared duller than hugo 2. Hugo 2 for me is the pinacle of how something should sound. Assuming right headphones and headphone cable... I use Danacable Nirvana.

Jan 21, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #6,066 of 6,290
btw mojo 2 is wonderful as well, and more fun sounding. but lacks the clarity of these guys. But! still wonderful and a I don't think you're missing too much. I have mojo, mojo 2 and hugo 2. I personally didn't like tt2 and dave sound. I found it not bright enough I guess...and to me appeared duller than hugo 2. Hugo 2 for me is the pinacle of how something should sound. Assuming right headphones and headphone cable... I use Danacable Nirvana.
Yes, thanks. I have Mojo 2. I had Hugo 2 for a long long time. In the end, I was able to get Hugo 2 levels of performance if not better by adding a Mass Kobo 428 amp to Mojo 2. So Hugo 2 became expendable.

I also had TT2 and wasn't for me - too smooth, not enough attack.

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #6,068 of 6,290
Interesting, thanks. I sold my Hugo2Go recently and had heard SP2000 comes close.

When you say "still does more" can you expand? You mean on a technical level?

Keen to hear the SP3000 despite the issues I read about bugs, etc.
No issues with the sp3k here. Don't read too much into it, people love bitching about things sometimes. My personal gripe with it is its size- it is much bigger and fatter compared to its predecessor.

I thought the sp2k was at the same level as the Hugo 2 and did a brief comparison between the Hugo and sp3k.

Both are excellent and, interestingly enough, I don't think that the Hugo 2 lags behind.

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #6,069 of 6,290
No issues with the sp3k here. Don't read too much into it, people love bitching about things sometimes. My personal gripe with it is its size- it is much bigger and fatter compared to its predecessor.

I thought the sp2k was at the same level as the Hugo 2 and did a brief comparison between the Hugo and sp3k.

Both are excellent and, interestingly enough, I don't think that the Hugo 2 lags behind.
Right. The one guy moaning about touch-to-wake....ok :thinking: Guess his phone must be a Nokia 5210 :telephone:

It's amazing how the Hugo 2 still holds up against today's TOTL DAPs. As I say, I sold mine so not saying that as a fanboy, just as someone interested in the evolution of DAPs and DACs.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #6,070 of 6,290
Right. The one guy moaning about touch-to-wake....ok :thinking: Guess his phone must be a Nokia 5210 :telephone:

It's amazing how the Hugo 2 still holds up against today's TOTL DAPs. As I say, I sold mine so not saying that as a fanboy, just as someone interested in the evolution of DAPs and DACs.
I had Hugo 2 a few times- my only reason for selling it before was 2Go’s unsatisfactory performance. I have no use for a wired product as I am pretty big on streaming (as a Roon convert);

If Poly and 2Go didn’t exist, I wouldn’t be here singing praise of Hugo 2 and Mojo 2. Speaking of, Mojo‘s successor is truly excellent- even if I never quite got into exploring the EQ piece.
I ended up returning it as Poly wouldn’t play ball with my network and I kept getting playback issues.

Jan 22, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #6,072 of 6,290
Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #6,073 of 6,290
Haven’t used my 2go for a while. Sure enough it’s still a crap shoot. Many attempts to connect to its bt. Finally get on and hoping there’s a firmware update in the last 6 months to fix my (still) issue with pops and clicks. But when i click on device settings in the go figure app the whole app crashes. Not just crashes but drops the bt connection too. Go figure…

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #6,074 of 6,290
Haven’t used my 2go for a while. Sure enough it’s still a crap shoot. Many attempts to connect to its bt. Finally get on and hoping there’s a firmware update in the last 6 months to fix my (still) issue with pops and clicks. But when i click on device settings in the go figure app the whole app crashes. Not just crashes but drops the bt connection too. Go figure…
To my knowledge there have been no real fixes for the serious issues some users have, as the software development costs must be very high for Chord I suspect nothing will ever be done now.

I'm happy with mine but I mainly use it as a streamer on my desk at home so I probably could have bought a Wiim Mini for 70 quid and been happy.

Jan 23, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #6,075 of 6,290
I have three use cases for mine:

1) Roon endpoint at home
2) Roon ARC on the go at cafés etc
3) Playback via Mconnect and the like on the go via my phone's hotspot

All all of the above work great. Not tested Bluetooth playback and never intend to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back